British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

27 minutes ago, cheggie said:

With the full team now announced, I am guessing that riding order will be something like this....

1. Cook

2. Sarjeant

3. Jensen

4. Starke

5. Vissing

6. Chessell

7. Lawlor

Got some scope to change around the middle three, depending on track and who is on form. And is it still a case of being able to interchange the reserves, again, depending who hits the ground running the quickest? Hopefully James can kick on again riding with Craig at no.2 as well :)

The scope to make changes mid season won't be there though IMO. With the higher averaged riders like Morris and Lawson pushed out of our league, I would expect Cook's average to go up. Should Cook get injured it will be an even bigger issue trying to cover for him. Around a decade ago we were in the same position when the points limit was reduced we stuck with Parker on around 9 and the next averaged rider was Leverington on 6.5. When we regularly couldn't get guests on a Sunday it was r/r with Leverington then the highest averaged rider. It didn't make good viewing!!

i thought lawson and morris were eastie bound ?

On 12/13/2018 at 5:36 PM, jenga said:

hi , you need to do some homework on the ones that are not in the team in 2019 .or should i spell it out for you ? nicolai is only doing prem . rene is going to be a dad in march/april , dan has too many commitments to do championship u19/u21, poland etc rasser would have been in the team but got dragged away by the wedge (£).  ty move to sheff because he drove himself to workington ,rode the meeting and then drove back all on his own . very demanding and tiring . 

the same can be said for the Glasgowriders notwanting to return or were not wanted . 

if the points level was the same. and one one had other plans . the comets could have used the same team as 2018 .

If the points level was the same you couldn't have the same team for the reasons you pointed out. As you appear to [ike to point out peoples spelling mistakes could you explain "one one"? :blink:

On 12/13/2018 at 7:26 PM, SharpenRake said:

I think you should go and see a doctor, you're clearly not very well. 

Verbal diarrhoea? :approve:

2 hours ago, tyretrax said:

If the points level was the same you couldn't have the same team for the reasons you pointed out. As you appear to [ike to point out peoples spelling mistakes could you explain "one one"? :blink:

i can explain the one one . use your nogging and come up with something like a typo error . 

2 hours ago, tyretrax said:

its just what was mentioned by our resident guru .. THJ . he knows ya know !

I see that we are rated as finishing in bottom 4 of the league by others, I reckon if we are heading that way then changes will be made, yes we appear to have a long tail but a lot depends on how the 2 pointers adapt to championship racing, obviously Drew Kemp is not a true 2 pointer and will add at least another 2 to his average, but some of the other reserves will be be facing the same challenges as the Glasgow ones, it will be an interesting season for sure. I hope that all teams get through without too many injuries and the fans attend in decent numbers at their respective tracks. My prediction is that Sheffield will be the team to beat

Edited by dorothy58

22 hours ago, jenga said:

i can explain the one one . use your nogging and come up with something like a typo error . 

Try the edit facility.

11 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Try the edit facility.

only if you try being a proper human being and take it like a fan ..  anyhow nappy new yeer and all the best in your quest for the wooden spoon !

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, jenga said:

only if you try being a proper human being and take it like a fan ..  anyhow nappy new yeer and all the best in your quest for the wooden spoon !

Better to be a fan than a fann! Better?

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 1

thank you for adding your twist to my post . the final sentence was  welcoming and honestly . is that the best you can do ? r must have a wee go at altering your posts sometime . 

or is that a typo error and you forgot to put in in the proper place ? you could always edit it ..

• Haha 1

Honestly 

All a bit quiet on here....

So how about a prediction...

Glasgow will be the first team to announce a change of personell in 2019 and I hazard a guess that it will be before the season starts....

Regards 

THJ 

54 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

Glasgow will be the first team to announce a change of personell in 2019 and I hazard a guess that it will be before the season starts....

Regards 

THJ 

enter Marcel Marceau , Stan Laurel  and Ollie Hardy   .

is Bomber coming Bach ? or maybe Hancook ?

Cami through the exit door .! ! !  

Edited by jenga

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

Regards 

THJ 

Well,,, lets hope so for their fans. The present team looks poor, Cook aside,,, the rest of the 1 to 5 have all hit their level, so its a big ask of the 2 reserves to improve that much.

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

Regards 

THJ 

Think worky will have a bigger announcement before the season starts ;-)

Edited by mac101
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2