British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

52 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I really admire what the present Promotion have done for the sport,but they are sending out some confusing statements regarding finances,on the one hand they are saying they have really good Sponsers financing signing on fees,there crowds look better than most tracks Visited last season yet they are not good enough to prevent financial losses over season,so you would have to question what kind of money they pay riders/ meeting ,every other club must be in serious difficulties.Strange!

Think trying to run the den 7 days a week with 3/4 staff including a full time chef and having a full time stadium manager over a year must have taken up a fair wack of the loss and even on match day they trippled there staff there and everybody was on the books and worked for allied and think that’s why they are wanting volunteers to cover this now they paint the place top to bottom every year since they have been there and are always trying to make things better for the punter it’s just the way they work very professional in everything they do in business, they didn’t get to where they are now without a few hiccups they will get it right eventually but they are learning every year   

Edited by mac101
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Think trying to run the den 7 days a week with 3/4 staff including a full time chef and having a full time stadium manager over a year must have taken up a fair wack of the loss and even on match day they trippled there staff there and everybody was on the books and worked for allied and think that’s why they are wanting volunteers to cover this now they paint the place top to bottom every year since they have been there and are always trying to make things better for the punter it’s just the way they work very professional in everything they do in business, they didn’t get to where they are now without a few hiccups they will get it right eventually but they are learning every year   

Is there a need for the den to be open on non speedway days anyway ? 

22 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Is there a need for the den to be open on non speedway days anyway ? 

It is now closed and only open on match days 

I love that the fans of a club come on hear and accuse Glasgow of stealing riders away from a club by offering more money when what I heard today was that their own club has just done the same to secure the services of a rider for the 2019 season. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, snapper said:

I love that the fans of a club come on hear and accuse Glasgow of stealing riders away from a club by offering more money when what I heard today was that their own club has just done the same to secure the services of a rider for the 2019 season. 

Speedway and double standards , well who'd have thought it haha 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, snapper said:

please tell us more or can you not because it would not be correct T.A. 

16 hours ago, mac101 said:

As Gerry Facenna said in his tv interview it was with a few different sponsors help that they managed to secure some of this years riders so if the sponsor wants to write off some money he is free to do so whether it be vans  rolling chassis Kevlar's engines  which are all given back at the end of the season it’s really up to them 

16 hours ago, mac101 said:

Most of these sponsors can afford to write of that sort of money Glasgow seem to have a good few that are willing to help riders 

How to promote a club 

Don't disagree and I have done the same through my business since 2009... however the Glasgow promotion have stated  they have made 6 figure losses since taking over...  would it not be a good idea for these businesses to support the club first and mitigate those losses rather than give the riders further inducements? after all it's the club who pay the riders wages and without the club there would be no team for the riders to race in or any speedway at all... it doesn't add up in any way shape or form to me!

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word

9 hours ago, snapper said:

You will have to tell me who this is as I have been involved with all the deals done this year and I can guarantee there has been no impropriety as far as I am aware or concerned... so I for one would love the hear what you have heard...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paulco said:

Speedway and double standards , well who'd have thought it haha 

Yeah amazing isn't it - but it's speedway.

The only thing i have against Glasgow is the butchering of the possilpark track in the name of home advantage aftera few years in the PL. Ruined a good track IMO.

• Confused 1

On 12/2/2018 at 8:36 PM, BLACKHEART said:

If rumours are true this 1-7 looks weak. 

1. Craig Cook 10.45

2. James Sarjeant 4.05 or Nathan Greaves 3.98

3. Rasmus Jensen 6.59

4. Paul Starke 5.88

5. Claus Vissing 6.94

6. Luke Chessell 2.00

7. Joe Lawlor 2.00

I’ve been quietly following this thread and love how everyone has a go at guessing the team’s line up. It’s been mentioned that CW was offered a lot of money that stopped him going back to Somerset and on here there’s been a fair bit of guessing it was Glasgow who offered him it so if that’s the case and Ben Barker hasn’t been snapped up yet, here’s my guess which for me is a more balanced team than going for the big hitter in Cook.

Charles Wright 7.88 (7.05 with reduction)

Claus Vissing 6.94

Ben Barker 7.05 (6.87 with reduction)

Rasmus Jensen 6.59

Paul Starke 5.88

Luke Chessell 2.00

Joe Lawlor 2.00

TOTAL 37.33.

Now I don’t know if CW and BB are entitled to a reduction in their average and if they’re not, oh well it was worth a try, just throwing something different out there.

Edited by Tiger63
Spelling

Glasgow Fans...

I can only agree that your promotion have done it right investing huge money into the club which is a rare sight in speedway nowadays ... however on the contary Im not sure that people "hate" Glasgow but im good friends with a unnameable championship and premiership rider and they have told me first hand some under hand tactics clubs carry out not just Glasgow for that matter. But the putridity towards Glasgow has come out becuase leaked information from other clubs has surfaced and paying big bucks for riders whos loyaties may lie elsewhere is also damaging to the sport.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

To be totally honest, how can posters ask people to name names and sources when they won't. :blink::cheers:

Might affect a riders position in the future when possibly looking for a club...

20 hours ago, nagy1 said:

Just out of curiosity, where did the contempt/hatred towards Glasgow come from? Workington fans have been putrid on here towards us. Revelling in a statement that our promoters may not invest their hard earned into the club after next year.  

No hatred from me and I don't believe there are many, if any, who want to see any club go out of business. You are in the enviable position of having people with lots of money behind your team, and your owners and sponsors can spend their cash as they see fit. Particularly as it is unlikely that speedway have the equivalent of football's Financial Fair Play rules, which are currently being used to scrutinise the accounts of the Glasgow Tigers of football.

Unfortunately this and our thread has taken on some of the traits of the Brexit debates, reams and reams of utter tosh interspersed with the odd comment which may be factually correct.

Good luck to you I say, you probably have the best facilities in the Championship and will probably also be watching the best rider in the Championship again this year. Best team? We will just have to wait and see.

• Like 3

Its good to hear that Rangers and Celtic fans do not hurl abuse at each other ....they  get along really nice . no fighting or foul mouths .

we didnt start the fire . Billy Joel ..

• Like 1