British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

3 hours ago, Paulco said:

Maybe so Dot , but if you dont ask you dont get 

Thought you already had:wink:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

I'd prefer Sunday's too but they've said on Facebook that they intend sticking to Friday nights.

Looks like i will be missing another year.

Lewis Kerr Paul Starke niki Luna Bradley Wilson dean ben barker sarj or Nathan greaves jack Thomas  37.64

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Paulco said:

38 points is a big drop . Will the admission price reflect the difference now between the top two leagues ? Or will we be paying as much , and in some cases more , than the top flight ? 

Cannot see a reduced admission at any track next year.

9 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Cookie is a "Shoe In"

Kemp will not get a 2.5% reduction as 2 points is as low as you can get average wise, 

However the interesting point for me is the line on the BSPA Web site with regards to what come out of the AGM and the heading with the key point being underlined

"The BSPA League Structures for 2019 will be; (NB to support the progression of riders who have progressed through the National Development League, all riders will receive a 2.5% reduction in their average)"

In the past this 2.5% reduction was only applied to a rider for three years upon leaving the National League and the way I am interpreting this new regulation (Possibly wrongly) is that all British Riders are getting a 2.5% reduction so Cookies average will drop to 10.20 which will make a small difference to who can be brought in.

So the question is can anyone confirm that this is the case? Who actually gets the reduction? it seems a bit open to me...

Regards
THJ

Think you might be right with Cookie.

Cook can still race both leagues. Sponsors helping with the signings will most likely be with the bigger signings (i.e cook). With Cook the guest at the winter event on Saturday could he be the first name for 2019?

Be good to see Lewis Kerr back again and hopefully Jack Thomas is back now that he has had a full season at championship level.

• Like 1

Here goes with my effort on the pitiful 38 limit

1. Rene Bach. 7.19 2. Nike Lunna 5.58 3. Ben Barker 7.05 4. Paul Starke 5.88 5. Aaron Summers 7.18 6. Jack Thomas 2.30 7. Drew Kemp 2.00

Total 37.18

Bringing Aaron back on that average with the points limit where it is would be a no brainer and being our asset then no fee involved, same thinking with Lunna our asset and average that fits.

Would have Barker before Vissing more potential away from Ben and I know we have been there before but needs must with the low points limit , Starke for me is a must most of his season was blighted by niggling injuries last year and is far better than 5.88 I fear he will be a Rebel next year though , young Kemp we can but dream as most will be chasing his signature at this level another possible Rebel next year but here is hoping.

Jack if Kent don't move up will improve next year there was glimpses last year as to how good this kid will be . And Rene same again attractive average and a return to Glasgow I am sure will appeal to him.

So start with our own two riders Aaron & Nike and build round them. 

• Like 1

A pitiful 38 limit you say Gazc yet you didnt use .82 of it :)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

A pitiful 38 limit you say Gazc yet you didnt use .82 of it :)

Keeping that in reserve to strengthen up at a later date that .82 could be the difference. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Keeping that in reserve to strengthen up at a later date that .82 could be the difference. 

looks like a Berwick plan to lower all the teams averages and then bring in a GP star or something like that !

3 minutes ago, jenga said:

looks like a Berwick plan to lower all the teams averages and then bring in a GP star or something like that !

When have we ever had a GP star ride for us?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, topsoil said:

When have we ever had a GP star ride for us?

Kus and Pepe.

• Haha 2

My go.......just for fun.

With Cookie......as it's been hinted he's a cert to sign....

Cook 10.45....Summers 7.18....Starke 5.88....Sargeant 4.16....Stewart 4.09....Mountain 3.57....Kemp 2.00 = 37.33  (options to have Bacon or Garcia in place of Sargeant)

Cookieless.....

Summers 7.18....Vissing 6.94....Kerr 7.18....Starke 5.88....Stewart 4.09....Mountain 3.57....Kemp 2.00 = 36.84  (options to have Allen, Palm Toft or Ellis in place of Kerr)

I think the bottom three should all make good progress next year.  I also realise that every promoter and their granny's will be wanting to sign Kemp.

I have some other names that I fancy but feel there may be a lesser chance of them signing and/or moving clubs i.e.  Jensen, Pickering, Heeps, Etheridge and Wilson-Dean.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Kus and Pepe.

Touche. I suppose you could add Rymel, Makovsky and Franchetti to that list as well.

24 minutes ago, Blackadder said:

Connor Mountain will be riding for Leicester.

Its a bit of fun and a major feat to build a half decent team to 38 points.

I could have included Tai in my effort doesn't mean he is signing.

So chill out and lets see who signs for who.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1