British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

4 minutes ago, Marksman said:

I saw Joe Lawlor's post on Facebook about not having a NL team for next season, he won't be the only one forced out of NL racing on the numbers game.

I don't know how some of these lads are going to get better riding in just the championship, they need time on the bike. Not scoring many points and being off the pace isn't going to bode well for their confidence and could well force some riders away from the sport.

I think the better reserves will get plenty of guest bookings for missing or misfiring reserves of other teams.

Edited by Tsunami

10 minutes ago, Marksman said:

I saw Joe Lawlor's post on Facebook about not having a NL team for next season, he won't be the only one forced out of NL racing on the numbers game.

I don't know how some of these lads are going to get better riding in just the championship, they need time on the bike. Not scoring many points and being off the pace isn't going to bode well for their confidence and could well force some riders away from the sport.

Dead right. The stupid decision to lower the points limit in the NL - according to Plymouth's Mark Phillips, completely against the wishes of the clubs - is likely to backfire spectacularly.

Doubling up is a blight on British Speedway but there will be few who will object to a youngster having a place in an NL team and riding for a Championship club, the lower league aiding confidence, the upper league aiding ability. 

Added to that, Championship clubs haven't always had a good record of patience with young British riders. If they get dropped, there's every chance they will leave the sport as they are unable to gain an NL place and will have nowhere to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigerforever said:

The first few they tried?  How many did we try to get before we went for Lawlor and Chessel!!!   Well at least we can’t be accused of offering silly money to get the top NL riders as many on here have spouted.

Not what I have heard. 

The rider in question was offered a staggering amount but apparently  turned it down.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Not what I have heard. 

The rider in question was offered a staggering amount but apparently  turned it down.

Here we go again they were on silly money vans chucked in payed mechanics unless you can do more than you heard it's hearsay 

• Like 4

The more I look at the Glasgow team the more it softens the blow about the sneaky underhand tactic the used to sign rasmus Jensen.

Karma is a bitch an the more I look at the Glasgow team the more it makes me smile. That is not a good team at all, workington proved last season that 2nd strings an more importantly reserves win meetings. 

So all that money splashed out on a signing on fee on Jensen, going against an agreement an a fellow professional teams back an for What? 

Chris Harris being on guaranteed mony every meeting last year proves you can't always buy success, let's face it, he was pretty poor wasn't he. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Here we go again they were on silly money vans chucked in payed mechanics unless you can do more than you heard it's hearsay 

I always thought that anything you heard second hand was hearsay.

My source is usually very reliable indeed and, let's face it, given Glasgow's spending record its entirely believable even if they weren't. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mac101 said:

Head in the sand attitude. How can others like me, Honest John and HalifaxTiger and many others, all know instances of such dealings over a reasonable period of time and not just about this transfer period. It happens, put your earmuffs on, but it still happens. :D

• Haha 1

Why are people on here continuing to perpetuate this bitterness toward Glasgow? Speedway fans in the past have been like a family who can enjoy great banter, but recently this has descended into football-like hatred and is tending to create ill feeling. It's all been covered earlier on this thread but some people can't move on and are resurrecting the same old guff about what they "know" or "have heard" about how Glasgow run their business.  As I said before,  other clubs would similarly splash the cash had they Glasgow's wherewithal. It would be foolish for anyone to think otherwise.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

I think the better reserves will get plenty of guest bookings for missing or misfiring reserves of other teams.

not if they have a higher average they wont .......

2 hours ago, jenga said:

someone had better tell Glasgow the season starts in April in 2019 .

Someone had better tell the Ben Fund organisers then as there starting in March,  oh and Belle Vue in late March to start there season.

27 minutes ago, Tigerforever said:

Someone had better tell the Ben Fund organisers then as there starting in March,  oh and Belle Vue in late March to start there season.

just putting it down on here  , as was typed on the official bspa/gb site . but still sure its April .  ben fund from last year i do believe !

not interested in the posh league, they can start on boxing day for all i care . 

27 minutes ago, Tigerforever said:

No your wrong

ahh well ..  its better being wrong now and again , than being right all the time . 

• Haha 1