British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

3 hours ago, MD said:

I wouldn't have Sarjeant on the track staff never mind the team. Send him the same way as Harris.

Well there is always selling the programmes... but you may be disappointed

Regards
THJ

Glasgow are a total joke to British speedway. Pleading poverty in speedway star last week saying this will be there last year unless things change and costs reduce. Then poach a rider who has already agreed a deal with another club, offering silly money in the process.

Well guess what Glasgow promotion, you are creating the problem, not just for yourselfs but also for every other club In British speedway. 

I think rasmus has made the wrong choice and one he could regret. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Midget said:

Glasgow are a total joke to British speedway. Pleading poverty in speedway star last week saying this will be there last year unless things change and costs reduce. Then poach a rider who has already agreed a deal with another club, offering silly money in the process.

Well guess what Glasgow promotion, you are creating the problem, not just for yourselfs but also for every other club In British speedway. 

Ooft. The rage. :o :rofl:

47 minutes ago, Midget said:

I really feel your pain was thinking you should try a really good renovation job, knock down some walls it is always good to release all the anger.

1 hour ago, Midget said:

lastly. CanGlasgow are a total joke to British speedway. Pleading poverty in speedway star last week saying this will be there last year unless things change and costs reduce. Then poach a rider who has already agreed a deal with another club, offering silly money in the process.

Costs have reduced 1] Previous team managers full time  salary 2]The den has closed was making a loss outwith the speedway meetings 3]New safety fence purchased no cost this year 4] Major trackwork completed minimal cost this year 5] Den managers full time  salary think that would come to a fair cost.Please tell me where it says we have signed Rasmus Jensen lastly what are we paying him, we could not agree a deal with Bach  last year but you did funny that 

Edited by MANSE
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Costs have reduced 1] Previous team managers full time  salary 2]The den has closed was making a loss outwith the speedway meetings 3]New safety fence purchased no cost this year 4] Major trackwork completed minimal cost this year 5] Den managers full time  salary think that would come to a fair cost 

Manse I wouldn't bother they have made there mind up we are the Satan of Speedway more to be pitied and even less deserving of an explanation.  

18 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Costs have reduced 1] Previous team managers full time  salary 2]The den has closed was making a loss outwith the speedway meetings 3]New safety fence purchased no cost this year 4] Major trackwork completed minimal cost this year 5] Den managers full time  salary think that would come to a fair cost.Please tell me where it says we have signed Rasmus Jensen lastly what are we paying him, we could not agree a deal with Bach  last year but you did funny that 

Bach is an asset of Worky and he was the last rider signed, total panic buy comes to mind and the club were held over a barrel, also he had been spoilt the previous year with what Glasgow gave him (yep, sad but true) , it was Rene Bach back or run with a 3 or 4 pointer and believe me people do not realise how close that nearly came to happening as Rene said didn't want to race in the UK.

Worky started just over half a point under the build limit at the start of last year with 3 riders who all thought they were Number 1's Rene having the highest average of them all at 7.53 not exactly what you would call a high average for someone who isn't perceived as an out and out No 1 but due to the lateness of Worky declaring to run this meant most riders had their deals sorted, so they got what they could and of course supply and demand came into play, also Rene knocked Glasgow back well before Worky approached him so you are being a bit disingenuous there as he didn't want to ride in this country last year due to work commitments but hey don't let the truth get in the way of trying to explain your promotions actions

Regards
THJ

3 hours ago, jenga said:

Best k10 workington ever spent . thanks again tiggers .........campo, 2019 comet . ........ he has been outstanding in 2018 . thanks again .Merry Christmas .

It was only £7K

3 minutes ago, snapper said:

It was only £7K

Might be worth that now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Bach is an asset of Worky and he was the last rider signed, total panic buy comes to mind and the club were held over a barrel, also he had been spoilt the previous year with what Glasgow gave him (yep, sad but true) , it was Rene Bach back or run with a 3 or 4 pointer and believe me people do not realise how close that nearly came to happening as Rene said didn't want to race in the UK.

Worky started just over half a point under the build limit at the start of last year with 3 riders who all thought they were Number 1's Rene having the highest average of them all at 7.53 not exactly what you would call a high average for someone who isn't perceived as an out and out No 1 but due to the lateness of Worky declaring to run this meant most riders had their deals sorted, so they got what they could and of course supply and demand came into play, also Rene knocked Glasgow back well before Worky approached him so you are being a bit disingenuous there as he didn't want to ride in this country last year due to work commitments but hey don't let the truth get in the way of trying to explain your promotions actions

Regards
THJ

Wrong Glasgow knocked back Bachs  terms

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards
THJ

It is getting tiresome now we get it you don't like the Glasgow promotion.

Now go and tell someone who actually cares.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MANSE said:

Wrong Glasgow knocked back Bachs  terms

Fair enough if that's the case I accept that, but Glasgow had a go at him long before Worky got anywhere near and as he was one of the few riders or last one possibly with a high enough average to to fit.. Worky would have probably had no other option but to accept his terms, (or take a 3/4 point rider on) but it was touch and go that they got him. However you did state in your post "we could not agree a deal with Bach  last year but you did funny that" and negotiating terms is a two way thing and you imply that Worky out-bid Glasgow or somehow met Bach's terms in deference to Glasgow... Glasgow spoke to Rene before the Christmas!!!  Worky were still scratching around late February early March trying to find a 7th team member who ended up being Rene...

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

It is getting tiresome now we get it you don't like the Glasgow promotion.

Now go and tell someone who actually cares.

Hey I don't know the Glasgow promotion so how can I dislike them, I have heard nothing but good about them as people and honestly I don't dislike anyone until they start P1$$ing down my leg and then try to tell me its raining. then I get upset and usually make a "twonk" of myself; however what I don't like is their "modus operandi" and I can have an opinion on that so please respect that just like I respect your incessant (incandescent) defence of something I find fundamentally wrong however that is your opinion and I would fight for the right for you to have that opinion even if I do not agree with it.

So as I am telling someone who purports not to care why do you keep responding, why dignify my posts with a response if you don't care!!! Will I tell you why? because you are passionate about your club and you are trying to defend something that you probably (deep down) think is wrong (and certainly wouldn't like it done to you) however because of your loyalty to you club you bite back...

That's okay but if you don't like the truth stick me on the naughty step and block my posts or ignore or whatever the thing is I will not be offended. But if you do opt for that don't tell me as I will take the "Mickey" and with me on stop you wont see what I am saying and that will eat at you even more, wow I am going round in circles now, need more drink.

Keep a hold on reality, enjoy your speedway be passionate about your club and I do (Honestly) hope this year Glasgow actually win something to get this "monkey off their backs" as spending all this money and still with an empty trophy cabinet; well its getting embarrassing. You couldn't even win the Scottish Cup this year and you were seeded straight into the final ffs... come on a mean...

Actually here is a good idea all the other clubs should chip in and buy Glasgow a Silver Salver and a couple of Cups then they might give up on this incessant (obsessive) chase for silverware and get back to playing the game properly.

Regards
THJ

2 hours ago, MANSE said:

As you say definitely savings to be made from your list,  previous team manager ? I thought he didn’t do this season unless Cami Brown was on full time wages?

Riders will contact Glasgow if they pay better. It is their career after all. Heard their £s per point is one of the best but what attracts riders is the scale of signing on fees. Now apparently staggered payments over the season. 

As mentioned by previous posters Tiggers can do what they want as can other teams BUT riders now quote Glasgow figures to other Clubs who can ill afford their demands.