British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly Pal are you kidding?

You express deep indignation and outrage at anyone suggesting anything they have heard as rumour on here flippantly dismissing it and going into offensive mode in your responses; demanding evidence and proof of what they say; and what do you know? you are guilty of it even when you have the information provided for you

The hypocrisy of it all is astounding! For your information I have never been associated with any business that has failed, you have  had the information provided for you; and you still make your own version up; you are a complete "Numb Nut" Can you not read? You wanted the information and evidence and you were provided with it!!! and you still get it wrong!!! and make up a statement like "my business never went into LIQUIDATION  like yours" You SCREAM!!!  "I want all the information and detail" and when you get it you act like a  like a Tory Brexiteer and say "oh no!!! err!!! I don't like that information" ("it's rumour" (sic)) I will make something else up on my own and post a defence ("as its lies" (sic)) or dismiss it out of hand making either personal attacks or pulling the "no one loves us everyone hates us" card. Honestly!!!! Sound familiar?

You ask everyone to produce evidence!!! and did so of HalifaxTiger!!! who is a sensible chap with many contacts throughout the sport up and down the country; who is known to talk to all and sundry about Speedway: and again do you honesty think he will share any of the names of the people he talks to with a clown like you!!! and especially as to who and where he gets his information from!!! Lets face it you do not need to be Hercule Poirot or Sherlock Holmes to realise what is going on. You asked HT  "to produce evidence about the large sums we are supposed to be offering EX Workington riders for this coming season"  He doesn't need to provide it really does he as it is already out there!!!

Do you not read the Speedway Star?, (obviously not) do you not believe people on here when the say "Laura Morgan stated in the Speedway Star what was going on"?,  (obviously not) but think about it?   Now I will type this slowly so it has the chance to sink in to that "Snadger" you have for a brain.   The Workington Promoter went public and stated one of her riders was offered a five figure sum to join Glasgow this year, now the smallest five figure sum I can think of is £999:99 pence however we all know that's not the figure now do we Sherlock? no it was £10,000 to come and join Glasgow!!!; (Ten Grand) however she stated he (the rider) stayed loyal to the Comets, and she felt it was making life difficult for other promotions to build a team when these kind of inducements were being offered to riders. However and again!!! do you want all the texts and correspondence verbatim on here? or the actual hard copies? to sate your want for proof, its a forum not a courtroom; and even if you were provided with them you wouldn't believe it anyway.

Your next demand will be "well which riders" Who Who!!! well again Sherlock just sit down and think about it for a minute!! Like eh!!!  You have already signed one Ex Workington rider so it wont be him will it?; and all Workington have retained from last years TREBLE winning team are two riders; and again giving some due respect like HT; I wont name names; however you don't need to be Einstein do you Sherlock to work out who it would be FFS!!! like do you? as you only have two to choose from so take your pick you have a 50% chance of being correct. So HT can stand down I would say!!!! Like eh?

Then you bang on about these inducements and salaries being rubbish as Glasgow are losing £100,000 plus per annum and that's not possible to offer these type of salaries and inducements!!! and that the sign on fees are coming from sponsors!!! which to be fair every one accepts and has no issue with; to a certain extent; however when you are shown the figures from company accounts of what AV are underwriting the Speedway team to the tune of!!! you still cant grasp it; now I accept that the information was in a very crude form and I could argue context from other posters on here who have also looked at the AV accounts and defended certain aspects, however that was not the intention, the point was to show by how much the club is being underwritten by AV!!! and how by the course of action they are taking is skewing the whole Championship.

You try and defend what is being spent and what is being saved by saying "Again re last year losses steps have been taken to address this no full time team manager, new track fence done, track alterations done, no full time Den manager, also den closed out  with speedway and football days which comes to a fair amount" Honestly no one cares about how much you are making; losing; or saving!!! can you not see its the hypocrisy of the whole situation and the damage it is doing to other promotions. This is before we even get to mention the points money and other inducements being offered. But no they don't do that everything is open honest and above board!!! Aye righto!!!

The best bit of course is where you have stated in the past "you do not care about other teams" you don't care how Glasgow operate as long as you are okay" and "you are not bothered if other promotions fold" really show you up for what you are and with a selfish and self centred approach like that are you sure you aren't a Speedway Promoter already. You do come across as an Ostrich who sticks his head in the sand so please do not get aggrieved if someone comes along and pokes a stick up your sphincter.

