British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

33 minutes ago, Paulco said:

What evidence ? Detective Sergeant Blobby on the case infiltrating the evil Glasgow firm 

Messages I’ve seen, pictures of Berge things including bikes dumped in the street. Including things I’ve been told from someone who has/is riding for Glasgow.

6 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Messages I’ve seen, pictures of Berge things including bikes dumped in the street. Including things I’ve been told from someone who has/is riding for Glasgow.

You do like a good wee chin wag Blobby mostly about us.

Nothing happening at Edinburgh you need to concern yourselves about , or is all good in the land of you Ken.

4 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

is or has been riding for Glasgow . if its HAS , then there has been a fair few through the Glasgow books in the past few years ..HAS or IS ,  please tell all !........ i am holding my breath . 

46 minutes ago, jenga said:

is or has been riding for Glasgow . if its HAS , then there has been a fair few through the Glasgow books in the past few years ..HAS or IS ,  please tell all !........ i am holding my breath . 

Even you can’t hold your breath that long:P

12 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Even you can’t hold your breath that long:P

start counting !  :sad:

• Like 1

Slowly? ;):rofl:

• Like 1

A letter in this week's Star saying Glasgow average crowd 2100!!! Bloody hell more than Swindon, Belle Vue, Ipswich and Poole!

16 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

A letter in this week's Star saying Glasgow average crowd 2100!!! Bloody hell more than Swindon, Belle Vue, Ipswich and Poole!

Not surprising crowds have been very healthy so far t he last couple of weeks have been down slightly but it is the Glasgow Holiday's and this is often the case historically.

16 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Think it is a little exaggerated ,but might be wrong. 

5 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

How many actually pay though and how many are free tickets.

Would imagine the figure is based on paying customers including season ticket holders.

There is no free entry except for the following.

Riders and a guest

Match officials

Voluntarily staff

Start girls

Mechanics.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

No surprise Glasgow get good crowds, they promote properly. 

Edited by Bagpuss
Spelling / grammar
  • Like 9

with gates of over k2 , Shirley they cannot lose money in 2019 ?       ......  sit back and hold on tight , here come the triplets ...:icon_smile_clown:..:icon_smile_clown:..:icon_smile_clown:..

Edited by jenga
mixed up with gates and bates . . very easy to do @ my time of life ..

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Think it is a little exaggerated ,but might be wrong. 

As the same letter estimated Belle Vue's 1970s attendances at 40,000, the writer might not be totally accurate in his estimations.

That said, Glasgow have markedly improved their attendances under the Facenna regime.

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Would imagine the figure is based on paying customers including season ticket holders.

There is no free entry except for the following.

Riders and a guest

Match officials

Voluntary staff

Start girls

Mechanics.

Well while walking to the stadium last year me and the friend I travelled with Walked past a gentleman wearing a Glasgow jacket who asked us if we were heading along to the speedway to which we replied yes. This gentleman then asked if we would like some free tickets to get in of course we said yes he then went into his jacket pocket where had a several tickets to gain free admission into the meeting to which he gave us a couple. 

If I remember correctly it would’ve been the match in may, cup match I think.