British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

18 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

But had kyle not been free would u still have sacked joe?

That is irrelevant though Kyle wasn't signed as Joe was still in situ. 

It was only after the incident that the ball would have been set in motion, so I would hazard a guess and say yes he would still have been relieved of his position regardless.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

That is irrelevant though Kyle wasn't signed as Joe was still in situ. 

It was only after the incident that the ball would have been set in motion, so I would hazard a guess and say yes he would still have been relieved of his position regardless.

Am off to mexico soon can i borrow your rose tinted specs please.

27 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

Would you like some assistance taking your foot out of your mouth , maybe you should wait until you are in full possession of the facts before commenting 

thanks for another bite  at  me  lollollol

12 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Am off to mexico soon can i borrow your rose tinted specs please.

Certainly, to be fair most is just speculation on here the statement has shed more light on things whether it had just accelerated things regarding Kyle possibly it did who knows but it is done now and Kyle is now signed.

Edited by Gazc

Now that the full story has come out , i must apologize for my initial reaction which was arrived at due to my cynical attitude I have about speedway these says . 

The whole thing is unfortunate , Joe is a teenager and teenagers are not the most predictable of individuals and i hope he learns from this big mistake he has made . 

But i feel the news could have been announced better by my club . The unforseen circumstances bollocks that was trotted out only served to fuel the belief that Kyle Bickley was always going to replace one of the reserves once Workington shut . 

Hope this is the last unsavoury incident we have to deal with and we can now settle down to enjoy the coming season . 

• Like 9

I wish kyle all the best seems like only yesterday he was running round the first bend at derwentpark playing being a rider, would there have been this fuss if he had gone anywhere else ? I dought it that us why it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth .

24 minutes ago, cornhillroundabout said:

thanks for another bite  at  me  lollollol

I always like to help those who are less fortunate than myself 

43 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

I always like to help those who are less fortunate than myself 

mmmmmmmm thanks lollollol

5 minutes ago, cornhillroundabout said:

mmmmmmmm thanks lollollol

Cant you keep your crap to the Berwick threads, the good people of BSF deserve better and should be spared your nonsense. 

• Like 1

Paulco interested in how you would have pitched the initial Facebook post in order to avoid accusations of

A. Saying to much? 

Or 

B. Not saying enough? 

Edited by Fingersfin
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, screm said:

Cant you keep your crap to the Berwick threads, the good people of BSF deserve better and should be spared your nonsense. 

nowt to do with you pal

So I hope now that people are not so quick to jump to the wrong conclusions. I commented earlier on the BSF, and stated that the club was under no obligation to tell anybody what had happened, and praised them for not telling people what happened as in many cases it doesn't do any good to the rider concerned in getting another ride in the near future. But some riders try to use occasions to get their story over and get revenge, and in this case it is a great example why everyone should keep their thoughts to themselves and shut their mouths. Because of Joe trying to blacken the name and reputation of the club, due to his own immature action and telling lies, the promotion has correctly had to tell everyone what really happened, and everyone should come to the conclusion that that will not do the reputation of  Joe any good in trying to get a ride in future, and may have stopped some from giving him any bookings. If it does happen, well we know it's not Glasgows fault, and Joe might have to learn how to behave in future.  One thing is for sure, Kyle Bickley is not involved in this in any way, and I hope he wows the Glasgow crowd and makes some good progress with them.

I remember seeing Joe at Northside probably about 7 years ago on his little Janshi 80cc blasting it out with bigger lads and better bikes, and thought he could go far. This instance will not help that progress. :angry:

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Tigerforever said:

Went rather quiet on this thread for some reason lol,  I bet half of the people who had a go at the club don’t post an apology or even comment on the statement from Mr Facenna .

fact,  people love to moan lol

i posted .

Would Joe Lawlor have been sacked if there was not a rider of Bickley’s potential available?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fingersfin said:

Paulco interested in how you would have pitched the initial Facebook post in order to avoid accusations of

A. Saying to much? 

Or 

B. Not saying enough? 

Maybe along the lines of due to a breach of club discipline it is regrettable we have had to dispense with the services of Joe Lawler.  The club have moved swiftly to gain the signing of Kyle Bickley as his replacement . 

I understand the club not wishing to air it's dirty washing in public , but likewise being vague with it's statement fuelled the ability to jump to the wrong conclusions 

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 4