British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

If it meant seeing a better standard of riders racing against each other , then yes . Wasnt too many years ago the points limit was 45 . 

When the limit was 45 new riders from elsewhere were coming in on 7 and 9 and Brits on 3

Now its 4 and 5 with Brits on 2

A couple of those in a side and 38 becomes an old 45 anyway

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

When the limit was 45 new riders from elsewhere were coming in on 7 and 9 and Brits on 3

Now its 4 and 5 with Brits on 2

A couple of those in a side and 38 becomes an old 45 anyway

4 minutes ago, Tigerforever said:

Plus teams were built with bonus points back then which added another 2/3 points on to the actual team averages 

Two very good and valid posts

Is it possible for anyone to confirm from the side that finished the season, who would be eligible for the 2.5% reduction? Would Kerr get a reduction on his 7.18?
Thanks in advance :)

6 minutes ago, cheggie said:

Is it possible for anyone to confirm from the side that finished the season, who would be eligible for the 2.5% reduction? Would Kerr get a reduction on his 7.18?

i think all brits get the reduction , apart from the 2 pointers and set averagw guys (newbies)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cheggie said:

As I understand it, ( not saying I’m right ) it’s any rider who at any time has come through the National / Conference Leagues 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, jenga said:

i think all brits get the reduction , apart from the 2 pointers and set averagw guys (newbies)

5 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

As I understand it, ( not saying I’m right ) it’s any rider who at any time has come through the National / Conference Leagues 

Thanks for the replies.

I thought it was the later, as the AGM statement said -

To support the progression of riders who have progressed through the National Development League, all riders will receive a 2.5% reduction in their average

But I am just not sure who this would be applicable to.....

7 minutes ago, cheggie said:

Thanks for the replies.

I thought it was the later, as the AGM statement said -

To support the progression of riders who have progressed through the National Development League, all riders will receive a 2.5% reduction in their average

But I am just not sure who this would be applicable to.....

Would this be correct?

Craig Cook y (Buxton)
Chris Harris ?
Claus Vissing n/a
Paul Starke y (Buxton)
James Sargeant y (dudley)
Nathan Greaves y (dudley)
Jack Thomas y (kent)
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, cheggie said:

Would this be correct?

Craig Cook y (Buxton)
Chris Harris ?
Claus Vissing n/a
Paul Starke y (Buxton)
James Sargeant y (dudley)
Nathan Greaves y (dudley)
Jack Thomas y (kent)

Chris Harris rode for St Austell in the Conference League in 1998 aged 15.

1 minute ago, StevePark said:

Chris Harris rode for St Austell in the Conference League in 1998 aged 15.

Thank you! Just trying to do some digging, and work at the same time. :)

• Like 1

Drew Kemp to be a Tiger in 2019!!

Unfotunately for Glasgow it will be the Sheffield variety

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Drew Kemp to be a Tiger in 2019!!

Unfotunately for Glasgow it will be the Sheffield variety

Has Ipswich signed him and loaned him to Sheffield for 2019 ? 

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Has Ipswich signed him and loaned him to Sheffield for 2019 ? 

It was confirmed when he rode for us that his registration is now held by the Witches

Reports locally are that Drew doesnt qualify to ride in the Premiership (although other info contadicts this)

Championship is the right choice for Drew IMO

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Heedthebaw said:

Two very good and valid posts

They are and they put forward their opinions very well and i do get where they are coming from . 

But i just feel such a drastic cut in the points limit is going to make life difficult for some riders and also short changing the paying public . For a sport that seems permanently on life support , i dont see how watering down the product is the way to achieve an upturn in it's fortunes . 

I hope i'm wrong , but i fear a downturn in the level of performers in our league will eventually have a further negative impact on crowd levels . 

I mean no disrespect to the riders i mention , but are people not more likely to make an effort to go to the track to watch Craig Cook or Nick Morris or Steve and Richie Worrall or Danny King rather than Kevin Doolan or Ludvig Lindgren or Simon Lambert . 

I've no doubt that the admission prices wont reflect the dropping of the level the riders on show , so i have my doubts about dropping to 38 points will help the sport in any way . Yes in the short term it will save promotions money , but long term do we keep watering down and watering down . 

It's going to be a make or break year for league speedway at a few venues . 

• Like 1

I do understand your concerns Paulco and indeed Ive said that the change in strengths is one of the reasons Im happy that Ipswich have moved up