British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague TV contract 2019-21

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HAVE suggested in SS next week that the FIM simply ban SGP riders from racing competitively 24 hours prior to a round of what is after all the World Championship.

After reading the interview with Castagne in SS the other week it's obvious he is just a  puppet with no b*lls,the FIM are basically in the pocket of the PMZ and if they allow this to happen they are basically irrelevant

10 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

After reading the interview with Castagne in SS the other week it's obvious he is just a  puppet with no b*lls,the FIM are basically in the pocket of the PMZ and if they allow this to happen they are basically irrelevant

TRUST me, this is only the tip of the iceberg

Well I think there is one forum member who has been a constant critic of Castagna for years:approve: And there is also someone who has constantly had his back!!So maybe it is welcome on board Phil? 

3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Well I think there is one forum member who has been a constant critic of Castagna for years:approve: And there is also someone who has constantly had his back!!So maybe it is welcome on board Phil? 

POLISH influence spreads further up the FIM hierarchy than Armando who still has my respect. If you knew of all the things he has and is doing you might have a different opinion.His battles with the Poles take place on an almost daily basis. 

The buck normally stops at the top.A number of fiascos have happened under his watch,but of course as ever someone else is to blame!!!

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT'S not missing practice that is an issue.What happens when a rider actually misses a GP because he was injured the night before. And who replaces him or indeed them?

Why so much fuss over nothing ?

One way around the problem of a rider being injured on Friday (GP eve)  is to have the first GP reserve ready and primed to ride in the GP.   It's a cost to have an additional rider travel to the GP but it gives cover.   Easy solution.       No real difference from a rider getting a knock on Thursday or Friday.    Just get the reserve at the track and ready to race. 

Edited by Mark

44 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HAVE suggested in SS next week that the FIM simply ban SGP riders from racing competitively 24 hours prior to a round of what is after all the World Championship.

Is this restraint of trade ?      I've given an easy solution in my previous reply.

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Are we in the same situation before the SoN in Russia.     It will be harder to fly a rider out there due to the visa needed than fill a GP spot.

One way around the problem of a rider being injured on Friday (GP eve)  is to have the first GP reserve ready and primed to ride in the GP.   It's a cost to have an additional rider travel to the GP but gives cover.   Easy solution.

9 minutes ago, iris123 said:

The buck normally stops at the top.A number of fiascos have happened under his watch,but of course as ever someone else is to blame!!!

NOT sure what all these fiascos are and, of course, Armando is not the man at the top. The various commissions at the FIM do not have complete autonomy.

4 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NOT sure what all these fiascos are and, of course, Armando is not the man at the top. The various commissions at the FIM do not have complete autonomy.

But I've given an easy workable solution to the problem you raise.    I don't see what the fuss is all about.    It's two GP's only and for those two GP's get a reserve at the track ready to race.      I'm surprised it doesn't happen at every GP in case of illness to a top 15 rider.

What objection could you have ?

Edited by Mark

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

Is this restraint of trade ?      I've given an easy solution in my previous reply.

NO, not if it is part of the contract that riders sign to compete in the championship. Your 'solution' is not that simple. Supposing the first Reserve  also required in Poland the night before. Is he expected make all the arrangement (bikes, mechanics, etc) to travel to the SGP the following day without knowing whether or not he will be needed. And what if more than one rider is injured or unable to travel? Far better to have all the riders in attendance the day before. Many of the riders would rather have that decision made for them and not have to fight their prime employers.

7 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NO, not if it is part of the contract that riders sign to compete in the championship. Your 'solution' is not that simple. Supposing the first Reserve  also required in Poland the night before. Is he expected make all the arrangement (bikes, mechanics, etc) to travel to the SGP the following day without knowing whether or not he will be needed. And what if more than one rider is injured or unable to travel? Far better to have all the riders in attendance the day before. Many of the riders would rather have that decision made for them and not have to fight their prime employers.

I've already said it's an additional cost so YES the first reserve should be expected to travel.    He would get paid and also have this in his GP contract.   It's only 2 GP's remember so no huge deal.    And maybe he could take the Number 16 slot or even 17 track reserve.   

Your objection to my simple solution is made on one point.  That more than 1 rider could be injured on Friday night.    A possibly of course but massively slim.   There may be a statistican out there who can let us know how many riders have had a knock on Wed/Thur night in GP week which has caused them to miss a GP.

Never did I think the Polish League would ever become bigger than the FIM world championship but it seems it has now. Possibility of riders being injured on Friday nights with no adequate replacements. What happens if there is a rain off on Saturday and Polish TV don't want to cancel their 2 TV matches ?  How has it come to this that the tail wags the dog ! 

1 hour ago, Mark said:

I've already said it's an additional cost so YES the first reserve should be expected to travel.    He would get paid and also have this in his GP contract.   It's only 2 GP's remember so no huge deal.    And maybe he could take the Number 16 slot or even 17 track reserve.   

Your objection to my simple solution is made on one point.  That more than 1 rider could be injured on Friday night.    A possibly of course but massively slim.   There may be a statistican out there who can let us know how many riders have had a knock on Wed/Thur night in GP week which has caused them to miss a GP.

PLUS the reserve dates for rain-offs, etc... get paid what? 

Have the Polish fixtures been released yet? be interesting if Zmarzlik, Janowski or Dudek have to ride on the Fridays before Krsko or Wroclaw GP's.

Could give an advantage to GP riders not having to race on the Friday

59 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

Have the Polish fixtures been released yet? be interesting if Zmarzlik, Janowski or Dudek have to ride on the Fridays before Krsko or Wroclaw GP's.

Could give an advantage to GP riders not having to race on the Friday

Yes, the Extraliga fixtures are here:

https://m.sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/pge-ekstraliga/kalendarz

Im awaiting the Nice 1 league and 2nd division fixtures to help me choose where to add additional meetings to a couple of weekend trips I have organised for next season.