British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

If the process goes forward, and the appeal is carefully considered but fails and the suspension reimposed - isn't there a danger it might then affect Craig's availability for the play-offs? 

• Like 1

Whatever the provocation (and there was most definitely provocation) the man threw punches at the very least. if he gets no ban at all while Kennett and Vissing do; it will be a complete mockery of a decision. 

• Like 5

Well, that is what has happened. Cook has supplied new evidence & is now free to ride until a full SCB hearing at a date to be set. Vissing has had his rejected so is banned for his full 10 days. Kennett has not submitted an appeal.

Edited by IronScorpion

56 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Well, that is what has happened. Cook has supplied new evidence & is now free to ride until a full SCB hearing at a date to be set. Vissing has had his rejected so is banned for his full 10 days. Kennett has not submitted an appeal.

Having already submitted a written statement I`d be puzzled as to what this new evidence could be.

Cook riding for mr chapman bspa chairman obviously has nothing to do with it. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Cook riding for mr chapman bspa chairman obviously has nothing to do with it. 

Correct, the investigation was held by the SCB, you would think any appeal will be heard by them to. If there is new evidence from the Cook side then all well and good, if this is an appeal for convenience just to get Cook riding in important meetings for Glasgow and Kings Lynn then I hope it is treated with the contempt it deserves. 

Well I for one am very pleased Craig Cook is riding for the Tigers against Lions on Sat night - as a Lions fan , I want us to try and beat a strong Glasgow team with arguably the best rider in the Championship this year as opposed to one without.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, screm said:

Correct, the investigation was held by the SCB, you would think any appeal will be heard by them to. If there is new evidence from the Cook side then all well and good, if this is an appeal for convenience just to get Cook riding in important meetings for Glasgow and Kings Lynn then I hope it is treated with the contempt it deserves. 

More chance of the second one, I’m going to go out on a limb and say he’ll serve no ban at all and if he does it’ll be a shorter length during a period he misses no meetings.

7 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

More chance of the second one, I’m going to go out on a limb and say he’ll serve no ban at all and if he does it’ll be a shorter length during a period he misses no meetings.

If the new evidence and appeal are both rejected the Cook`s punishment should stand. 

4 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

You seem to know a lot about mirky goings on Blobby and dodgy practices.  B) 

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Cook is taking a chance with appeal ,might miss the important stuff at end of season.Unless they know more than they are telling.

What about simply the sole reason why most people want a full hearing....  if he considers he is innocent of the charge, he has evidence to back it up, and for those reasons confident that he will be cleared.

If I was innocent and had the evidence to back it up I sure would appeal it and for those speculating anything except the obvious reason then let them go figure.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BigBoaby said:

What about simply the sole reason why most people want a full hearing....  if he considers he is innocent of the charge, he has evidence to back it up, and for those reasons confident that he will be cleared.

If I was innocent and had the evidence to back it up I sure would appeal it and for those speculating anything except the obvious reason then let them go figure.

I think he could perhaps be trying to get out on a technicality along the lines of if it was noted by the ref on the night that punches were thrown, then why was free to carry on racing?

He obviously isn't innocent of violent conduct or whatever the rule stated as he plainly did what the rule mentioned so it can only be a challenge on procedures not being followed correctly or something like that.