2 Sargeant 4.09 (2.5% red)
3 Kerr 7 (2.5% red)
4 Starke 5.73 (2.5% red)
5 Summers 7.18  
6 Greaves 3.99 (2.5% red)
7 Thomas 2.24 (2.5% red)

And I would guess they will be all on £1000 a point :blink:

• Haha 1

Chip on my shoulder :D:D:D you should look in the mirror as you have been very vocal on how you have been treated by another club and how they do there business.

Thats for you to sort out , but should that not be kept private as i dont see the other club shooting there mouth of on here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

I am also happy for Glasgow to pay what they want its their business and its up to them, no problem; the issue is how they operate outwith the rules and guidelines, I also agree Klindt and Bach were not cheap however Workington were very late in declaring last year as were Newcastle and both clubs ended up paying over the odds due to not being in the initial set up for obtaining riders, furthermore due to being late to the party they had to pay a premium for riders who would not normally attract the remuneration they normally would have, which is another problem. There still aren't enough riders to go round and bringing up two teams will only strengthen the riders bargaining positions, but that's a wholly different kettle of fish. Believe me Workington are not paying over the odds this season, and to be brutally honest they cant afford to, however lets not get away from the fact there is an awful lot of jealousy coming the other way for what Workington achieved last year with what everyone perceived as a crap team...

To be ``Honest``,,,,,i never saw any jealousy really for the fine treble from Workington,only saw alot of congratulations

and im not really sure that is was only last season Workington had to pay over the odds,i can remember trying to Sign Jorgenson a few years ago and couldnt get near what  was offered by the Comets  but again i have no problem with that

over the odds is also a strange one as some clubs have higher ``odds`` than others  !  being a capitalist free market pig myself i have no problem with that!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, montie said:

To be ``Honest``,,,,,i never saw any jealousy really for the fine treble from Workington,only saw alot of congratulations

and im not really sure that is was only last season Workington had to pay over the odds,i can remember trying to Sign Jorgenson a few years ago and couldn't get near what  was offered by the Comets  but again i have no problem with that

over the odds is also a strange one as some clubs have higher ``odds`` than others  !  being a capitalist free market pig myself i have no problem with that!

JCF at Peterborough must love you then, however my Mam always taught me to share and be nice

Paying over the odds just inflates the rate, a reserve at one club on 70 quid a point whist a number 1 at other clubs are on the same rate, its not chips we are dealing with, when there is a potato shortage they put the price of the chips up however next year when there is a glut they don't bring the price back down they just pile more chips on, there isn't a glut of riders unfortunately

Regards
THJ

Just now, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Can I make an offering to a team?

Regards
THJ

Which team are you representing currently THJ?

22 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Paulco there is a process which Glasgow don't seem to; or are incapable of following and we are dealing with Sportsmen on very different terms and conditions than "Bob the Builder" who can walk from site to site plying his trade to get the best offer. I wont go into the ins and outs however its not done in life even at the top levels of employment and you start to deal with the likes of headhunters there are always rules and guidelines that are applied and the other thing to bear in mind these guys are self employed as I am and you do not agree to a contract then renege on it, it costs your more business and you get a certain reputation. 

Manse do you know what a Myth is? no its not someone who is married to a "Myth-ter" if you will pardon my lisp!!! I can assure you all of the Workington riders wages are guaranteed and everyone gets what they are owed. But this headline is always good on a slow news day.

Play fair and follow the rules and guidelines; as no one likes or responds well to bully boy tactics or the nobbling approach, its not the cash; its not what is being paid, the issue is how it is being done and I know people think it is an over reaction to say it is threatening other operations but that's the hard cold truth, this is my first year at this and believe me I am thinking long and hard as to whether I make it my last. I am ringing and texting guys with regards to their assets who I would like to fit into a team under the delusion that we already  have a key rider in the bag only to find a backdoor approach is undermining everything I am trying to achieve which is totally wasting my time and money... So do I take the same approach and ring riders direct go behind the asset owners back or the team he rode for the previous year and make big offers not asking permission of anyone when they have signed agreements with other clubs? No because that just makes me part of the problem as well; not part of the solution. I know I can be a pedantic tool on here at times but that is part of the fun (ask Jenga) however I do have morals and scruples unlike many others

Regards
THJ

First underlined, point 1 - Contracts - Was the contract signed and witnessed? If not, it doesn't stand as a legal contract.

Second underlined, point 2 - Wages - 'Everyone gets what they are owed' - yes, EVENTUALLY. Do you include several months payment terms on you contracts....

37 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

JCF at Peterborough must love you then, however my Mam always taught me to share and be nice

Paying over the odds just inflates the rate, a reserve at one club on 70 quid a point whist a number 1 at other clubs are on the same rate, its not chips we are dealing with, when there is a potato shortage they put the price of the chips up however next year when there is a glut they don't bring the price back down they just pile more chips on, there isn't a glut of riders unfortunately

Regards
THJ

it only inflates the rate if both join in.....hence TJ back then joined the Comets not the might Scorpions!

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Paulco there is a process which Glasgow don't seem to; or are incapable of following and we are dealing with Sportsmen on very different terms and conditions than "Bob the Builder" who can walk from site to site plying his trade to get the best offer. I wont go into the ins and outs however its not done in life even at the top levels of employment and you start to deal with the likes of headhunters there are always rules and guidelines that are applied and the other thing to bear in mind these guys are self employed as I am and you do not agree to a contract then renege on it, it costs your more business and you get a certain reputation. 

