British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

18 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Jayden O'Malley now there's a name you don't hear often. I wonder why that is? 
Was he the most disappointing rider ever to wear the red & white stripes?

Nope. Tornqvist, Penfold, Juul Larsen, Horwood, Davey etc though for me its the shameless Wolbert by a country mile.

To be fair to O'Malley he had a tidy style when in the mood however had poor equipment and being 16 was reliant on others to get him around. He didnt seem to get on with the other riders not even the Australians.

19 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

All out this year.

To be fair we have done just fine up to now , it just might be the final piece we needed let's see how it goes.

On 5/23/2019 at 9:36 PM, JanAndersen said:

Nope. Don't follow English football.

Just aswell you don't as it's so frustrating being a Newcastle United fan 

7 hours ago, Gazc said:

To be fair we have done just fine up to now , it just might be the final piece we needed let's see how it goes.

Got to say I'm disappointed Connor Coles hasn't been given the chance after the excellent job he's done recently. I've read that the management have been targeting Bailey for a wee while, so can understand the "unfortunate timing" issue but I just hope he is ready for the Championship as he only stepped up to 500 bikes fairly recently. Hope he does ok though.

12 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

Got to say I'm disappointed Connor Coles hasn't been given the chance after the excellent job he's done recently. I've read that the management have been targeting Bailey for a wee while, so can understand the "unfortunate timing" issue but I just hope he is ready for the Championship as he only stepped up to 500 bikes fairly recently. Hope he does ok though.

Connor Coles... COME BACK TO NEWCASTLE

Also, really glad to see a new face to British speedway, I like to think I follow all the young up and coming riders from Australia, Russia, Sweden, USA etc... But never even heard this name before... Looks an exciting prospect!! However... Not to be awkward... But don't Aussies come in on a 4.00 average? Please correct me and tell me how Glasgow are to construct their team to under the 38.00 limit? Thank you

1. Craig Cook 10.51

2. James Sarjeant 4.54

3. Claus Vissing 6.79

4. Rasmus Jensen 6.76

5. Paul Starke 6.20

6. Kyle Bickley 2.00

7. Connor Bailey 4.00

Total: 40.80???

Even if he came in on a 2.00 average for some reason it'd be above the 38.00 limit... Are the other 6 really dropping that far for next months averages?

Maybe Sarjeant out and Coles in then? And the rest dropping their averages let the team drop below 38?

Edited by Dandelion

Doesn't matter... Just seen that he is a 'british passport holder' :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

Connor Coles... COME BACK TO NEWCASTLE

Also, really glad to see a new face to British speedway, I like to think I follow all the young up and coming riders from Australia, Russia, Sweden, USA etc... But never even heard this name before... Looks an exciting prospect!! However... Not to be awkward... But don't Aussies come in on a 4.00 average? Please correct me and tell me how Glasgow are to construct their team to under the 38.00 limit? Thank you

1. Craig Cook 10.51

2. James Sarjeant 4.54

3. Claus Vissing 6.79

4. Rasmus Jensen 6.76

5. Paul Starke 6.20

6. Kyle Bickley 2.00

7. Connor Bailey 4.00

Total: 40.80???

Even if he came in on a 2.00 average for some reason it'd be above the 38.00 limit... Are the other 6 really dropping that far for next months averages?

Maybe Sarjeant out and Coles in then? And the rest dropping their averages let the team drop below 38?

We are replacing a 2 point reserve with another 2 point reserve 

Team averages would have went up at 1st May GSA and in all likelihood will do again 1st June.

But in answer to your query nobody else needs replaced it is like for like average wise.

13 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

I agree Coles would have probably  have done the job.Big gamble you never know though might pay off. 

• Like 1

Tigers are to be congratulated on their initiative in recruiting a potentially hot prospect, in Connor Bailey, on a 2pt GSA.

I'm sure any other clubs fans, including my own, would have been excited at such a move.

Such a similar move was done by the Tigers a few years back when they brought in Nick Morris, and look how well that turned out to be.

• Like 5

Will be surprised if the Tornado is more than a mild breeze at first. Massive step up for the lad and short term CC was probably the best option. I hope to be proved very wrong. 

However, I think this is a huge signing for the club with his junior pedigree and family support this hungry Australian will come good. Really looking forward to watching him develop.

On a 2.00 point average it looks to be a brilliant piece of business and I am sure an additional spot in the NL will be forthcoming. 

Edited by Fingersfin

If he is a super talent why have so few heard of him?

I’m sure the lad at Scunthorpe was also hailed similar and he had a lot more experience.

Its a massive gamble that will only pay off from next season if he turns out to be ok. Bickley was poor for most of 2018 but has used the experience to good effect for this year. We were getting nothing out of Chessell so you could argue we have nothing to lose however there is no doubt Connor Coles helped us to victory at Eastbourne and again at Edinburgh with paid 5.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 6:04 PM, cyclone said:

Tigers are to be congratulated on their initiative in recruiting a potentially hot prospect, in Connor Bailey, on a 2pt GSA.

I'm sure any other clubs fans, including my own, would have been excited at such a move.

Such a similar move was done by the Tigers a few years back when they brought in Nick Morris, and look how well that turned out to be.

Your own team didn't do too badly with a young lad called Max Fricke :)

5 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Your own team didn't do too badly with a young lad called Max Fricke :)

And Matty Wethers.  ;)

• Like 1