So there you go Sherlock I would suggest you get your facts right and look at what is being said and digest it before blindly jumping in all indignant and go off half cocked as you will invariably get a response back and if you do not like the content you can always push the "Ignore" button rather than blindly trying to defend the indefensible with demands; threats and mockery that quite frankly is a load of "Old Tosh" (thought about putting something stronger but what's the point) and gets somewhat repetitive!!!  and on the previous years quoted they were for context only as it was "Your Club" promotion/backers remember that posted that it has made six figure losses every year since taking over at Ashfield and yet you are not prepared to accept any rational post from anyone with your deeply delusional arguments

Finally if you do want evidence (Hard Evidence) Detective Chief Inspector Taggart "There hasn't been a murder!" but next time you venture South look me up and I will be quite happy to show you numerous texts to prove the point. (as would Laura I imagine) (in fact I could introduce you to her I am sure you would get on)

It was Colonel Mustard in the library with the candlestick 

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

Regards
THJ

I think you should go and see a doctor, you're clearly not very well. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Your being to polite and he starts with the word  Pal it should be the men with white coats to take him away

15 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Funnily enough av just got back from the RVI in Newcastle after visiting my first Grandchild born at 04.16 this morning. Mother and baby are doing fine and there is nothing a plum like you could say to take the shine off it 

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Your being to polite and he starts with the word  Pal it should be the men with white coats to take him away

Oh and here's the other one...

Just walking on air at the moment Pal

.. so you can go kiss my hoop.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year x

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GlasgowGuy said:

Is it truly so hard to believe that so many 2018 Comets wouldn't want to be 2019 Comets?

look , a post from thj and   NANSE with a confused  thingy . MANSE , the king of confusion !

Edited by jenga
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Some of us were quite pedantic when we made these points about; Colin Horton at Peterborough, Allen Trump and Avtar at Coventry, Alan Philips at Birmingham, Aaron Lanney at Oxford, Brian whathisface and Waggy at Kings Lynn, John Postledick at Reading, Gary Patchett at Swindon, Bengt over the Barmaid at Plymouth and many others who threw fortunes at riders to win a league, there are plenty more who had the egostistical pleasure of owning a Speedway Club.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly Pal are you kidding?

You express deep indignation and outrage at anyone suggesting anything they have heard as rumour on here flippantly dismissing it and going into offensive mode in your responses; demanding evidence and proof of what they say; and what do you know? you are guilty of it even when you have the information provided for you

The hypocrisy of it all is astounding! For your information I have never been associated with any business that has failed, you have  had the information provided for you; and you still make your own version up; you are a complete "Numb Nut" Can you not read? You wanted the information and evidence and you were provided with it!!! and you still get it wrong!!! and make up a statement like "my business never went into LIQUIDATION  like yours" You SCREAM!!!  "I want all the information and detail" and when you get it you act like a  like a Tory Brexiteer and say "oh no!!! err!!! I don't like that information" ("it's rumour" (sic)) I will make something else up on my own and post a defence ("as its lies" (sic)) or dismiss it out of hand making either personal attacks or pulling the "no one loves us everyone hates us" card. Honestly!!!! Sound familiar?

You ask everyone to produce evidence!!! and did so of HalifaxTiger!!! who is a sensible chap with many contacts throughout the sport up and down the country; who is known to talk to all and sundry about Speedway: and again do you honesty think he will share any of the names of the people he talks to with a clown like you!!! and especially as to who and where he gets his information from!!! Lets face it you do not need to be Hercule Poirot or Sherlock Holmes to realise what is going on. You asked HT  "to produce evidence about the large sums we are supposed to be offering EX Workington riders for this coming season"  He doesn't need to provide it really does he as it is already out there!!!

Do you not read the Speedway Star?, (obviously not) do you not believe people on here when the say "Laura Morgan stated in the Speedway Star what was going on"?,  (obviously not) but think about it?   Now I will type this slowly so it has the chance to sink in to that "Snadger" you have for a brain.   The Workington Promoter went public and stated one of her riders was offered a five figure sum to join Glasgow this year, now the smallest five figure sum I can think of is £999:99 pence however we all know that's not the figure now do we Sherlock? no it was £10,000 to come and join Glasgow!!!; (Ten Grand) however she stated he (the rider) stayed loyal to the Comets, and she felt it was making life difficult for other promotions to build a team when these kind of inducements were being offered to riders. However and again!!! do you want all the texts and correspondence verbatim on here? or the actual hard copies? to sate your want for proof, its a forum not a courtroom; and even if you were provided with them you wouldn't believe it anyway.

Your next demand will be "well which riders" Who Who!!! well again Sherlock just sit down and think about it for a minute!! Like eh!!!  You have already signed one Ex Workington rider so it wont be him will it?; and all Workington have retained from last years TREBLE winning team are two riders; and again giving some due respect like HT; I wont name names; however you don't need to be Einstein do you Sherlock to work out who it would be FFS!!! like do you? as you only have two to choose from so take your pick you have a 50% chance of being correct. So HT can stand down I would say!!!! Like eh?

Then you bang on about these inducements and salaries being rubbish as Glasgow are losing £100,000 plus per annum and that's not possible to offer these type of salaries and inducements!!! and that the sign on fees are coming from sponsors!!! which to be fair every one accepts and has no issue with; to a certain extent; however when you are shown the figures from company accounts of what AV are underwriting the Speedway team to the tune of!!! you still cant grasp it; now I accept that the information was in a very crude form and I could argue context from other posters on here who have also looked at the AV accounts and defended certain aspects, however that was not the intention, the point was to show by how much the club is being underwritten by AV!!! and how by the course of action they are taking is skewing the whole Championship.

