British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

I’m maybe mis interpreting things here and apologies in advance if I am but I can’t help thinking we are always asking for transparency for the fans but when someone goes down that line they are told to take it to a private medium?

we can’t have it both ways.

• Like 4

This place is going into meltdown when we name our team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Gazc said:

This place is going into meltdown when we name our team.

Its all about Glasgow 

• Like 1

Love hearing what certain riders are on per point,plus travel expenses etc from people in the know allegedly.The only people that really know are the rider and the promoter 

But in all honesty Glasgow riders must be on higher money due to the travelling 

Here is two examples of 2 random riders at different clubs this season 

Jason Garrity  -Scunthorpe

Manchester based    2hr drive to home meeting

3hrs at the meeting 

2 hrs drive back to his home 

7 hrs in total ,    Approx 180 miles to and from the meeting

Lewis Kerr    -Glasgow

Kings  Lynn based       6 hrs plus drive to home meeting

3 hrs at the meeting 

6 hrs plus drive back to his home 

15 plus hrs in total    Aprrox  700 miles to and from the meeting

So who should and will be on more money it's obvious due to the times involved ,people usually say there isn't a lot of money in speedway but I'm not having that . These men put there lives on the line for our pleasure of watching this sport  and should be well paid .

As these riders are all self employed ,all usually have a mechanic they get paid what the deserve ,my only worry is there isn't any creative accounting when declaring there tax returns

Lewis Kerr was giving a kitted out race van to use from a sponsor for the season kitted out with bed sink and cooking facilities sometimes that's a deal breaker 

Edited by mac101

40 minutes ago, Paulco said:

I heard from a reliable source that Craig Cook was given his own private Boeing 747 

Lot of good sources going about.

My undercover source told me he saw Craig Cooks payslip and he said it wasnt even in a brown envelope.

Could that be possible, but i believe him.

Edited by Gazc

7 hours ago, Paulco said:

I heard from a reliable source that Craig Cook was given his own private Boeing 747 

Now thats a canny jump from having no clothes and driving around in a transit,,, he should be applauded.

• Haha 1

Whilst the AGM allowed BSPA Ltd to cover their backsides when speedway fails in the UK, I haven’t seen one shred of information regarding improving the ENTERTAINMENT value of the sport. We still have endless delays due to start procedures- gardening , anticipating starts, tractor racing. 

Sloppy presentation is driving fans away from the sport. 

Meanwhile Buster is buying up speedway clubs. He must be mad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Whilst the AGM allowed BSPA Ltd to cover their backsides when speedway fails in the UK, I haven’t seen one shred of information regarding improving the ENTERTAINMENT value of the sport. We still have endless delays due to start procedures- gardening , anticipating starts, tractor racing. 

Sloppy presentation is driving fans away from the sport. 

Meanwhile Buster is buying up speedway clubs. He must be mad.

He probably had to for there to be a top flight 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Paulco said:

Still was having trouble with its set up in GPs .

Old Bob,    Is a two minute clock not being used next year at all tracks ? That will help surely ?  Tractors on track is, or should be, to keep the track in a  raceable condition and stop it deteriorating to quickly, is it not ? 

Edited by Heedthebaw

14 hours ago, Paulco said:

Honestly

This is why people should get their facts right, and how Chinese whispers just escalate things out of hand.. they got him his own Robinson R44 Helicopter to ship him up from Cleator Moor International Airport to the Helipad on the Govan with a Limo Ride to Ashfield over the last 8 miles or twenty minutes or so of the journey, that was the deal breaker...

Regards
THJ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2018 at 8:15 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Okay Dickie I will answer this more fully when I am back at my desk Monday/Tuesday as you are talking complete and utter "crepe" and like someone once said "in a few good men" "you cant handle the truth" I will post the tripe I received over a number of texts if you want openness and honestly that isn't a problem. On contract law I can give you chapter and verse and if someone had a British bank account they could then invoice. Writing what you think you are due in a phone then sending a text doesn't constitute an invoice you clown so keep pushing and you will get the truth in spades.... Honestly

Regards

THJ

Dickie? Clown? Your response reflect nothing short of a breach in the forum rules, it’s rude abusive and offensive. I expected nothing less of course.

Please indulge the forum with said chapter and verse; you seem to believe you are the only one here with a brain, unfortunately for you, I have a lot more cells to the single that you have.

Focus more on your club and paying received invoices on time and in full, rather than playing the big I am clogging up a forum and refusing to accept your pitiful opinions are not those of everyone else. Vicious individuals like that of yourself are destroying what’s left of speedway.

See you trackside 

#lovetouchinganerve 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

This is why people should get their facts right, and how Chinese whispers just escalate things out of hand.. they got him his own Robinson R44 Helicopter to ship him up from Cleator Moor International Airport to the Helipad on the Govan with a Limo Ride to Ashfield over the last 8 miles or twenty minutes or so of the journey, that was the deal breaker...

Regards
THJ

That's short and to the point......for you that is........guess you had a day off work ??

• Haha 1