British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

22 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Cookie would not have be that stupid and bet the 400 customers  that were evacuated at 2 in the morning and had to wait for 2 hours outside we’re not happy about it either more to it than meets the eye 

An that shows what you actually know about Craig Cook, cookies past is anything but quite let me tell you. 

They had Bickley lined up all along, wake up an smell the coffee

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Midget said:

An that shows what you actually know about Craig Cook, cookies past is anything but quite let me tell you. 

They had Bickley lined up all along, wake up an smell the coffee

Yes If we were talking about the past  but we are talking about the present day if he had not done what he did he would still be there 

• Like 1

Sad that a club director has to go to this length to dispel all the crap posted about Glashow Tigers. Time to move on nothing more to be seen here 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, snapper said:

Sad that a club director has to go to this length to dispel all the crap posted about Glashow Tigers. Time to move on nothing more to be seen here 

Yep but it will still go right over the heads of the haters on here, infact i would hazard a guess that they won't believe a word of the actual truth and continue to peddle there shi*e.

If it wasn't so pathetic you would struggle to get why they dislike the club so much.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gazc said:

Everyone is entitled to form an opinion on the events.

Most of it will be way out but bottom line is it wont change anything , and we really dont care what people say or think about Glasgow simple as that. 

Hahahaha. Glasgow are the most precious club going and always moaning about others being anti Weej. As a collective you very much do care. 

5 minutes ago, snapper said:

He shouldn't have felt that he needed to, for what is in reality 20 - 30 nobodies on the internet. The anti Glasgow rhetoric on here particularly from Cumbria is overwhelming at times, i hope they find a new interest soon rather than continually post their fits of petulance towards GLA.

So its welcome to KB, seven weeks to go until our first meeting. Another good season in prospect. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Hahahaha. Glasgow are the most precious club going and always moaning about others being anti Weej. As a collective you very much do care. 

Couldn't give a s*it personally so barking up the wrong tree once again.

And tell me what fact's are you basing this assumption on if you care to enlighten us all.

Who is it you support again I have forgot.

well done Peter Facenna . i have to say that is a sensible post from him and squashes all the rumours .   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Couldn't give a s*it personally so barking up the wrong tree once again.

And tell me what fact's are you basing this assumption on if you care to enlighten us all.

Who is it you support again I have forgot.

Christ, not sure where to start with this one. Google translate maybe. 

Just now, JanAndersen said:

Christ, not sure where to start with this one. Google translate maybe. 

Burning some spoons tonight let me translate for you we couldn't give a sh*t that plain enough for you.

You really should lay of the drugs.

3 hours ago, cornhillroundabout said:

mmmmmm well named flash the cash tigers at it again

Would you like some assistance taking your foot out of your mouth , maybe you should wait until you are in full possession of the facts before commenting 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solidmango said:

Direct from Peter Facenna on Facebook, no need to apologise Midget, blobby etc. 

I don’t usually respond to comments on social media, however on this occasion due to some of the comments that I have read above and that are being made elsewhere, I feel I must.  The reason I am choosing to comment here and not release a further statement through official club channels, is that the events that unfolded in the early hours of Friday morning are not going to help us attract new fans to our sport and are likely to be of little interest to anyone who is not already a speedway fan.

I had very much hoped that I wouldn’t have had to go into detail about the events that unfolded, mainly to spare Joe the indignity and give him a chance to seek out another opportunity, however as he has chosen to not tell the full story and instead go out of his way to criticize the club, Joe is no longer my concern.  

Below are the facts, which are not based on hearsay and have not been embellished.  

The reason why we choose to base ourselves at the Village Hotel in Glasgow during our pre-season training camp, is that our health and fitness expert, Ray Watts, and his business, Pegasus Training, are based there.  Ray is a volunteer at the speedway as well as a personal friend.  

Our camp started off well on Thursday with a tough fitness test session in the gym, followed by a chat around what it meant to ride for the Tigers, what we are all about as a club, and what we expect from the boys on and off track, based on the fact that they are not only representing Glasgow Tigers, but are also representing Allied Vehicles Group, a substantial employer and well known business in Glasgow.  After going out for a meal together and having some fun ten-pin bowling, I dropped the boys off at the hotel at about 21:00.

