British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

3 hours ago, Byker Biker said:

To be fair Geoff, Kyle has battered them for a job since the Worky announcement but that should have put the Glasgow reserves on their best behaviour, changes have been made on the eve of the season many times before.

err ,didnt Kyle turn down Glasgow and signed for workington in 2019  because he wanted to reward the club for sticking with him in his debut season. ?   not a good start to 2018 for him , but the club stayed loyal to Kyle and he came into form for the play off and other finals . . beating some high end riders into the bargain as well ....  even the son of god !

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, jenga said:

err ,didnt Kyle turn down Glasgow and signed for workington in 2019  because he wanted to reward the club for sticking with him in his debut season. ?   not a good start to 2018 for him , but the club stayed loyal to Kyle and he came into form for the play off and other finals . . beating some high end riders into the bargain as well ....  even the son of god !

Who Jesus didnt know he rode speedway J.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jenga said:

As Kyle said last night at the Tigers Supporters meeting - it was his plan to spend two years at Workington, one to develop, understand the track and build his confidence, the second to capitalise on the first. His words, not mine.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gazc said:

Who Jesus didnt know he rode speedway J.

wasnt he the one that had a triumph in the desert , or was it Remi Moses ?

On 2/23/2019 at 9:57 PM, Endeavour said:

Would Joe Lawlor have been sacked if there was not a rider of Bickley’s potential available?

Does it matter ?

• Like 6

Glasgow have saved speedway as a whole a lot of time and money. I'd be surprised if we see Lawlor on a bike again as the dedication is massively lacking. He didn't really serve any proper apprenticeship and just lucked in at Belle Vue, he rides without a great deal of style or brains and is no particular loss. The sport is changing and the likes of Bickley will progress in a professional way and the likes of Lawlor will follow the paths of Bridger, JPB etc

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

You should be able to.

After all, if there is a code of club conduct then the same punishment should apply to whoever breaks it - regardless of seniority, ability or any other factor. Otherwise its near useless and worse can be seen as merely an inconsistent management tool to punish those who faces for what ever reason do not fit.

Any code of conduct and disciplinary procedure at any organisation should always be kept in house , the fact the Glasgow Management had to explain there decision on social media is rare but a sad reflection on the reasons they felt they had to.

Inconsistent management is one that cannot be used to describe the Glasgow Promotion every single person employed at any level of the club know there duties and what is expected of them.

And have no doubt it is not a case of being selective on who gets disciplined all would be treated the same , this unfortunate incident is down to Joe, it appears if he had accepted his error and apologised he would still be here.

In his wisdom he decided to argue the fact with all and sundry it is down to him and him alone that he has lost his place, and have no doubt the same would apply to any of the other riders. 

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 5

Shame the lad doesn’t have a ride in NL to fall back on.

I expect that situation to change as well!

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:20 PM, Midget said:

Hahahahahahahaha. An none of us seen that coming did We? What a joke of a club Glasgow have become. I will be visiting northern clubs this year after the comets demise, Glasgow will 100% not be one of them, I simply do not agree with how it's run. 

Feel sorry for the young lad they signed I  the 1st place. 

This and other posts about the decision made by our club at the weekend hammers home why you should never let hatred get in the way of the truth as this is what happens.

That right Blobby.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Does it matter ?

Does to them apparently.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gazc said:

Any code of conduct and disciplinary procedure at any organisation should always be kept in house , the fact the Glasgow Management had to explain there decision on social media is rare but a sad reflection on the reasons they felt they had to.

Inconsistent management is one that cannot be used to describe the Glasgow Promotion every single person employed at any level of the club know there duties and what is expected of them.

And have no doubt it is not a case of being selective on who gets disciplined all would be treated the same , this unfortunate incident is down to Joe, it appears if he had accepted his error and apologised he would still be here.

In his wisdom he decided to argue the fact with all and sundry it is down to him and him alone that he has lost his place, and have no doubt the same would apply to any of the other riders. 

I really hope you are right here but...………...

That means that the potential and/or ability of a rider are irrelevant when disciplinary action is taken. No matter how important to the team and its chances of winning a rider might be if he breaks the code he's out, and when punishment is decided that's not even considered. Given that virtually every club is desperate to gain an advantage over rivals - and equally determined to stop others getting an advantage - that's hard to believe.

Lawlor was very easy to replace - indeed, the club will almost certainly benefit from it. Cook, for example, most certainly wouldn't be, and I think that would be a factor in any decision.

It might be me being uncharacteristically cynical but, as Paulco says, that's what speedway does to you. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

That means that the potential and/or ability of a rider are irrelevant when disciplinary action is taken. No matter how important to the team and its chances of winning a rider might be if he breaks the code he's out, and when punishment is decided that's not even considered. Given that virtually every club is desperate to gain an advantage over rivals - and equally determined to stop others getting an advantage - that's hard to believe.

Lawlor was very easy to replace - indeed, the club will almost certainly benefit from it. Cook, for example, most certainly wouldn't be, and I think that would be a factor in any decision.

It might be me being uncharacteristically cynical but, as Paulco says, that's what speedway does to you. 

You can never say for certain but based on the professional manner the Glasgow owners carry out there business I would say it would be a resounding all would be treated the same.

Regardless who it was , Paulco has always had the Cynical side to him ;).

49 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Have to agree with you, and those that are running the sport should take notice that the likes of Paulco becomes cynical.

Over recent years there has been so much happened in the sport that has been unexplained or simple skulduggery, and no proper answer given as to how or why decisions have been made, that even a die in the wool fans of not just their team but speedway in general start ask questions or are sceptical.

• Like 3

Kyle signing for the Tigers is certainly going to test me!

Since 1965 at Meadowbank, I have always followed the Monarchs results. As a 10 Year old, I loved it there and their supporters. Never felt the same when visiting White City or Hampden Park. Or for any of their previous homes,tbh.

As I support Kyle, I will TRY and get used to watching and cheering them whenever I watch them. That said, it is a little easier, as I also get on well with the Starke family.

Currently looking at the end April meetings between the 'old enemy'. Edinburgh v Glasgow FRi 26th, Berwick British U21 Final Sat 27th and Glasgow v Edinburgh Sun 28th. 

• Like 2

Cracking vid from Glasgow.  

Doings things right to promote the sport.  Been some cheesy vids but this is a decent one.  

Edited by Cj69
  • Like 3