British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

When people used to moan at good old "ian thomas" about people looking over the stadium fence for nothing he used to say " i will worry when they are not their" their was no one the last season we were open so carry on giving out free tickets .

5 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Well while walking to the stadium last year me and the friend I travelled with Walked past a gentleman wearing a Glasgow jacket who asked us if we were heading along to the speedway to which we replied yes. This gentleman then asked if we would like some free tickets to get in of course we said yes he then went into his jacket pocket where had a several tickets to gain free admission into the meeting to which he gave us a couple. 

If I remember correctly it would’ve been the match in may, cup match I think.

fancy you not helping the poor tigers coffers . the faccues have attracted many new/old supporters of the sport , just need to get them to chip in with the entry cash and maybe it will in the black and not the red .@ the end of the 19 season .

but saying that , there is always the 3rd tier league . its more than we have @ the moment !

10 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Well while walking to the stadium last year me and the friend I travelled with Walked past a gentleman wearing a Glasgow jacket who asked us if we were heading along to the speedway to which we replied yes. This gentleman then asked if we would like some free tickets to get in of course we said yes he then went into his jacket pocket where had a several tickets to gain free admission into the meeting to which he gave us a couple. 

If I remember correctly it would’ve been the match in may, cup match I think.

There were a few weeks of initiatives happening last year its called promoting.

Now from what i remember this was for 3 weeks and whilst it may have a small impact it is hardly going to make a great deal of difference , anyway if i had saw you i would have insisted on you paying the adult price. 

17 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Now from what i remember this was for 3 weeks and whilst it may have a small impact it is hardly going to make a great deal of difference , anyway if i had saw you i would have insisted on you paying the adult price. 

From what I hear it’s a regular thing but we’ll just leave it at that. Every club does it though every now and again to try and attract new supporters.

11 minutes ago, Gazc said:

promoting cost money and for someone to stand near or within shouting distance of the stadium and ask people if they were going to the speedway and then be given a free entry ticket when they replied YES was stupid  . blobs and co had already decided to go and PAY to gain entry . being given a free pair of tickets was like a small win on the lottery . so who gains from the free ticket promoting ? 

the only thing Glasgow done was rob theme selves of two paying customers  that were already going to pay !  now thats promoting for ya . jeeezz .

worky gave away free tickets @ the Cumberland show and many other small weekend events . strange thing tho . these free tickets found theme selves in the hands of workington supporters (the regulars) the free ticket entry kiosk was 3 times as bust as the normal turnstiles and these fans were even wearing their blu n white speedway jackets !

so if that promoting Glasgow speedway ,  you carry on the short road to being bankrupt .  

No free tickets have been handed out this year I think with the Tigers being advertised on the new local Glasgow radio station Nation Radio it should bring a few extra through the gate nice advert by the way and it's quite cheap as well as my boss who has a couple of carpet shops does it also says uts cheaper than print advertising 

1 hour ago, jenga said:

promoting cost money and for someone to stand near or within shouting distance of the stadium and ask people if they were going to the speedway and then be given a free entry ticket when they replied YES was stupid  . blobs and co had already decided to go and PAY to gain entry . being given a free pair of tickets was like a small win on the lottery . so who gains from the free ticket promoting ? 

the only thing Glasgow done was rob theme selves of two paying customers  that were already going to pay !  now thats promoting for ya . jeeezz .

worky gave away free tickets @ the Cumberland show and many other small weekend events . strange thing tho . these free tickets found theme selves in the hands of workington supporters (the regulars) the free ticket entry kiosk was 3 times as bust as the normal turnstiles and these fans were even wearing their blu n white speedway jackets !

so if that promoting Glasgow speedway ,  you carry on the short road to being bankrupt .  

There promoting of the sport is up there with the best speculate to accumulate.

It looks as if it is beginning to pay dividends with the increase in crowd levels.

It is easy to be negative all the time rather than looking at the positive side.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

As the same letter estimated Belle Vue's 1970s attendances at 40,000, the writer might not be totally accurate in his estimations.

That said, Glasgow have markedly improved their attendances under the Facenna regime.

The  Facenna regime have done as much as  can to make a Speedway night out a success and have improved the crowds.They deserve a lot of credit given the state the sport is in.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

There promoting of the sport is up there with the best speculate to accumulate.

It looks as if it is beginning to pay dividends with the increase in crowd levels.

It is easy to be negative all the time rather than looking at the positive side.

how very true , but why put something off today , when you can put if off tomorrow .  ;)

• Confused 1

Its sad that some are trying to be snidey at and belittle what should be seen as a greatly positive achievement to raise attendances to this level

It shows the way that others should try to emulate

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
Ridiculous word filter corrected
  • Like 5

I have also noticed a lot of Polish Speedway fans now attending Ashfield on a regular basis 

• Like 1

Cant believe the filter changed my post!! What is the world coming to when you cant use genuine words because a component part is considered offensive :(

Craig Cook confirms he has broken his wrist but plans to ride on starting tomorrow night at Glasgow against Eastbourne.Tigers have 6 meetings in 11 days and Craig also has the British Final next Monday. Theres no good time to break your wrist but this has to be a sickener for Cookie with him desperate to win trophies for his club and also for his ambitions to become British champion and get the wildcard for Cardiff. Hope everything goes well for him tomorrow and he can then take it day by day and see how the wrist behaves.

• Like 1