British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

6 minutes ago, Tigerforever said:

It is a strange way to build to 38,  Sarjeant was a reserve last season and with two 2 pointers I don’t see him dropping down any time next season, Vissing was in the comfortable middle pairing and will probably be at the much more difficult number 5.

Starke has to have a blinding season and our last signing, Barker or Bjerre would be good but looks like Jensen who can be a hit or a miss

and If at anytime we have to go with RR especially if it’s for  Sarj or Starke god help us.

Good point, and while we are here debating this have these issues even been considered by the decision makers in structuring the team. 

7 minutes ago, MD said:

Good point, and while we are here debating this have these issues even been considered by the decision makers in structuring the team. 

The decision makers weren't trying to work around a Cook to number 1 probably. :rolleyes:

Not a balanced side. I can absolutely see the attraction of having Cook back but given the 38 point limit it doesn't look a sensible move. Reserves are so important and having two 2.00 riders in a side is asking a bit much of them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Not a balanced side. I can absolutely see the attraction of having Cook back but given the 38 point limit it doesn't look a sensible move. Reserves are so important and having two 2.00 riders in a side is asking a bit much of them.

Its asking for trouble when we have struggled with one 2 pointer over the last 2 years.

An injury to your 2nd or 3rd averaged rider and the tail gets even longer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GWC said:

An injury to your 2nd or 3rd averaged rider and the tail gets even longer.

Or an injury to Cook. Guests aren't likely to cover his scoring so you're pretty much forced into two team changes to get the most from the 38.

I can agree with some of the comments on here ,others I'm not to sure about. Agreed cookie is the stand out no1 in the league, but he can not win meetings on his own,I think vissing is going to be a star this year he was probably the most consistent tiger last year and showed real passion and determination. Starkey I think will up his average this year and is a better rider than what has been seen,I remember him having that awful crash at Ashfield for which that was the fastest I have ever seen bomber move off a bike or on to get to his team mate, for which I'm sure affected him when he did come back all to soon in my opinion. Now the condrum that is sarge,yes I agree that sometimes he is frustrating,but the talent is there for everyone to see I'm hoping this year he kicks on and shows what he is capable of, when he is on it no one can touch him. As for the reserve pairing yes I agree with most folk that it is an awfully long tail but before a tyre has turned I will hold my judgement for the time being and will be supporting the lads full throttle.As for the yet unconfirmed signing of jenson I will be honest he only caught my attention late into the season ,the playoffs at Ashfield I think he did ok ,nothing to get bothered about but I was impressed by him at the return leg at Workington for what I seen. Also just a side mention about him when we went to Workington for the first time early on in the season my son enjoys watching the riders in the pits which is pretty easy there and he commented on how a small group of home fans where giving klindt some stick and jenson was the one who stuck up for him by saying if you think you can do better come and have a go,the reason I'm mentioning this is because I think he is a team player and can only be a good addition to any team .

3 hours ago, Gazc said:

At a guess J I think Manse is out to catch a whopper.

what he is going through a drive thru ?

• Haha 1

Think in all probability Cook was signed before we got hit with this ridiculous points limit . No chance of winning anything with two 2 pointers at reserve . Echos of Blackman and Campbell at the start of 2004 . 

I hope i'm wrong , but it looks a bit of a botched team building job . Yes it's nice to have Cook , but he cant win meetings on his own 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tigerforever said:

It is a strange way to build to 38,  Sarjeant was a reserve last season and with two 2 pointers I don’t see him dropping down any time next season, Vissing was in the comfortable middle pairing and will probably be at the much more difficult number 5.

Starke has to have a blinding season and our last signing, Barker or Bjerre would be good but looks like Jensen who can be a hit or a miss

and If at anytime we have to go with RR especially if it’s for  Sarj or Starke god help us.

I am sure we have just over 7pts left for the final rider, so from a numbers point of view - Bjerre or Barker would be a better option? As Jensen would mean we'd have 0.5pts left? Could have swapped any of our signed two pointers to have Jack back?

7 hours ago, Paulco said:

Think in all probability Cook was signed before we got hit with this ridiculous points limit . No chance of winning anything with two 2 pointers at reserve . Echos of Blackman and Campbell at the start of 2004 . 

I hope i'm wrong , but it looks a bit of a botched team building job . Yes it's nice to have Cook , but he cant win meetings on his own 

Sure I read a post earlier it was proposed to be 6 man teams built to 36 at pre meetings to the AGM but at the AGM certain teams decided to vote against  it.Looking at certain teams who have two 2 point reserves had more or less had their team sorted and their only option was another 2 point rider 

1 hour ago, cheggie said:

I am sure we have just over 7pts left for the final rider, so from a numbers point of view - Bjerre or Barker would be a better option? As Jensen would mean we'd have 0.5pts left? Could have swapped any of our signed two pointers to have Jack back?

It was Jack's choice not to return, as far as I'm aware, or I'm sure he would have been considered. 

Can't see us reneging on Jensen at this stage, so we're stuck with a very, very long tail and a hard season ahead I suspect. Some strong teams out there.......

48 minutes ago, Tigerforever said:

Think you could be right there Manse, lesson learned for next year, wait until the AGM is over before signing riders.

you need not worry about next year . there will be plenty of riders available in the N.L. to choose from in 2020 !

Edited by jenga
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Gazc said:

Think we can fill our heat 2 in most weeks before a wheel has been turned = 1.5 at home and 5.1 away.

No disrespect to the young lads but not exactly what is needed, once again we appear to have went down the wrong route in team building only my opinion of course and I would love to be proved wrong but I doubt it.

Thats a bit previous heat 2's are by no means a sure thing.....its entirely possibly that both will fall and/or break down so leave scope to turn the one into a zero :D