British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

20 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

As it is coming up to Christmas I thought I would share this little chestnut off the Scunthorpe 2019 thread (Page 21) from Gazc where in response to a question posted by "allthegearbutnaeidea" where he asked "Why does every team want Rasmus Jensen?" Glasgow Gaz responded back with...

"Probably appeals as his average is attractive in a watered down league , I would be disappointed if my team signed him.

No dis-respect to him but I have never been impressed any time I saw him albeit he was banging some big scores in towards the end of last season".

Just hope the rest of Christmas isn't such a big disappointment Gazc and signing Rasmus Jensen doesn't spoil your entertainment to much next season, although there is always Hogmanay where you can drown your sorrows, like eh!!!

#teamspirit #PMSL

Regards
THJ

Yes i am slightly underwhelmed by his signing but he has signed so he now gets all our support.

I based my judgement on what i saw at Glasgow, but you guy's are better placed as you saw him every week,so your judgement is better placed, as for team spirit my opinion has nothing to do with team spirit

Team spirit is what they make it.

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

Yes i am slightly underwhelmed by his signing but he has signed so he now gets all our support.

I based my judgement on what i saw at Glasgow, but you guy's are better placed as you saw him every week,so your judgement is better placed, as for team spirit my opinion has nothing to do with team spirit

The thing is you can only judge on what you see, and rightly so. 

From a Workington perspective, Starke and Vissing both guested for the Comets at the end of the season and then rode for Glasgow at DP in the Semi Final and both times no one would of been impressed with them and would probably be disappointed if they were signed for the Comets in 2019. 

So I get where you are coming from, but then I also realise that Vissing for example has a high average around Ashfield, so must be well suited there, it certainly is 'horses for courses' with speedway.

17 hours ago, Gazc said:

So what are you potentially saying you could not be in favour of our video making skills :icon_smile_clown:.

Put it this way Gaz...you won't need any room for a BAFTA in that empty trophy cabinet of yours :P 

Mind you , you could always get them to make another video with Manse, Solidmango and Sharpenrake ...now that would get a bloody Oscar :rofl:

8 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Put it this way Gaz...you won't need any room for a BAFTA in that empty trophy cabinet of yours :P 

Mind you , you could always get them to make another video with Manse, Solidmango and Sharpenrake ...now that would get a bloody Oscar :rofl:

Now now it is the season of goodwill and all that p*sh.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2018 at 10:12 AM, Gazc said:

Looking at your team you have a lot more to worry about than rasmus Jensen. 

Particularly sarjent, starke an them two reserves. 

It is what it is, I don't agree with how Glasgow went about the way they did to get Jensen, but he's there now an has 10k in his back pocket. 

One with about rasser is he won't take any crap or pressure from the Glasgow promotion when things ain't going there way. 

Could of been worse for workington with Glasgow trying the same dirty tricks with Bickley, luckily young Kyle was a lot more loyal than rasmus, and stuck to the agreement wich had been shaken on. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Midget said:

It is what it is, I don't agree with how Glasgow went about the way they did to get Jensen, but he's there now an has 10k in his back pocket. 

One with about rasser is he won't take any crap or pressure from the Glasgow promotion when things ain't going there way. 

Could of been worse for workington with Glasgow trying the same dirty tricks with Bickley, luckily young Kyle was a lot more loyal than rasmus, and stuck to the agreement wich had been shaken on. 

Why would I have more to worry me than Jensen ? I was expressing my opinion I haven't been overly impressed anytime I saw him ride , Jeez express your OPINION and the dregs come out the woodwork having another sly dig. 

I really for the life of me don't understand your point in any part of that rambling crap, it appears to me you think you are in the know but deep down you know jack s*it.

Tell me shorty are you another bitter one on the subject of Jensen leaving. 

2 hours ago, Midget said:

Ha ha maybe you should ask Kyle about last winter 

• Like 3

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:50 AM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

As it is coming up to Christmas I thought I would share this little chestnut off the Scunthorpe 2019 thread (Page 21) from Gazc where in response to a question posted by "allthegearbutnaeidea" where he asked "Why does every team want Rasmus Jensen?" Glasgow Gaz responded back with...

"Probably appeals as his average is attractive in a watered down league , I would be disappointed if my team signed him.

No dis-respect to him but I have never been impressed any time I saw him albeit he was banging some big scores in towards the end of last season".

Just hope the rest of Christmas isn't such a big disappointment Gazc and signing Rasmus Jensen doesn't spoil your entertainment to much next season, although there is always Hogmanay where you can drown your sorrows, like eh!!!

