British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

Thought I would come on here after a while as it is a slow Friday. 

Seems the same village idiots from Cumbria had a rush of blood to criticise Glasgow (again) with unfounded sweeping statements.

Lots of mud slinging, then when the truth comes out, you would expect the decency of an apology. Alas, this is not the case, the haters (generally Worky fans) decide to find another angle to slaughter. The "what if" brigade, What if you never had a successful team last year? Your wage bill would of been down and maybe ran this year? 

The talk of boycotting Glasgow by one member was particularly laughable. If/when Worky come back to the sport, would you like the sizeable Glasgow support to boycott your stadium. absolute bonkers.

Absolute nut jobs.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, KEITH M said:

Reading this weeks speedway star on page 2 it says Joe Lawlor was told on Friday morning after Peter Facenna arrived at the hotel he was being sacked, yet on page 6 Kyle Bickley  says he had his job at Glasgow just before 2am on the same day.. So Glasgow signed Bickley before sacking Lawlor!! 

not sure what point you're making . they knew they were sacking him but didn't tell him until after they had agreed a deal with his replacement . they were fairer than i would have been , i would have left him to read it in the speedway star. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KEITH M said:

Reading this weeks speedway star on page 2 it says Joe Lawlor was told on Friday morning after Peter Facenna arrived at the hotel he was being sacked, yet on page 6 Kyle Bickley  says he had his job at Glasgow just before 2am on the same day.. So Glasgow signed Bickley before sacking Lawlor!! 

Interested to know how Bickley signed a Glasgow contract at 2.00am :rolleyes: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Red Tigerman said:

Interested to know how Bickley signed a Glasgow contract at 2.00am :rolleyes: 

Probably with a pen? :)

Also there is a 2 page spread on Bickley with his sponsors on page 32 and 33 with Bickley talking about signing for Glasgow ... After getting the Star for over 40 years even I know they don’t do articles like that in 3 days .. The Stars articles like that are planned weeks in advance not published within days 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nagy1 said:

Thought I would come on here after a while as it is a slow Friday. 

Seems the same village idiots from Cumbria had a rush of blood to criticise Glasgow (again) with unfounded sweeping statements.

Lots of mud slinging, then when the truth comes out, you would expect the decency of an apology. Alas, this is not the case, the haters (generally Worky fans) decide to find another angle to slaughter. The "what if" brigade, What if you never had a successful team last year? Your wage bill would of been down and maybe ran this year? 

The talk of boycotting Glasgow by one member was particularly laughable. If/when Worky come back to the sport, would you like the sizeable Glasgow support to boycott your stadium. absolute bonkers.

Absolute nut jobs.

Lets hope the sizable support keep on turning up at glasgow otherwise this time next year u might not be so smug !

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Also there is a 2 page spread on Bickley with his sponsors on page 32 and 33 with Bickley talking about signing for Glasgow ... After getting the Star for over 40 years even I know they don’t do articles like that in 3 days .. The Stars articles like that are planned weeks in advance not published within days 

The SS can include amendments or news items as long as it is received on Tuesday Morning..

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Lets hope the sizable support keep on turning up at glasgow otherwise this time next year u might not be so smug !

All the ingredients are right to satisfy the faithful and see them continue to turn out in good numbers. Glasgow speedway on the other hand didn't close Worky and neither did their fans, so its hard to fathom the venom from the CA postcode area that has been continually directed towards us over the last 18 months and particularly the close season. You would have to go back at least 10 years to find the most bitterest 0131 for similar, but even then, most of them weren't as incessant. 

I did say most and not all!

#workymonarchs

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KEITH M said:

YES they can

4 hours ago, nagy1 said:

would you like the sizeable Glasgow support to boycott your stadium. absolute bonkers.

To be honest thought they already had......was certainly not easy to spot them at DP......best 'away support' now lost to the sport I'm afraid.

7 minutes ago, singy13 said:

To be honest thought they already had......was certainly not easy to spot them at DP......best 'away support' now lost to the sport I'm afraid.

Glasgows sizeable away support had dwindled @ Derwent Park for the last 2 years . in the first year their support was easy to spot , but the 2018 season was an away support flop . 

the honeymoon period was almost over for away supporters .

On 2/28/2019 at 11:42 AM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards
THJ

Brilliant wordsmith.......can we have one of these each week please?..might even stop getting SS in lieu.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, singy13 said:

Yep Coventry always travelled in big numbers. 

4 hours ago, MD said:

All the ingredients are right to satisfy the faithful and see them continue to turn out in good numbers. Glasgow speedway on the other hand didn't close Worky and neither did their fans, so its hard to fathom the venom from the CA postcode area that has been continually directed towards us over the last 18 months and particularly the close season. You would have to go back at least 10 years to find the most bitterest 0131 for similar, but even then, most of them weren't as incessant. 

I did say most and not all!

#workymonarchs

To be fair they have made these dark winter evenings very amusing with there pathetic rambling's , who knows what goes through there heads. It is sad what has happened to Workington Speedway but the crap posted on here I couldn't care less about there fan's, not all as there are a few who are reasoned but some on here are a bit like the Scottish press ,  hate filled, obsessive agenda driven mentalists.

They lay the blame at all and sundry look at the crap Scunthorpe fan's took of them last season and we still don't know the full story but they made there own assumptions.

Edited by Gazc
  • Thanks 1