British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague TV contract 2019-21

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YOU are assuming that the Friday meetings are the night before an SGP round in Poland. Bradford is a lot closer to Manchester than Torun is to Krsko for example. And these aren't extra meetings ... just being staged on a Friday rather than a Saturday or Sunday.

You're in the minority with your objections.  All of which are easily solved.   Riders travel from a Saturday evening GP to race in Poland the next afternoon on a regular basis.  It's not new.   Riders are now earning more money becuase of the new TV contract, there is more exposure for current sponsors, all meetings live on TV so more sponsorship may come into the sport.  It's all positive.  

Its only 2 GP's in 2019.   Friday night racing is here to stay.   You'll have to accept it and get on with it.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mark said:

You're in the minority with your objections.  All of which are easily solved.   Riders travel from a Saturday evening GP to race in Poland the next afternoon on a regular basis.  It's not new.   Riders are now earning more money becuase of the new TV contract, there is more exposure for current sponsors, all meetings live on TV so more sponsorship may come into the sport.  It's all positive.  

Its only 2 GP's in 2019.   Friday night racing is here to stay.   You'll have to accept it and get on with it.  

I’m sure there are 15 riders unhappy with this Extraleague decision. They are all to scared to upset the Polish cash cow. You just wait until a rider racing in Poland the night before has a bad GP - the truth will then come out !!! For fear of repeating myself there is absolutely no need for the Extraleague to schedule league matches the night before  a GP.

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

I’m sure there are 15 riders unhappy with this Extraleague decision. They are all to scared to upset the Polish cash cow. You just wait until a rider racing in Poland the night before has a bad GP - the truth will then come out !!! For fear of repeating myself there is absolutely no need for the Extraleague to schedule league matches the night before  a GP.

Riders have had bad GP's since day one and plenty have made poor excuses.  That won't change in the short term.   At least they cant blame the track being different in practise to race night so we have one positive.   Doubt the 15 riders will be too upset when receiving their increased Extraleague 2019 pay cheque.

The Poles could schedule better but they haven't so let's press on.    It's 2 GP's not 10.   Mountain out of a mole hill.

Edited by Mark

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Riders have had bad GP's since day one and plenty have made poor excuses.  That won't change in the short term.   At least they cant blame the track being different in practise to race night so we have one positive.   Doubt the 15 riders will be too upset when receiving their increased Extraleague 2019 pay cheque.

The Poles could schedule better but they haven't so let's press on.    It's 2 GP's not 10.   Mountain out of a mole hill.

WHAT makes you think there is an increased pay cheque. Tim is right, given a choice riders would not want to travel through the night for a SGP. You are quite entitled to stick to your view but any suggestion that it is something new that will prove beneficial for speedway as a whole is difficult to swallow.

59 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHAT makes you think there is an increased pay cheque. Tim is right, given a choice riders would not want to travel through the night for a SGP. You are quite entitled to stick to your view but any suggestion that it is something new that will prove beneficial for speedway as a whole is difficult to swallow.

Two new TV deals have given a huge amount of extra revenue over the contract period.  R&R gave the values earlier in the thread, sigificant sums of money generated just from TV and more will come from sponsors because every match is live.  

Riders are not fools as they are the stars of the show and will argue there worth    What makes you think the riders are not earning more given the huge rise in income due to these contracts ?      

If the riders are earning more, the clubs are earning more, there is more sponsorship coverage, the opportunity for more sponsors is obvious due to live TV - if you find that hard to swallow - there is no hope !!        

You refuse to embrace the postive and only mention the negative.     I'm setting the balance and it is FOR 2 GP'S ONLY.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

Two new TV deals have given a huge amount of extra revenue over the contract period.  R&R gave the values earlier in the thread, sigificant sums of money generated just from TV and more will come from sponsors because every match is live.  

Riders are not fools as they are the stars of the show and will argue there worth    What makes you think the riders are not earning more given the huge rise in income due to these contracts ?      

If the riders are earning more, the clubs are earning more, there is more sponsorship coverage, the opportunity for more sponsors is obvious due to live TV - if you find that hard to swallow - there is no hope !!        

You refuse to embrace the postive and only mention the negative.     I'm setting the balance and it is FOR 2 GP'S ONLY.   

You keep on saying 2 GP`s - however the reserve dates are on another 6 GP weekends. Hell of a difference if they use some of those !!!!

26 minutes ago, Mark said:

WE could go on forever. But let's not. However you are a little naive about Polish speedway if you think the clubs will will be dictated to by riders. 

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

You keep on saying 2 GP`s - however the reserve dates are on another 6 GP weekends. Hell of a difference if they use some of those !!!!

I keep saying 2 because its 2.   Fact.   If we get a rain off it could increase but its 2 now.   

Who says they would use a Friday for a replacement ?   Maybe if all 4 meetings go kuput on the same weekend but that is so rare.   Keep some stats and we'll chat again after Torun.    You can't use hypothetical rain off's as part of the argument just to suit.  

Edited by Mark

48 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WE could go on forever. But let's not. However you are a little naive about Polish speedway if you think the clubs will will be dictated to by riders. 

Agreed.   Happy to call it a sporting draw but I'm not naive as the riders will have to get some of the extra money.  Might be plenty of Polish fans who'll pay to attend 2 meetings each weekend in 2019.    An idea for a Travel Plus Tour maybe ?      

6 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Well played FIM, they were just biding their time.

Be a arm wrestle now.  Will the Polish move the two Friday night pre GP evenings to another date ?

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

And get allocated the draws no one wants- Woffinden etc are going to be well pleased at that thought !!!

See your point as it's not a level playing field.  But a random draw didn't stop Tai winning pretty easily last year and I doubt they will , granted no injuries, in 2019.    He had 3 x Number 1 draw's didn't he ?   

I don't have the 2019 team sheets so do you know what riders would be racing on the two Friday nights before a GP ?   Is it evenly spread across the main riders ?   

24 minutes ago, Mark said:

See your point as it's not a level playing field.  But a random draw didn't stop Tai winning pretty easily last year and I doubt they will , granted no injuries, in 2019.    He had 3 x Number 1 draw's didn't he ?   

I don't have the 2019 team sheets so do you know what riders would be racing on the two Friday nights before a GP ?   Is it evenly spread across the main riders ?   

31st May Wroclaw v Lublin Torun v Gorzow

1st August Lublin v Czestochowa Grudziadz v Zielona Gora