You try and defend what is being spent and what is being saved by saying "Again re last year losses steps have been taken to address this no full time team manager, new track fence done, track alterations done, no full time Den manager, also den closed out  with speedway and football days which comes to a fair amount" Honestly no one cares about how much you are making; losing; or saving!!! can you not see its the hypocrisy of the whole situation and the damage it is doing to other promotions. This is before we even get to mention the points money and other inducements being offered. But no they don't do that everything is open honest and above board!!! Aye righto!!!

The best bit of course is where you have stated in the past "you do not care about other teams" you don't care how Glasgow operate as long as you are okay" and "you are not bothered if other promotions fold" really show you up for what you are and with a selfish and self centred approach like that are you sure you aren't a Speedway Promoter already. You do come across as an Ostrich who sticks his head in the sand so please do not get aggrieved if someone comes along and pokes a stick up your sphincter.

So there you go Sherlock I would suggest you get your facts right and look at what is being said and digest it before blindly jumping in all indignant and go off half cocked as you will invariably get a response back and if you do not like the content you can always push the "Ignore" button rather than blindly trying to defend the indefensible with demands; threats and mockery that quite frankly is a load of "Old Tosh" (thought about putting something stronger but what's the point) and gets somewhat repetitive!!!  and on the previous years quoted they were for context only as it was "Your Club" promotion/backers remember that posted that it has made six figure losses every year since taking over at Ashfield and yet you are not prepared to accept any rational post from anyone with your deeply delusional arguments

Finally if you do want evidence (Hard Evidence) Detective Chief Inspector Taggart "There hasn't been a murder!" but next time you venture South look me up and I will be quite happy to show you numerous texts to prove the point. (as would Laura I imagine) (in fact I could introduce you to her I am sure you would get on)

It was Colonel Mustard in the library with the candlestick 

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

Regards
THJ

Just like to take you up on the liquidated company part you posted late one evening you were looking after your sick father [hope he is keeping well ] you went on one of your rants about yourself telling us about what you had done and you mentioned about you lost a large amount being involved with ROK which was liquidated in 2010 after losing 3.8 million in 6 months so that's why I picked up on the liquidated bit.the rest I would   not insult myself to reply to 

This debt could potentially be over 200k depending on how you interpret the statement as it quotes "each year we have incurred substantial six figure loss each year" and now poaching riders and signing big names which i would never dispute by the way is only going to magnify there debts.... also doesnt help making pantomime videos pre season.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/13/2018 at 7:51 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Kept them two short as I know you have trouble reading long posts with big words... x

Regards 

THJ 

Congratulations John on your First born Grandchild. Got my second one on Monday so life is great.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, SpeedwayNeutral said:

.... also doesnt help making pantomime videos pre season.

Oh yes it does.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Just like to take you up on the liquidated company part you posted late one evening you were looking after your sick father [hope he is keeping well ] you went on one of your rants about yourself telling us about what you had done and you mentioned about you lost a large amount being involved with ROK which was liquidated in 2010 after losing 3.8 million in 6 months so that's why I picked up on the liquidated bit.the rest I would   not insult myself to reply to 

Honestly not a problem you seem to thrive on the detail...  even if you don't read it properly...  my company worked as a sub contactor to Rok who collapsed... we took a near 600k hit in 2010 which was massive for a 1.2M turnover business... We TUPE'd out 18 of our 43 staff and had to pay off another 11 and it was one of the hardest things I had to do... awful in fact having to make people redundant from a small family run business i started from scratch... but it was down to me that the company come out the other end and survived but it was hard... in fact it nearly happened again when Carillion went down.. we had just completed a contract with them about 6 month prior to them going belly up and we could have been in the same boat again.. so being one of the small players carries high risk when working for the big boys... I have just been shafted by a French company called  ENGIE who have taken/bought my last major contract and I am actually considering selling up and bailing out but the retirement thing scares the B'Jesus out of me. I have never not worked since the age of 16...

So there it is... you got your wires crossed a bit Manse... I am going back to wetting the babies head if that's okay.

Regards 

THJ 

1 hour ago, SpeedwayNeutral said:

This debt could potentially be over 200k depending on how you interpret the statement as it quotes "each year we have incurred substantial six figure loss each year" and now poaching riders and signing big names which i would never dispute by the way is only going to magnify there debts.... also doesnt help making pantomime videos pre season.

So what are you potentially saying you could not be in favour of our video making skills :icon_smile_clown:.

30 minutes ago, nagy1 said:

It sounds like 'Rassers' key to success last season was 'team spirit'. Hopefully he can help carry it on to Glasgow, where it may have been lacking in recent times.