British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

5 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Craig cool will be their , has he ridden for the same promotion for the past 10 yrs or have the rules changed ?

Geoff rules changed a while ago, if a rider has been in speedway for 10 years he can apply/be put forward to be considered for a testimonial, does not have to have at a club/with same promotion for 10 years, the powers that be decide if one is granted, imo I find this wrong as every Tom dick and Harry could be entitled to one, but lots don't apply, maybe it's just ones who like money apply, oops what have I just said !!: )

• Haha 1

Seems a bit daft as craig hasnt done a full season at glasgow and lets be honest could be elsewhere in 2020, yet as home fans u are expected to turn up in numbers, mind u we done same for mick powell back in the day 

2 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Seems a bit daft as craig hasnt done a full season at glasgow and lets be honest could be elsewhere in 2020, yet as home fans u are expected to turn up in numbers, mind u we done same for mick powell back in the day 

Think ££££ signs come to mind !!! But a rumour I hear is that he is struggling to get a line up, lots of meetings at Easter home and abroad

9 minutes ago, Neila said:

Geoff rules changed a while ago, if a rider has been in speedway for 10 years he can apply/be put forward to be considered for a testimonial, does not have to have at a club/with same promotion for 10 years, the powers that be decide if one is granted, imo I find this wrong as every Tom dick and Harry could be entitled to one, but lots don't apply, maybe it's just ones who like money apply, oops what have I just said !!: )

Your right,it just a money grab for greedy riders,Cook probably needs the money to finance his GP losses last season which we all heard about with the sob stories.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Neila said:

as long as the rider has not had a break , asked for a transfer from his clubs . he should be granted one .so richard lawson started before cookie and he has not had one yet because he asked to be away from workington , therefore breaking the rules of a testimonial .

10 hours ago, jenga said:

as long as the rider has not had a break , asked for a transfer from his clubs . he should be granted one .so richard lawson started before cookie and he has not had one yet because he asked to be away from workington , therefore breaking the rules of a testimonial .

Think you will find that Craig asked to be away from Worky when he went to Edinburgh....

You know after the fall.out with the promotion when he was sold to Edinburgh...

That's not you making stuff up again Jenga is it? Doh!!!

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling,
  • Like 1

Just as you predicted  Gazc  bodgit [ jenga],  legit [neila ], scarper [Geoff 100 ] have all appeared :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MANSE said:

Just as you predicted  Gazc  bodgit [ jenga],  legit [neila ], scarper [Geoff 100 ] have all appeared :D

And of course never to be confused with Balthasar (SharpenRake), Melchior (MANSE) and Gaspar (Gazc)

Regards
THJ

14 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

And of course never to be confused with Balthasar (SharpenRake), Melchior (MANSE) and Gaspar (Gazc)

Regards
THJ

Melchior [KING of PERSIA ] I like that

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Melchior [KING of PERSIA ] I like that

Also one of the Three Wise Men don't forget... lol

Another well thought out and subtle retort that just whistled by in the wind... Never mind....

Must try harder...

Regards
THJ

missed out key words

5 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Think you will find that Craig asked to be away from Worky when he went to Edinburgh....

You know after the fall.out with the promotion when he was sold to Edinburgh...

That's not you making stuff up again Jenga is it? Doh!!!

Regards 

THJ 

me, make stuff up. never . looks like the powers that were in charge of  workington  made it clear to the scb/bspa that craig was not included in workingtons plans for the following season and then sold him to glasgow , so as not to break the service to speedway . 

who in turn , edinburgh then sold him back to workington recently and then worky sold him onto belle vue. or have i just made things up again ?  :shock:

11 minutes ago, jenga said:

me, make stuff up. never . looks like the powers that were in charge of  workington  made it clear to the scb/bspa that craig was not included in workingtons plans for the following season and then sold him to glasgow , so as not to break the service to speedway . 

who in turn , edinburgh then sold him back to workington recently and then worky sold him onto belle vue. or have i just made things up again ?  :shock:

Think you may be confusing us buying Richard Lawson from Workington after Lakeside never paid the initial transfer fee to Workington .

Glasgow then stepped in and paid the fee.

Craig Cook as far as i am aware is still an Edinburgh asset 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gazc said:

Think you may be confusing us buying Richard Lawson from Workington after Lakeside never paid the initial transfer fee to Workington .

Glasgow then stepped in and paid the fee.

Craig Cook as far as i am aware is still an Edinburgh asset 

Honestly

Totally correct

Jenga is like a Ruminant without any Orbital Ocular Sockets

Before you look it up Jenga it's a deer without any eyes or a no eyed deer!!!!

See what a did there Biffa because it Totally sums you up "No Idea" whatsoever...

Definitely a prize plum

Regards 

THJ 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Totally correct

Jenga is like a Ruminant without any Orbital Ocular Sockets

Before you look it up Jenga it's a deer without any eyes or a no eyed deer!!!!

See what a did there Biffa because it Totally sums you up "No Idea" whatsoever...

Definitely a prize plum

Regards 

THJ 

thanks for the kind words Steve .

5 hours ago, jenga said:

To be fair the only part of the post that is correct is me, :rolleyes:.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1