British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

10 hours ago, mac101 said:

Love how all these post saying they know how much Glasgow pay there riders and what deals they are getting and riders getting silly wages double of what everybody else is paying (bullsh1t) more like chinese whispers starts off at £50/£70 a point and by the time it gets on here it’s trebled and don’t forget their mega signing on fees lol guess they also know how much sponsors give them towards the riders wages 

Honestly

I think if I was to produce the actual pay slips you wouldn't believe it and having been a sponsor for many years now of various riders (even some at Glasgow)  you get to find out what is actually going on, but at the end of the day we are where we are and once the dust settles nothing will come of it, however the hypocrisy is overwhelming and if the roles were reversed there would be just as big an outcry of foul play from the other side without a shadow of doubt. However as sated earlier I do genuinely hope Glasgow win something this year for all they have done to improve facilities and all they have spent (not just on riders) to improve and develop the sport in the area they deserve some reward for their effort. Good Luck in 2019.

Regard
THJ

• Like 3

15 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Absolutely brilliant, just read it and you appear to be right on my wavelength, love it... PMSL

I think Zengotta will definitely leave and Ncki Pedersen is a shoe in; However Vaculik could be a tougher nut to crack

Regards
THJ

They need at least one decent under 21 rider. Both of last season's are now 21 (and they were far from being the strongest under 21 pairing).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

I think if I was to produce the actual pay slips you wouldn't believe it and having been a sponsor for many years now of various riders (even some at Glasgow)  you get to find out what is actually going on, but at the end of the day we are where we are and once the dust settles nothing will come of it, however the hypocrisy is overwhelming and if the roles were reversed there would be just as big an outcry of foul play from the other side without a shadow of doubt. However as sated earlier I do genuinely hope Glasgow win something this year for all they have done to improve facilities and all they have spent (not just on riders) to improve and develop the sport in the area they deserve some reward for their effort. Good Luck in 2019.

Regard
THJ

Yes THJ,  if the roles WERE reversed as you say,  then Workinton would be the club with the larger sum of money to offer riders and would be doing EXACTLY the same.........let's not kid ourselves on that one. 

Lets face it, speedway has always been a ruthless and fickle game.....

Edited by ragdoll64
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I would rather Glasgow still came to the tapes in 2020 than outbid other clubs for riders for 2019 and put the club in jeopardy.

I find it hard to believe the rumours of the money being offered to riders after the statement put out a couple of weeks a go about the losses the club revealed for the last three seasons!   

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Tigerforever said:

I would rather Glasgow still came to the tapes in 2020 than outbid other clubs for riders for 2019 and put the club in jeopardy.

I find it hard to believe the rumours of the money being offered to riders after the statement put out a couple of weeks a go about the losses the club revealed for the last three seasons!   

I said it earlier in this post, if a business spends more out than it brings in, the business will fail.  You are extremely lucky that you have Sugar Daddies in Glasgow, but after their statement it appears they have woken up and smelled the coffee

• Like 4

easy tiger,.... s .

i see your w/site has you starting on the 1/3/2019. 

i thought the season started in April in 2019 ?

17 minutes ago, jenga said:

easy tiger,.... s .

i see your w/site has you starting on the 1/3/2019. 

i thought the season started in April in 2019 ?

Nothing in that other than April being the start of the season, in the past it said 1st of January but we didn't race on New Years Day.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Cupidstunt said:

2019 team what im hearing from 

Cook

Vissing

Sarjeant

Lawlor

Jensen

Starke

Giving the rest of us a chance then..... 

Only a six man team!!! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cupidstunt said:

2019 team what im hearing from 

Cook

Vissing

Sarjeant

Lawlor

Jensen

Starke

so the team will be picked FROM that 6 man team , interesting .

22 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well there is always selling the programmes... but you may be disappointed

Regards
THJ

HEY! Trying to do shazza out of a job! :nono:..........might get your fingers burnt(or other bits) :rolleyes:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Regard
THJ

You're not half as much fun to read when you are sober.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

First point... Wrong... Most documents and contracts do NOT require a witness for them to be legally valid unless it is something like a will. It is also important to be aware that when agreeing to a written contract, it does not need to be signed by both parties to be legally binding. ... I could provide numerous legal case studies that show even if a contract says it has to be signed to be binding, if it remains unsigned it can still have a legally binding effect.

I worked for a construction company who were sued by a prospective employee who accepted a job on a hand shake. The offer was start on a Monday the pay is xxx the holidays are yyy and the benefits are zzz, all given verbally however the job position was frozen so the guy was stood down, he then sued on the terms he had been offered as a contract that was withdrawn, so you are wrong on that score.

Second point.. correct and every rider I have spoken to has been owed monies, (everyone) it seems standard practice in speedway however the BSPA get involved if payments are withheld for unduly long periods and there has been no query on this score to date. Although again all my company contracts state a pay date so if there is a date or no date in the contract that is something to negotiate is it not. I have clients who pay me on 30, 60 90 and one on 120 day terms which is six month and then we only get it if the paperwork is spot on and are riders employees or individual companies working as a sub-contractor who can self bill, so what is the actual point you are trying to make here, are some people getting paid before they have done a job because if that's the case get me signed up for some of that

Regards
THJ

Point one - unfair contract terms and a lack of good faith on behalf of the trader (i.e. the club) may mean that the contract is not legally binding - so shall we say unfair payment terms, or lacking of would constitute a non-legally binding contract. You worked for and may work for whomever...but last time I looked, we were discussing Speedway, not Bob the Builder. 

Good for you, you must speak to a lot of riders then...whomever you are. So you insinuate every rider it seems...there is ambiguity within your statement. However, yes it is standard practice that the rider shall and can approach the BSPA to get involved should there be outstanding payments; and why a club would want to hold payments owing unduly is quite really beyond me. I know of one club whom done this. Absolute disgusting behavior. If there are not specific payment dates in the contract then the company default payment terms would take effect, such terms would be set out in the terms of business. Wonder if your club presents this to the riders...Again, we're not talking Bob the Builder, and whom pays you for whatever under whatever terms are of no interest to me. The point I make is of a factual one - riders would not wish to ride for a club whom have appear to have track record of riders not being paid upon invoicing. More so when a payment date was confirmed (one of many!) yet no sign of cleared funds, nothing but false promises.

Perhaps you should understand the facts first, before issuing false public statements regarding your club/club that you are or may be affiliated to.

Rather than jumping on the keyboard bandit train; people should be focusing more on what they can achieve through offering assistance to their clubs, something as simple as posting on social media rather than jumping to conclusions on a masked identify forum.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, singy13 said:

You're not half as much fun to read when you are sober.

I could think of another word to replace fun :D.

Edited by Gazc
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/22/2018 at 10:37 PM, mac101 said:

Love how all these post saying they know how much Glasgow pay there riders and what deals they are getting and riders getting silly wages double of what everybody else is paying (bullsh1t) more like chinese whispers starts off at £50/£70 a point and by the time it gets on here it’s trebled and don’t forget their mega signing on fees lol guess they also know how much sponsors give them towards the riders wages 

I was told from a reliable source that in 2018 Glasgow had several if not all riders on £??? guaranteed per meeting, therefore all a rider had to do is turn up! I've stated this elsewhere but the best thing about speedway is that riders should be paid by results (per point scored) very simple & the perfect incentive. The Glasgow management are clearly not stupid proven by their other successful business - but speedway wise maybe a little naive. I would suggest they pay a consultation fee to someone like Eric Boocock, Graham Dury or Neil Machine & get the speedway payments team selection sorted out - because they appear to have done a cracking job elsewhere with the track & stadium.