British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

33 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I was told from a reliable source that in 2018 Glasgow had several if not all riders on £??? guaranteed per meeting, therefore all a rider had to do is turn up! I've stated this elsewhere but the best thing about speedway is that riders should be paid by results (per point scored) very simple & the perfect incentive. The Glasgow management are clearly not stupid proven by their other successful business - but speedway wise maybe a little naive. I would suggest they pay a consultation fee to someone like Eric Boocock, Graham Dury or Neil Machine & get the speedway payments team selection sorted out - because they appear to have done a cracking job elsewhere with the track & stadium.    

Your source has been listening to chinese whispers 

• Like 1

According to Cookie , when he joined , he stated he was getting paid for results, so to me I think lessons have been learnt

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

According to Cookie , when he joined , he stated he was getting paid for results, so to me I think lessons have been learnt

is that when he signed in 2018 or for 2019 ?..................  OOPS .

18 minutes ago, jenga said:

is that when he signed in 2018 or for 2019 ?..................  OOPS .

Has he signed for 2019? You seem to be in the know , Jenga, I hope so , love watching him.

On 11/23/2018 at 5:39 PM, thetruthhonesty said:

Point one - unfair contract terms and a lack of good faith on behalf of the trader (i.e. the club) may mean that the contract is not legally binding - so shall we say unfair payment terms, or lacking of would constitute a non-legally binding contract. You worked for and may work for whomever...but last time I looked, we were discussing Speedway, not Bob the Builder. 

Good for you, you must speak to a lot of riders then...whomever you are. So you insinuate every rider it seems...there is ambiguity within your statement. However, yes it is standard practice that the rider shall and can approach the BSPA to get involved should there be outstanding payments; and why a club would want to hold payments owing unduly is quite really beyond me. I know of one club whom done this. Absolute disgusting behavior. If there are not specific payment dates in the contract then the company default payment terms would take effect, such terms would be set out in the terms of business. Wonder if your club presents this to the riders...Again, we're not talking Bob the Builder, and whom pays you for whatever under whatever terms are of no interest to me. The point I make is of a factual one - riders would not wish to ride for a club whom have appear to have track record of riders not being paid upon invoicing. More so when a payment date was confirmed (one of many!) yet no sign of cleared funds, nothing but false promises.

Perhaps you should understand the facts first, before issuing false public statements regarding your club/club that you are or may be affiliated to.

Rather than jumping on the keyboard bandit train; people should be focusing more on what they can achieve through offering assistance to their clubs, something as simple as posting on social media rather than jumping to conclusions on a masked identify forum.

Okay Dickie I will answer this more fully when I am back at my desk Monday/Tuesday as you are talking complete and utter "crepe" and like someone once said "in a few good men" "you cant handle the truth" I will post the tripe I received over a number of texts if you want openness and honestly that isn't a problem. On contract law I can give you chapter and verse and if someone had a British bank account they could then invoice. Writing what you think you are due in a phone then sending a text doesn't constitute an invoice you clown so keep pushing and you will get the truth in spades.... Honestly

Regards

THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Okay Dickie I will answer this more fully when I am back at my desk Monday/Tuesday as you are talking complete and utter "crepe" and like someone once said "in a few good men" "you cant handle the truth" I will post the tripe I received over a number of texts if you want open and honestly that isn't a problem. On contract law I can give you chapter and verse and if someone had a British bank account they could then invoice. Writing what you think you are due in a phone then sending a text doesn't constitute an invoice you clown so keep pushing and you will get the truth in spades.... Honestly

Regards

THJ

Is there any need it is dragging on more than Home & Away if as you say you have texts etc would you not be better to deal with this of the public domain I am not having a pop here just this is not the place to air any dirty linen. If indeed there is any in the first place to be aired.

Most of us are just supporters of our respective clubs and we all post in haste on here sometimes even me . The anti Glasgow feeling on here is partly down to what you post on here and people jumping on the bandwagon, what you post may or may not be true but it is human nature for a collective to believe what they read and build momentum growing in numbers until they say something that often most believe it.

A lot of your post's are informative and amusing but to continue with the Anti Glasgow nature of these posts you are currently drip feeding the hordes, it is getting very tiresome.

You seem like a well educated person surely you must realise that posting about how teams do business good , bad or indifferent that on here is not the place.

I bear no grudges you are doing what you think is right but please deal with this in private. 

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

you are just picking on the wrong guy/gal . many fans back down to you , but i have a feeling this one wont .  

so onwards and upwards as they say .  

responding to gazc by the way .

Edited by jenga
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jenga said:

you are just picking on the wrong guy/gal . many fans back down to you , but i have a feeling this one wont .  

so onwards and upwards as they say .  

responding to gazc by the way .

Well quote me then, you think that post is picking on him read it again, I have had several heated debates I wouldn't call that backing down to me.

I really don't see where you get that notion from, but surely people can see that on here is not the place for private matters even you.

read the last line. i was on about you  backing down , not THJ .. knowledge is power .

anyhow . merry Christmas in advance .

Edited by jenga

Out on the tiles again tonight having a nice Tapas but I am now getting things thrown at me for being on here and being anti social. I hear what you are saying Gaz and you are not wrong I will catch up later and put the whole thing to bed hopefully.... and there is certainly no Anti Glasgow sentiment from me I want all clubs to survive and prosper it just needs to be done right and I am a bit old fashioned in that respect.... 

On a totally different note and sorry to change tack I have just found out Adam Roynon and his better half are having a little girl 16th May... so good luck to them and to his little lad Seb...

An that al be Roynon for the snip... haha... av got two bricks if required...

Regards 

THJ 

• Haha 1

oh, bricks , i thought you said something else .

25 minutes ago, jenga said:

read the last line. i was on about you  backing down , not THJ .. knowledge is power .

anyhow . merry Christmas in advance .

Ah right im backing down from what exactly its a forum not WWE :blink:.

3 minutes ago, jenga said:

okay . a giv inn .

You backing down.