#teamspirit #PMSL

Regards
THJ

Not forgetting the following 5 or 6 posts between WorkyWorky & Gazc with a post "I'd rather have Sarg" :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Not forgetting the following 5 or 6 posts between WorkyWorky & Gazc with a post "I'd rather have Sarg" :lol:

Honestly 

With it being Christmas I was tempted to stick down all those chestnuts just to get with the spirit of the season. However I would have got slated for an overtly long post. However well spotted IS... and as Nat King Cole once sang...

LYRICS

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire
Cami Brown nipping at your nose
Yule-tide carols being sung by a choir
And folks dressed up like Eskimos (because it's Glasgow)

Everybody knows a turkey like James Sarjeant and some poor 2 point reserves.
Help to make the season bright
Tiny Jocks with their eyes all aglow Some jealous with all the money the Tigers spend 
Some Comets will find it hard to sleep tonight

They know that the Facena's are on their way
Loaded with lots of toys and goodies on their Gravy Train
And every Glasgow Fan is gonna spy
To see if Rasmus really knows how to fly

And so I'm offering this simple phrase
To Speedway fans from one to ninety-two
Although it's been said many times, many ways
No matter how much Glasgow spend they still won't take a pot home to view.

To kids from one to ninety-two
Merry Christmas to you

Just in case you want to join in...

The lyrics above fit just as well...

All the best...

Regards

THJ

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

With it being Christmas I was tempted to stick down all those chestnuts just to get with the spirit of the season. However I would have got slated for an overtly long post. However well spotted IS... and as Nat King Cole once sang...

LYRICS

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire
Cami Brown nipping at your nose
Yule-tide carols being sung by a choir
And folks dressed up like Eskimos (because it's Glasgow)

Everybody knows a turkey like James Sarjeant and some poor 2 point reserves.
Help to make the season bright
Tiny Jocks with their eyes all aglow Some jealous with all the money the Tigers spend 
Some Comets will find it hard to sleep tonight

They know that the Facena's are on their way
Loaded with lots of toys and goodies on their Gravy Train
And every Glasgow Fan is gonna spy
To see if Rasmus really knows how to fly

To Speedway fans from one to ninety-two
No matter how much Glasgow spend they still won't take a pot home to view.

To kids from one to ninety-two
Merry Christmas to you

Just in case you want to join in...

The lyrics above fit just as well...

All the best...

Regards

THJ

I take it the doctor gave you the all clear, I'm pleased, honestly 

• Haha 3

It's Christmas man cheer up... just watching a thing on telly now called The Glasweegian I think it's a documentary about Weegies... Oops hang on am being told it's called The Grinch...

My bad...

However if the cap fits...

Regards 

THJ 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

It's Christmas man cheer up... just watching a thing on telly now called The Glasweegian I think it's a documentary about Weegies... Oops hang on am being told it's called The Grinch...

My bad...

However if the cap fits...

Regards 

THJ 

That's a coincidence I've been watching an old movie 'Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde'. Honestly  reminds me of someone on here :lol: Either that or  two people (good cop :drink:, bad cop :mad:) using the same account 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

That's a coincidence I've been watching an old movie 'Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde'. Honestly  reminds me of someone on here :lol: Either that or  two people (good cop :drink:, bad cop :mad:) using the same account 

Aye av missed Jenga as well...

Wonder where he's at?

Definitely a quieter place without him...

Which Jekyll and Hyde was it? The Spencer Tracy one? Remember it frightened the B'Jesus out of me when I was a kid... it's good for a laugh now though...

You also get some good quotes from him as well...

"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm".

Pure class and of course written by a fellow Scot Robert Louis Stevenson who would have been a Monarch fan I presume with him coming from Edinburgh

You could do with taking some of his advice....

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

15 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Aye av missed Jenga as well...

Wonder where he's at?

Definitely a quieter place without him...

Which Jekyll and Hyde was it? The Spencer Tracy one? Remember it frightened the B'Jesus out of me when I was a kid... it's good for a laugh now though...

You also get some good quotes from him as well...

"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm".

Pure class and of course written by a fellow Scot Robert Louis Stevenson who would have been a Monarch fan I presume with him coming from Edinburgh

You could do with taking some of his advice....

Regards 

THJ 

Honestly? If I had meant Jenga I would have said 'daft cop :icon_smile_clown: and no bad cop :drink:'

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Haha 2

With the full team now announced, I am guessing that riding order will be something like this....

1. Cook

2. Sarjeant

3. Jensen

4. Starke

5. Vissing

6. Chessell

7. Lawlor

Got some scope to change around the middle three, depending on track and who is on form. And is it still a case of being able to interchange the reserves, again, depending who hits the ground running the quickest? Hopefully James can kick on again riding with Craig at no.2 as well :)