British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

Pretty disappointed to be honest, did not tell me anything I did not know before except the rumour that the promotion had already signed cookie and starkey but have not come right out with it , wanting to build some speculation  i think

• Like 1

Pretty disappointed, did not tell me anything I did not know,except the rumour that the promotion have already signed cookie and starkey ,but are not coming right out and saying this. Must want to build some speculation I think.

20 hours ago, Tigeratheart said:

Pretty disappointed, did not tell me anything I did not know,except the rumour that the promotion have already signed cookie and starkey ,but are not coming right out and saying this. Must want to build some speculation I think.

Much head scratching with most promotions about how to fit 7 riders into this ridiculous points limit . Think it will take more time than usual to find out who is riding where next year 

5 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Much head scratching with most promotions about how to fit 7 riders into this ridiculous points limit . Think it will take more time than usual to find out who is riding where next year 

With the extra team the reduction is not as dramatic as first seems

From the same pool of riders the average team total reduces from the 42.5 to around 40 anyway

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

With the extra team the reduction is not as dramatic as first seems

From the same pool of riders the average team total reduces from the 42.5 to around 40 anyway

38 is 38 last time i checked 

The only saving grace is that an extra team means the 38 point limit wont put 7 riders out of a job 

Edited by Paulco

6 minutes ago, Paulco said:

38 is 38 last time i checked 

The only saving grace is that an extra team means the 38 point limit wont put 7 riders out of a job 

Robbo and Howe retired Others like Klindt strongly tipped to not be in Championship

So 10+ new riders on a mix of 2 and 4 averages will make it much easier to hit 38

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Robbo and Howe retired Others like Klindt strongly tipped to not be in Championship

So 10+ new riders on a mix of 2 and 4 averages will make it much easier to hit 38

We shall see . I just hope watering the product down even further doesnt become a stadium emptier . 

In the long term you could have 5 pointers becoming 7 or 8 pointers in an easier league , when theyre not really 7 or 8 point men and suddenly unemployable . 

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paulco said:

We shall see . I just hope watering the product down even further doesnt become a stadium emptier . 

In the long term you could have 5 pointers becoming 7 or 8 pointers in an easier league , when theyre not really 7 or 8 point men and suddenly unemployable . 

It will only work if they stick to the multi year plan to build in the differential between the leagues

Although that may mean a 38 limit in the 2nd tier in the coming years and forcing out the top riders from it

That will only work if they manage to strengthen the top league too and make it financially viable for riders to rely on just that league

No easy answers and no guaranteed success

19 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It will only work if they stick to the multi year plan to build in the differential between the leagues

Although that may mean a 38 limit in the 2nd tier in the coming years and forcing out the top riders from it

That will only work if they manage to strengthen the top league too and make it financially viable for riders to rely on just that league

No easy answers and no guaranteed success

Yes it was ludicrous having riders riding at number 1 in the Premiership and the Championship at the same time . But watering down the Championship when most of the clubs are struggling to just keep going is a gamble . 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paulco said:

Having only 15 home meetings doesnt exactly help. Should we start our season the first Friday in April we could be done the second Friday in July assuming no rain offs or blank fixtures. Naturally these will be dragged out significantly longer making speedway the same turn off as last year.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MD said:

Having only 15 home meetings doesnt exactly help. Should we start our season the first Friday in April we could be done the second Friday in July assuming no rain offs or blank fixtures. Naturally these will be dragged out significantly longer making speedway the same turn off as last year.

How did we cope in the 70's with about 25 teams in our league ? 

• Like 1

15 fixtures will be the minimum, I would think most clubs will have a first meeting challenge and an individual bringing it to 17 fixtures

the more successful clubs will do something like 20 plus I would imagine 

i do understand the frustration with it being a 38 points limit but what would supporters prefer a 42:5 with 7/8 clubs

1 hour ago, Tigerforever said:

15 fixtures will be the minimum, I would think most clubs will have a first meeting challenge and an individual bringing it to 17 fixtures

the more successful clubs will do something like 20 plus I would imagine 

i do understand the frustration with it being a 38 points limit but what would supporters prefer a 42:5 with 7/8 clubs

If it meant seeing a better standard of riders racing against each other , then yes . Wasnt too many years ago the points limit was 45 . 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Paulco said:

If it meant seeing a better standard of riders racing against each other , then yes . Wasnt too many years ago the points limit was 45 . 

Trouble is even your Promotion can't get enough fans through the gate to make it pay for itself ,a higher standard probably means big wage bills which is going to close you down if you believe what they are saying.Promotions have to get together regarding wage cap ,if the sport is going to revive its self.Need to go back and build again IMO .

• Like 1