British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

9 hours ago, jenga said:

still waiting for meltdown  got my zoom ice lolly on standby , ..

Early Day's

15 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

If rumours are true this 1-7 looks weak. 

1. Craig Cook 10.45

2. James Sarjeant 4.05 or Nathan Greaves 3.98

3. Rasmus Jensen 6.59

4. Paul Starke 5.88

5. Claus Vissing 6.94

6. Luke Chessell 2.00

7. Joe Lawlor 2.00

Don’t think much of yours if that’s the side. Reserves look very weak. Cook can only score 15 a meeting (without R/R or TS etc.).

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

If rumours are true this 1-7 looks weak. 

1. Craig Cook 10.45

2. James Sarjeant 4.05 or Nathan Greaves 3.98

3. Rasmus Jensen 6.59

4. Paul Starke 5.88

5. Claus Vissing 6.94

6. Luke Chessell 2.00

7. Joe Lawlor 2.00

The reserves are obviously very weak. Top five is strong. A decent bit of consistency from last year. Should be fine at home, could see a few doings away right enough.

I would not of went for a team with Cookie. Nick Morris or Stevie Worral would of been my choice to give us more strength at the bottom end.  

42 minutes ago, nagy1 said:

The reserves are obviously very weak. Top five is strong. A decent bit of consistency from last year. Should be fine at home, could see a few doings away right enough.

I would not of went for a team with Cookie. Nick Morris or Stevie Worral would of been my choice to give us more strength at the bottom end.  

Any team with Sarjeant in the 1-5 has a weakness. That team would give us three passengers and a top four.

Got to agree about having Steve Worrall at the top of the order rather than Cook, if thats the plan. For the first half of last season we got little from the top or bottom of the team, Cook would solve one of those though a decent No 6 could offer flexibility in any heat and for up to 7 rides which is where we have suffered in recent years.

1 hour ago, MD said:

Any team with Sarjeant in the 1-5 has a weakness. That team would give us three passengers and a top four.

Got to agree about having Steve Worrall at the top of the order rather than Cook, if thats the plan. For the first half of last season we got little from the top or bottom of the team, Cook would solve one of those though a decent No 6 could offer flexibility in any heat and for up to 7 rides which is where we have suffered in recent years.

I thought Sarj would of done well last year, he showed in glimpses at the end of the season what he can do. The gating issue still remains. I am sure riding with Cookie would boost him though.

Fully agree, a decent reserve can make a team. Remember Nick's performances in 2011? Will need to see who other teams snap up at reserve. I would of liked Tom Brennan up here but he is based down south.

Time will tell,  

15 minutes ago, nagy1 said:

I thought Sarj would of done well last year, he showed in glimpses at the end of the season what he can do. The gating issue still remains. I am sure riding with Cookie would boost him though.

Fully agree, a decent reserve can make a team. Remember Nick's performances in 2011? Will need to see who other teams snap up at reserve. I would of liked Tom Brennan up here but he is based down south.

Time will tell,  

I think the problem is that most years the opinion is Sarj will do well and year on year he fails to deliver. In reality he is now blocking up team places that someone else could benefit from.

Brennan is certainly a prospect and couldn't be more nailed on at Eastbourne if Jon Cook was a carpenter. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

Two 2 point reserves is just sheer folly.

Hope to be proved wrong. 

Think Berwick and Workington proved to most Teams last year that 2 pt reserves doesn’t work.The different points limit might make difference this season though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think Berwick and Workington proved to most Teams last year that 2 pt reserves doesn’t work.The different points limit might make difference this season though.

Eh? They had Kyle Bickley (a 2 pointer all season) at reserve and won the treble! Unless I'm reading what you are trying to say wrong?!

• Like 1

Berwick reserves were Gappmaier and Pijper hardly 2 pointers. 

hmmmm . i wonder who  Steve Worrall has just sighed for ? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Eh? They had Kyle Bickley (a 2 pointer all season) at reserve and won the treble! Unless I'm reading what you are trying to say wrong?!

I reacted to the Post that said 2 / 2pt riders is sheer folly.

• Like 1

Surprised at this announcement considering travel apparently was a big problem,  under 6 point average and should go up in a much weaker league,  he’s so much better than that!

• Like 3