British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

25 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

Like THJ has stated the wounds of no Worky speedway do indeed run deep.

I don't believe that the huge majority of Comets fans bear Glasgow any malice whatsoever. Your fans are arguably the best and most welcoming in speedway and I always looked forward to seeing you all at Derwent Park and my visits to Ashfield.

The fact is, last years apparent unmanageable debt coupled with the non forthcoming offers of help have resulted in the loss of Workington Speedway which for a lot of Comets fans is akin to losing someone close.

The term 'speedway family' is often mooted on here but in my opinion there is no great evidence of this. Speedway is in trouble and there is no better time than now for clubs to work together in order to help each other survive. I'm not advocating repetetive assistance for clubs who have repeatedly demonstrated poor financial management but last season the Comets were very much victims of circumstance the results of which are plain to see.

Laura came to the assistance of the Monarchs in their hour of need but where are the offers of help from the speedway family to help Worky to get back on their feet ?. The loss of the Comets and their travelling fans will be felt by the northern clubs especially the likes of Newcastle, Redcar and Berwick who will lose the income generated by the travelling Comets fans, which is unlikely to be replaced by the numbers travelling from the likes of Eastbourne, Somerset and Birmingham.

The potential is there for clubs and riders to come together to help in whatever ways possible to ensure that clubs such as the Comets are not lost forever due being tipped over the cliff edge following a crippling season. Speedway family ? nah everyone just looks after themselves and herein lies the problem.

In all likelihood Edinburgh and the majority of other clubs ran at a loss last season and have nothing to give. The gifting of 30k or whatever it was, to Edinburgh was entremely generous but naive. Believing that it would generate goodwill that would be returned in future or a time of need, even moreso. The money has gone, it didnt buy anything that benefitted Workington speedway.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SteelShoe said:

Like THJ has stated the wounds of no Worky speedway do indeed run deep.

I don't believe that the huge majority of Comets fans bear Glasgow any malice whatsoever. Your fans are arguably the best and most welcoming in speedway and I always looked forward to seeing you all at Derwent Park and my visits to Ashfield.

The fact is, last years apparent unmanageable debt coupled with the non forthcoming offers of help have resulted in the loss of Workington Speedway which for a lot of Comets fans is akin to losing someone close.

The term 'speedway family' is often mooted on here but in my opinion there is no great evidence of this. Speedway is in trouble and there is no better time than now for clubs to work together in order to help each other survive. I'm not advocating repetetive assistance for clubs who have repeatedly demonstrated poor financial management but last season the Comets were very much victims of circumstance the results of which are plain to see.

Laura came to the assistance of the Monarchs in their hour of need but where are the offers of help from the speedway family to help Worky to get back on their feet ?. The loss of the Comets and their travelling fans will be felt by the northern clubs especially the likes of Newcastle, Redcar and Berwick who will lose the income generated by the travelling Comets fans, which is unlikely to be replaced by the numbers travelling from the likes of Eastbourne, Somerset and Birmingham.

The potential is there for clubs and riders to come together to help in whatever ways possible to ensure that clubs such as the Comets are not lost forever due being tipped over the cliff edge following a crippling season. Speedway family ? nah everyone just looks after themselves and herein lies the problem.

Do you really think there is spare cash floating about at other Clubs in the sport.?

• Haha 1

With Nike Lunna declaring himself unfit for this season Victor Palovaara has now unfortunately lost his team place at Newcastle through the numbers game, this after Dimitri Berge quit Somerset meaning Glasgow lose three loan fees in the space of a month.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

Berge still with belle vue at the moment 

Appears that his mechanic only works two days a week! 

59 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Appears that his mechanic only works two days a week! 

More likely he already works 6 and therefore its not possible to do 2 more....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

More likely he already works 6 and therefore its not possible to do 2 more....

Yes, that is possible meaning he can do the Belle Vue meetings but not Championship meetings. 

4 hours ago, Tigerforever said:

With Nike Lunna declaring himself unfit for this season Victor Palovaara has now unfortunately lost his team place at Newcastle through the numbers game, this after Dimitri Berge quit Somerset meaning Glasgow lose three loan fees in the space of a month.

I am sure Victor will be snapped up before June

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Do you really think there is spare cash floating about at other Clubs in the sport.?

Not at the majority of clubs for sure . Most clubs ran at a loss last season. There are otherways to help but i'm not appealing on here.

On 3/4/2019 at 3:54 PM, Tigerforever said:

False economy of the asset system

Nice to see sarj starting the year going thro tapes 1st heat at Redcar this afternoon !!!

11 minutes ago, Neila said:

Nice to see sarj starting the year going thro tapes 1st heat at Redcar this afternoon !!!

easy buddy , you will have bodgit , leggit and scarper on your case 

4 minutes ago, jenga said:

easy buddy , you will have bodgit , leggit and scarper on your case 

No he won't because he did , not rocket science is it.

Anyway haven't saw any users with those names on here, you must be thinking of the Workington forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Hi Tigger fans, I come in peace !! Could any of you up in Glasgow shed any light on a potential line up, or any names for cookies testimonial ? Someone I know is Looking to try and run a bus from Workington, but people won't put names forward untill a name or 2 been announced, can any one help out ? Thanks

1 minute ago, Neila said:

Hi Tigger fans, I come in peace !! Could any of you up in Glasgow shed any light on a potential line up, or any names for cookies testimonial ? Someone I know is Looking to try and run a bus from Workington, but people won't put names forward untill a name or 2 been announced, can any one help out ? Thanks

Craig cool will be their , has he ridden for the same promotion for the past 10 yrs or have the rules changed ?