Having come home and gone to bed, I was woken at 00:37 by a call from one of our riders, who proceeded to tell me that after he had returned to his room from the Bar, Joe had set the fire alarm off, that the entire hotel had been evacuated, and that the fire brigade were on site.  Furthermore, because Joe had been arguing with hotel staff, including the manager, as well as arguing with the Chief Fire Officer (all whilst wearing his Glasgow Tigers/Allied Vehicles jacket), he had been barred from returning to the hotel.  

Joe had told the other riders that he had no money to go anywhere else, so I contacted Paul and asked if he could make sure that Joe had somewhere to stay and that whatever it cost, I would give him it back the next morning.  Unfortunately, a lot of the nearby hotels were full, so James and Paul had to walk a mile and a half with Joe until they found a hotel that had a room available.  The hotel was the Radisson Blu and the room cost £131, which Paul paid and which I paid Paul back on Friday morning.  

On the Thursday afternoon due to Ray’s relationship with the hotel, we were afforded a great welcome and were provided with a meeting room and a function room that we were able to set up a studio in, all without charge.   

When I arrived at the hotel early Friday morning, I met Ray and apologised profusely for the embarrassment that Joe’s actions must have caused him.  Ray and I then sought out the Manager of the hotel so that I could apologise in person.  During my conversation with the Manager, who was very understanding and praised the other riders for their behaviour during the incident, he informed me that Joe had shown no remorse for his actions and had created a scene with his staff and the fire fighters.  He also told me that had this not been the case, Joe would have been allowed back into the hotel.  

I informed Joe on Friday morning that he had caused reputational damage to me, to Glasgow Tigers and Allied Vehicles, and to Ray, who had gone out of his way to ensure that we were well looked after by the hotel.  I then informed Joe that on the back of this misdemeanour, he would no longer be riding for the Tigers.  I suggested to Joe that he could try to change his train ticket so that he could get home, however he informed me that his dad was coming to collect him.  It’s been reported that Joe was ‘left stranded’ in Glasgow on Friday, however had Joe informed me that he wasn’t able to change his train ticket and that his dad couldn’t come and collect him until much later, I would have arranged another train ticket for him, despite the hassle that he’d given me that morning.  I also offered to get the items he had left in his room dropped off at his house next week. 

As for the comments stating that we simply dropped Joe for Kyle and that this was always planned, I can assure you that this is not the case.  Kyle did get in touch when he lost his ride at Workington but was firmly told that we already had our team and that we didn’t have a space for him.  If making this team change was always planned, we would have done this weeks ago, before going to the expense of bringing Joe up to the training camp, kitting him out in all our team wear, buying a set of hiking boots for him, and ordering Kevlars for him, which thankfully haven’t been produced yet.  

The bottom line is that if Joe hadn’t acted the way he did on Thursday night/Friday morning, he would still be a Tiger and would be joining us at the Supporters’ Group event tonight.  

Joe is a character and applied himself well during our initial gym sessions, however the club and its main sponsor cannot tolerate our reputation being damaged in the way it was, especially after a conversation only a few hours earlier about how professional we wish our club to be and about how our riders are representing Allied Vehicles as well as Glasgow Tigers. 

It’s a shame it has not worked out for Joe with us, but I wish him well for the future. 

Out with this incident, our training camp has been a great success, and I look forward to the Supporters’ Group event this evening, where fans will get to meet our 2019 team.

This is the last statement I or the club will be making on the matter.

But had kyle not been free would u still have sacked joe?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Went rather quiet on this thread for some reason lol,  I bet half of the people who had a go at the club don’t post an apology or even comment on the statement from Mr Facenna .

fact,  people love to moan lol

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tigerforever said:

Went rather quiet on this thread for some reason lol,  I bet half of the people who had a go at the club don’t post an apology or even comment on the statement from Mr Facenna .

fact,  people love to moan lol

Surely not on this forum?

Don't you just hate it when the truth comes out?

Rumours, half-truths, fake news and Chinese whispers are far more fun.

• Like 1