British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

On 1/12/2019 at 6:06 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

All a bit quiet on here....

So how about a prediction...

Glasgow will be the first team to announce a change of personell in 2019 and I hazard a guess that it will be before the season starts....

Regards 

THJ 

I see now where that statement is coming from, really gutted for Comets fans and riders alike

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tigerforever said:

At the expense of who?   We have all our team!

S Worrall for Cook would save up 2 points to bolster the bottom end and get rid of Sarjeant.

1 hour ago, Tigerforever said:

At the expense of who?   We have all our team!

One of the reserves already signed, not really difficult to work out is it. Doesn’t mean you can’t change it. Already tried to get him before he put pen to paper for Workington.

• Like 1

Well , I will be disappointed if we make team changes due to the demise of the Comets, it would be a tad unfair to the riders already signed, and I don't care if we have a long tail, we should give them a chance to see what they can do. It can be a cruel sport and I feel for the comets riders that have been let down

Definitely a hard decision. One side feels tough on any rider already signed whilst the other i don't like the idea of a more talented rider with a bigger future left without a team place.  Im guessing whoever may be replaced will have profiteered from the signing on fee already (much like most of the Worky riders will have done also).

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

One of the reserves already signed, not really difficult to work out is it. Doesn’t mean you can’t change it. Already tried to get him before he put pen to paper for Workington.

Think they will stick with who they have 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mac101 said:

Think they will stick with who they have 

For how long? 

The next week /month/2 months /3 months? 

Not likely to be longer. 

look after the wee guy , give him time .

2 minutes ago, H20 said:

When will Glasgow announce Bickley in there team ????

Won't be long.

about the same time they move cook and sarjeant on and replace them with BWD and mason i would think 

Kyle will be there for sure I bet  

And no way they will get rid of cook 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

Well , I will be disappointed if we make team changes due to the demise of the Comets, it would be a tad unfair to the riders already signed, and I don't care if we have a long tail, we should give them a chance to see what they can do. It can be a cruel sport and I feel for the comets riders that have been let down

Tend to agree with you Dorothy but Bickley has a lot of promise and potential. Unfair on any rider signed for a team who hasn’t turned a wheel yet and not able to find a team in this division. Think any team would think the same which still doesn’t make it morally correct. A lot of teams in this division with a long tail.

• Like 2