British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:00 AM, mikebv said:

Guests are allowed because they always have been. Too easy to keep doing the same old, same old. 

Not really ..Guests are used because no one and that  includes  people on this this forum have come with a better idea that wont reduce the crowds numbers ..so intill they do guests quite rightly should stay .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

I'd prefer Sunday's too but they've said on Facebook that they intend sticking to Friday nights.

They made a big song and dance about running on a Friday night ( remember the famous letter ) so it would be a bit embarrassing to return to a Sunday afternoon after just one season running on a Friday night . I'm surprised at Somerset dropping back down , but glad too as i love the place and if we also get Birmingham and Kent , then we might get some Southern Tours again too .

With Ipswich moving up to the top flight , we should be enquiring after Drew Kemp . I know every club in the Championship will be after him , but surely we must ask the question . 

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 2

Young Drew rides Ashfield very well amd would be a fab 2 pointer, but would he travel up here every week, I doubt it

Some initial team thoughts: 

C Harris - 7.71

L Kerr - 7.18

K Howarth - 6.95

K Newman - 5.98

P Starke - 5.88

J Thomas - 2.30

D Kemp - 2.00

Total - 38 

Or.....

C Cook - 10.45

L Kerr - 7.18

P Starke - 5.88

J Pickering - 6.11

N Greaves - 4.09

J Thomas - 2.30

D Kemp - 2.00

Total - 38.1 (Kemp and Thomas will get 2.5% reductions)

I've got to be honest, I know Cook is 'expensive' on his average but I feel the team riding and assistance he can offer is worth this especially if both reserves can perform as well as they are expected to. 

3 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

Young Drew rides Ashfield very well amd would be a fab 2 pointer, but would he travel up here every week, I doubt it

Maybe so Dot , but if you dont ask you dont get 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Some initial team thoughts: 

C Harris - 7.71

L Kerr - 7.18

K Howarth - 6.95

K Newman - 5.98

P Starke - 5.88

J Thomas - 2.30

D Kemp - 2.00

Total - 38 

Or.....

C Cook - 10.45

L Kerr - 7.18

P Starke - 5.88

J Pickering - 6.11

N Greaves - 4.09

J Thomas - 2.30

D Kemp - 2.00

Total - 38.1 (Kemp and Thomas will get 2.5% reductions)

I've got to be honest, I know Cook is 'expensive' on his average but I feel the team riding and assistance he can offer is worth this especially if both reserves can perform as well as they are expected to. 

Cookie is a "Shoe In"

Kemp will not get a 2.5% reduction as 2 points is as low as you can get average wise, 

However the interesting point for me is the line on the BSPA Web site with regards to what come out of the AGM and the heading with the key point being underlined

"The BSPA League Structures for 2019 will be; (NB to support the progression of riders who have progressed through the National Development League, all riders will receive a 2.5% reduction in their average)"

In the past this 2.5% reduction was only applied to a rider for three years upon leaving the National League and the way I am interpreting this new regulation (Possibly wrongly) is that all British Riders are getting a 2.5% reduction so Cookies average will drop to 10.20 which will make a small difference to who can be brought in.

So the question is can anyone confirm that this is the case? Who actually gets the reduction? it seems a bit open to me...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
missed out key word

2 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Cookie is a "Shoe In"

Kemp will not get a 2.5% reduction as 2 points is as low as you can get average wise, 

However the interesting point for me is the line on the BSPA Web site with regards to what come out of the AGM and the heading with the key point being underlined

"The BSPA League Structures for 2019 will be; (NB to support the progression of riders who have progressed through the National Development League, all riders will receive a 2.5% reduction in their average)"

In the past this 2.5% reduction was only applied to a rider for three years upon leaving the National League and the way I am interpreting this new regulation (Possibly wrongly) is that all British Riders are getting a 2.5% reduction so Cookies average will drop to 10.20 which will make a small difference to who can be brought in.

So the question is can anyone confirm that this is the case? Who actually gets the reduction? it seems a bit open to me...

Regards
THJ

Thats an interesting point , what would Woffinden come in on ? Haha . 

The 38 point limit should rule Cook out of the equation , sad but he'd take too large a chunk out of the points limit . Personally i'd have Vissing , Kerr and Starke back . That would be roughly 21 points . I'd take Pickering in a heartbeat if Edinburgh could be persuaded to part with him , but riders on his sort of average will be like gold dust . Especially him , who'd put 2 points on his average on a proper speedway track . Kemp and Thomas at reserve would be a major coup and throw in a Coty Garcia and that should be umder the limit . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

whhat about my mate , sarj. any room for him ?

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

whhat about my mate , sarj. any room for him ?

He'll be Leicester bound i would have thought 

4 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Yes, he's spearheading the Comets next year! 

phew , thank god for that . i thought we were going to lose him to the wonga .

• Haha 1

Wouldn’t think Cook will be back after the press release stating the club is losing a six figure sum every year, while I think he’s fantastic he must also be one of the highest paid riders in the league.

maybe time to go with our assets such as Summers, Lunna, Palovaara etc to help save loan fees

22 minutes ago, Tigerforever said:

Wouldn’t think Cook will be back after the press release stating the club is losing a six figure sum every year, while I think he’s fantastic he must also be one of the highest paid riders in the league.

maybe time to go with our assets such as Summers, Lunna, Palovaara etc to help save loan fees

its down to what you want/need . a top rider and lose money or a reality check and go with a balanced side and the continuation of Glasgow speedway .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

Thats an interesting point , what would Woffinden come in on ? Haha . 

The 38 point limit should rule Cook out of the equation , sad but he'd take too large a chunk out of the points limit . Personally i'd have Vissing , Kerr and Starke back . That would be roughly 21 points . I'd take Pickering in a heartbeat if Edinburgh could be persuaded to part with him , but riders on his sort of average will be like gold dust . Especially him , who'd put 2 points on his average on a proper speedway track . Kemp and Thomas at reserve would be a major coup and throw in a Coty Garcia and that should be umder the limit . 

As much as I am a massive fan of Craig Cook, with our league being diluted due to the points limit reduction, do we really want to see him winning easily, streaks ahead of of the opposition week in , week out?