British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

2 hours ago, jenga said:

and i never said they did . !

i think i answered your question with a question . (rhetorical)

O.K. I'll put it this way. I don't know if Glasgow Speedway pays rent to Allied Ashfield and if they do and it's a peppercorn rent then that's the deal.

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 1

its funny how you  dont hear the likes of kyle howarth moaning about not making a living out of the SPORT . they just get on with it and enjoy it .

now lets see who breaks the unwritten rule and signs a top superstar and then moans about not making a living from being a promoter , who is your money on , eh ?

Edited by jenga
  • Haha 1

38 points to work with in the Championship next year! That’ll be Cook ruled out for Glasgow I’d say. 

I get the need to see a clear difference in overall quality between the two leagues but feel we could’ve gone with an increase in the Premiership to prevent such a massive drop in the Championship.

Edited by Solidmango
  • Like 3

Gutted that they have dropped the points limit, Cook brought a feel good factor to Glasgow when he joined and he was a delight to watch, bet the dont bring the admission price down to watch a watered down league.  All that will happen is that current middle order riders will demand more as they will in effect become heatleaders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solidmango said:

38 points to work with in the Championship next year! That’ll be Cook ruled out for Glasgow I’d say. 

I get the need to see a clear difference in overall quality between the two leagues but feel we could’ve gone with an increase in the Premiership to prevent such a massive drop in the Championship.

For what it’s worth I don’t believe Cook and a few others should be anywhere near the Championship, There needs to be a definitive gap between the top two leagues and Cook and some others are too good and too expensive for the Championship.

i can’t see the entertainment value in some riders crossing the finishing line when others are entering the third bend

• Like 6

I think the point limit is a step in the right direction. 

I mean if you REALLY really want to have Cook, you still could have, with the rest of the team being a majority of 2 pointers. It would only water down that kind of team. It makes a more level playing field. A team of 6 pointers was far from watered down at Workington and the racing was fantastic, and looks like it’s the secret (or not so secret) formula! 

A lot of teams if not all will just be happy to be running, if it cuts down costs and prevents doubling up then so be it. :t:

• Like 3

38 points is a big drop . Will the admission price reflect the difference now between the top two leagues ? Or will we be paying as much , and in some cases more , than the top flight ? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Paulco said:

38 points is a big drop . Will the admission price reflect the difference now between the top two leagues ? Or will we be paying as much , and in some cases more , than the top flight ? 

I suspect, given all clubs are apparently running at a loss, that there’ll be no reduction in admission prices in any division. It may be there’s a slight increase in the Premiership and no change in the championship? 

• Like 1

its good to see a that there will be a gap in performance between the 2 top leagues . premier clubs may now have the right to call theme selves premier.

Be interesting to see how we build to 38 points to be fair we struggled to get it right when it was 42.5.

Surely the new watered down product means no Cookie , watering it down did not work before it just made in demand average riders more expensive.

This in my opinion does nothing to increase crowd levels or standard a massive backward step once again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Be interesting to see how we build to 38 points to be fair we struggled to get it right when it was 42.5.

Surely the new watered down product means no Cookie , watering it down did not work before it just made in demand average riders more expensive.

This in my opinion does nothing to increase crowd levels or standard a massive backward step once again.

i dont think any promotion will be held to ransom by any rider now . 

I hope they dont go back to Sundays at 3pm as that will be 1 less season ticket as I work 3 out of 4 Sundays and dont finish until 3, would need to be 4pm or later

Id be able to go sundays at 3pm so would my wife and kids.

6 hours ago, jenga said:

its funny how you  dont hear the likes of kyle howarth moaning about not making a living out of the SPORT . they just get on with it and enjoy it .

now lets see who breaks the unwritten rule and signs a top superstar and then moans about not making a living from being a promoter , who is your money on , eh ?

59 minutes ago, jenga said:

i dont think any promotion will be held to ransom by any rider now . 

Jeeezs Jenga you are on fire tonight

Cookie will be back at Glasgow the fans love him up there. St Craig of Glasgow.

Just means they will have 28 points or so for the other 6 riders. A 6 pointer two 5's and 3 around 4 points.

Who says it won't work as your team broke all the traditional team build rules this year and won the treble.

You pays your money and you take your chances. After this year who knows how to build a good team.

Regards 

THJ 

25 minutes ago, baba said:

Id be able to go sundays at 3pm so would my wife and kids.

I'd prefer Sunday's too but they've said on Facebook that they intend sticking to Friday nights.