No witch hunt and I for one am always pleased when new money and new ideas come into the sport, however having been on the other end of how you "do your business" its wrong and not the way to go about things, maybe its the car salesman mentality that's coming to the fore who knows; however its infuriating when you have to tell another rider who has signed a contract that you can not commit and he is being dropped due to a guy you had an agreement with being poached by another club. Where you have to change the structure of your team building to such an extent where you end up losing two 6.5 point riders (one cut; one nobbled) to having to fit in a 7.5 pointer and a 3.5 pointer which you may say "its still adds to 11 points"; however taking the 3.5 pointer on; means the guy you had on 4 points now moves into the main body of the team to accommodate the change, weakening the team as you built to keep the 4 point guy at reserve. Its not just about the money...

Correct but there is a process to follow, even if a rider rode for you last year the rider can always say at the end of the season I don't want to come back, that's is okay; and the club can say we are building different next year and thanks for this year but we wont be using you, and that's okay too; its when someone has agreed a contract and you have built your team; then along comes "Billy Deep Pockets" and the whole thing the other side has done or is trying to achieve falls apart, its not hard is it to  play fair and follow the guidelines rules or agreed process.

Yep "Glasgow will always do what is best for Glasgow it is there choice" and fair play "Self First; Self Last and if there is owt left Self Again" promoters doing what they want totally selfish to the detriment of everyone else, I am sure I have heard this elsewhere on here, but never mind when you are in a league of one what do you do then when. You need meaningful competition...

You have me with this one Manse "what happened before the P O semi- final might happen again" what did happen? Sorry but you will have to enlighten me

I am also happy for Glasgow to pay what they want its their business and its up to them, no problem; the issue is how they operate outwith the rules and guidelines, I also agree Klindt and Bach were not cheap however Workington were very late in declaring last year as were Newcastle and both clubs ended up paying over the odds due to not being in the initial set up for obtaining riders, furthermore due to being late to the party they had to pay a premium for riders who would not normally attract the remuneration they normally would have, which is another problem. There still aren't enough riders to go round and bringing up two teams will only strengthen the riders bargaining positions, but that's a wholly different kettle of fish. Believe me Workington are not paying over the odds this season, and to be brutally honest they cant afford to, however lets not get away from the fact there is an awful lot of jealousy coming the other way for what Workington achieved last year with what everyone perceived as a crap team...

You want to take that chip off your shoulder  and loose the paranoia Gaz its not healthy, next thing you know you'll be "going down the garden to eat worms"  

Manse do you know what a Myth is? no its not someone who is married to a "Myth-ter" if you will pardon my lisp!!! I can assure you all of the Workington riders wages are guaranteed and everyone gets what they are owed. But this headline is always good on a slow news day.

Play fair and follow the rules and guidelines; as no one likes or responds well to bully boy tactics or the nobbling approach, its not the cash; its not what is being paid, the issue is how it is being done and I know people think it is an over reaction to say it is threatening other operations but that's the hard cold truth, this is my first year at this and believe me I am thinking long and hard as to whether I make it my last. I am ringing and texting guys with regards to their assets who I would like to fit into a team under the delusion that we already  have a key rider in the bag only to find a backdoor approach is undermining everything I am trying to achieve which is totally wasting my time and money... So do I take the same approach and ring riders direct go behind the asset owners back or the team he rode for the previous year and make big offers not asking permission of anyone when they have signed agreements with other clubs? No because that just makes me part of the problem as well; not part of the solution. I know I can be a pedantic tool on here at times but that is part of the fun (ask Jenga) however I do have morals and scruples unlike many others

Regards
THJ

If you don't require the 2 x 6.5 riders who add up to 11 can you pass them onto Berwick.

Sure someone would like that deal.:cheers:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, cheggie said:

First guestimate of next year's team..

1 Wright 7.68 (2.5% red)
3 Kerr 7 (2.5% red)
4 Starke 5.73 (2.5% red)
5 Summers 7.18  
7 Thomas 2.24 (2.5% red)

Not a bad looking team.....I would maybe want to replace James Sargeant with Jordan Stewart though. 

.....but who could be the alleged "poached" rider from Workington?......Rasmus Jensen???.....

7 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Not a bad looking team.....I would maybe want to replace James Sargeant with Jordan Stewart though. 

.....but who could be the alleged "poached" rider from Workington?......Rasmus Jensen???.....

He's the only 6.5pt (6.59) rider Workington have  had it would appear :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, montie said:

it only inflates the rate if both join in.....hence TJ back then joined the Comets not the might Scorpions!

THJ seems to forget when Denham threw  his money about,Topinka,Dolan,Stoney,Kildeman Rymel ect.Just let the clubs get on with it.38 pt limit for everybody averages don’t lie most of the the time.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, cheggie said:

First guestimate of next year's team..

1 Wright 7.68 (2.5% red)
3 Kerr 7 (2.5% red)
4 Starke 5.73 (2.5% red)
5 Summers 7.18  
7 Thomas 2.24 (2.5% red)

I would'nt have Sarjeant on the track staff never mind the team. Send him the same way as Harris.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ragdoll64 said:

Probably nobody and THJ will wake up from his bad dream realising he was having a nightmare and he is really best buddies with all at Glasgow.

Or maybe not :).