British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

22 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Probably nobody and THJ will wake up from his bad dream realising he was having a nightmare and he is really best buddies with all at Glasgow.

Or maybe not :).

Perhaps THJ should spend more time clinching deals rather than posting on the BSF; wouldn't be surprised if worky have lost a second rider in the last few days, not to Glasgow of course B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

THJ. As you said if this is your first year then your still wet behind your ears and you better get used to it riders also approach clubs as well even before the end of the season looking for a spot for the following year this is speedway no one goes by the book every club for themselves ,most promotors have every riders number in there phone and it’s easier to call them We never heard the promotors at Sheffield moan much last year when there agreed number 1 rider went somewhere else and that was not long before the season started 

Edited by mac101
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, MD said:

I would'nt have Sarjeant on the track staff never mind the team. Send him the same way as Harris.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Solidmango said:

Which team are you representing currently THJ?

Anyone who fancies my Micky Mouse guess at what their 7 might be... lol

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sparks123 said:

If you don't require the 2 x 6.5 riders who add up to 11 can you pass them onto Berwick.

Sure someone would like that deal.:cheers:

You wouldn't think I studied to be a maths teacher originally would you!!! how embarrassing Doh!!! ave got me self punch drunk; however the rider I lost was just over 6.5 and the one I had to let down and release after doing a deal was just over 6, however it  has created havoc with what we were trying to achieve.

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

Best k10 workington ever spent . thanks again tiggers .........campo, 2019 comet . ........ he has been outstanding in 2018 . thanks again .Merry Christmas .

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

Best k10 workington ever spent . thanks again tiggers .........campo, 2019 comet . ........ he has been outstanding in 2018 . thanks again .Merry Christmas .

You beat me to it jenga! Nice to see 'loyalty' before £££££'s

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thetruthhonesty said:

First underlined, point 1 - Contracts - Was the contract signed and witnessed? If not, it doesn't stand as a legal contract.

Second underlined, point 2 - Wages - 'Everyone gets what they are owed' - yes, EVENTUALLY. Do you include several months payment terms on you contracts....

First point... Wrong... Most documents and contracts do NOT require a witness for them to be legally valid unless it is something like a will. It is also important to be aware that when agreeing to a written contract, it does not need to be signed by both parties to be legally binding. ... I could provide numerous legal case studies that show even if a contract says it has to be signed to be binding, if it remains unsigned it can still have a legally binding effect.

I worked for a construction company who were sued by a prospective employee who accepted a job on a hand shake. The offer was start on a Monday the pay is xxx the holidays are yyy and the benefits are zzz, all given verbally however the job position was frozen so the guy was stood down, he then sued on the terms he had been offered as a contract that was withdrawn, so you are wrong on that score.

Second point.. correct and every rider I have spoken to has been owed monies, (everyone) it seems standard practice in speedway however the BSPA get involved if payments are withheld for unduly long periods and there has been no query on this score to date. Although again all my company contracts state a pay date so if there is a date or no date in the contract that is something to negotiate is it not. I have clients who pay me on 30, 60 90 and one on 120 day terms which is six month and then we only get it if the paperwork is spot on and are riders employees or individual companies working as a sub-contractor who can self bill, so what is the actual point you are trying to make here, are some people getting paid before they have done a job because if that's the case get me signed up for some of that

Regards
THJ

Morgan confirmed that the club are in talks with a number of riders but one member of last season’s team has had a change of heart about returning.

“We are in talks with quite a few riders and we did almost sign one rider from last season,” she said.

“We had done a deal over the phone but I think I’m right in saying that unfortunately his head’s been turned by another club who seem to be offering very silly money up and down the country to different riders.

“It’s not what this season is about; we’ve all just sat in an AGM hearing about how the aim is to cut costs in the sport and make it more sustainable.

“All they’re doing is putting another nail in the coffin of British speedway.

“The money we were asked for was just ridiculous.

“I’ve heard stories already of five-figure signing-on fees; it’s crazy.”

Quote from https://www.timesandstar.co.uk/sport/17241998.workington-comets-re-sign-mason-campton/ :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

THJ seems to forget when Denham threw  his money about, Topinka, Dolan,Stoney, Kildeman  Rymel ect. Just let the clubs get on with it. 38 pt limit for everybody averages don’t lie most of the the time.

Don't disagree with that at all although I am not sure about Stoney with Kieth, however on the 38 point limit... many are stating it is watering down the product, but the statement that all those top riders would get squeezed out of the championship haven't come to fruition have they, we are still getting all the same guys in the league and the pressure will be on a couple of 2/3 point reserves to perform out of their skin to take the club on to glory, which I find difficult to reconcile.

Finally what I find is galling is the total disregard for any rules or procedures, (and as far as I am aware Denham always played by the rules)  its the first thing most on here scream about if they think there has been any twisting of the regulations and it is total hypocrisy. I have had my moan and will get on with it however I do not think we have heard the last of this in the slightest, but its goodnight from him and its goodnight from me.  

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
missed out key words

55 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Anyone who fancies a Micky Mouse guess at what their 7 might be... lol

Regards
THJ

Zielona Gora?

• Like 1

My guess is its someone who will end up in the same team as an ex comet who has turned his head !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mac101 said:

THJ. As you said if this is your first year then your still wet behind your ears and you better get used to it riders also approach clubs as well even before the end of the season looking for a spot for the following year this is speedway no one goes by the book every club for themselves ,most promoters have every riders number in there phone and it’s easier to call them We never heard the promoters at Sheffield moan much last year when there agreed number 1 rider went somewhere else and that was not long before the season started 

Mac you are spot on and I cant disagree with any of what you say however being in high profile businesses for the last 30 years (most of them were on hills - lol - get it... high profile, never mind I thought it was funny) being in business for many years I have never operated in such a divisive environment and with such a ramshackle way of operating and it is probably borne out in my own frustrations that I am venting my spleen. How the hell the likes of George English, Tony Jackson, John Campbell Alex Harkness Stewart Dickson and all these guys who have been around for years put up with the "crepe" what goes on is starting to astound me and it is a real eye opener that's for sure. So its time to head off for a few bottles of the old "Newckie Brown Ale" to settle the frayed nerves (probably a dozen or so and the worlds largest kebab at the end of the night)

Regards
THJ

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Zielona Gora?

Absolutely brilliant, just read it and you appear to be right on my wavelength, love it... PMSL

I think Zengotta will definitely leave and Ncki Pedersen is a shoe in; However Vaculik could be a tougher nut to crack

Regards
THJ