British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

And Matty Wethers.  ;)

Your team hasn't done too badly over the years either Tsunami. Lets see - Ivan Mauger. Ole Olsen, Ander Michanek, Nikki Pedersen? I mean that's only four World Champions lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Your team hasn't done too badly over the years either Tsunami. Lets see - Ivan Mauger. Ole Olsen, Ander Michanek, Nikki Pedersen? I mean that's only four World Champions lol

And Dag Lovas, Joe Owen, Bjarne Pedersen, Kenneth Bjerre and Kenni Larsen as well. Brian Anderson World U21 rode for us for a short period as well. We haven't done bad as you say. Currently we have the British 150cc Champion in Archie Freeman. :P

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

And Joe Owen, Bjarne Pedersen, Kenneth Bjerre and Kenni Larsen as well. Brian Anderson World U21 rode for us for a short period as well. We haven't done bad as you say. Currently we have the British 150cc Champion in Archie Freeman. :P

Did a certain Mr Lambert also not make his 'big' debut for the Diamonds?

Tom & Joe were two of my favourite riders. You knew when that Diamonds team visited the chances were they were going home with the points.

Just now, cinderfella said:

Did a certain Mr Lambert also not make his 'big' debut for the Diamonds?

Tom & Joe were two of my favourite riders. You knew when that Diamonds team visited the chances were they were going home with the points.

Of course Robert, but I was thinking of riders we brought into British Speedway and nurtured them. 

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Of course Robert, but I was thinking of riders we brought into British Speedway and nurtured them. 

Last word on the Diamonds since this is a Glasgow page but this has a Glasgow 'connection' lol
The only time i saw the Diamonds loose their sparkle was at Paisley when former Tigers' Promoter Neil Mcfarlane pulled a cracker with a measuring tape when Ian Thomas questioned the width of the track.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Last word on the Diamonds since this is a Glasgow page but this has a Glasgow 'connection' lol
The only time i saw the Diamonds loose their sparkle was at Paisley when former Tigers' Promoter Neil Mcfarlane pulled a cracker with a measuring tape when Ian Thomas questioned the width of the track.

Yes, I know the connection of that incident. :D 

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

And Dag Lovas, Joe Owen, Bjarne Pedersen, Kenneth Bjerre and Kenni Larsen as well. Brian Anderson World U21 rode for us for a short period as well. We haven't done bad as you say. Currently we have the British 150cc Champion in Archie Freeman. :P

Also current northern junior League 500 rider  josh ( embo ) embleton both get on track training school riders to boot 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the last few posts it's good to know that there are still lots of decent speedway fans on this forum. If your wondering what I mean just take a look at some of the nonsense on the premier league pages. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Thanks for the last few posts it's good to know that there are still lots of decent speedway fans on this forum. If your wondering what I mean just take a look at some of the nonsense on the premier league pages. 

Schoolboy in playground stuff on PL.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Was that not an  Ian thomas trick on john berry at hull?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, geoff100 said:

Was that not an  Ian thomas trick on john berry at hull?

Ian Thomas probably got it from Neil then. I'm pretty sure is Ian had pulled a trick like that he would have been fly to it.
I saw Ian, as a keen magician, pull many things from his sleeve but never hide a measuring tape up it as Neil did.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

Josh Pickering to double up with Swindon. Announcement later in week. 

Who is he replacing I wonder?

12 hours ago, cinderfella said:

You are correct , it was something like the first three inches was cut off the tape , there was also a Paisley v Newcastle meeting where Tom Owen got thrown out of the meeting , can't remember if it was the same one or not .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paulco said:

You are correct , it was something like the first three inches was cut off the tape , there was also a Paisley v Newcastle meeting where Tom Owen got thrown out of the meeting , can't remember if it was the same one or not .

It was the same meeting Paul. The ref chucked Tom out for arguing before a wheel had even been turned.
According to Neil the tape hadn't actually been altered in any way. Neil some how managed to put a length  mid section of the tape up his sleeve unseen by the referee and Newcastle management.
It's promoters like Neil and Ian Thomas the sport is in dire  need of these days.

• Like 2