British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

1 minute ago, BigBoaby said:

But why the derisive language all the time?  Its a fair question.  You always laden with derisive wording e.g. "you weren't man enough apologise" - first of all why not simply say (factually) to somebody that they haven't apologised.  I did say before that there was nothing to apologise for in the first place.  If an apology is due to somebody I give it no question but there wasn't anything.  Not a thing.  I was quite happy with no intent whatsoever - none at all.  Somehow you've taken it the wrong way, that's all, that's the sum total of it.  On the other hand your badgering of me with repeated pm's wasn't right, you must know that yourself.

Come on, agree to disagree and get on.

Well the "mod" you contacted said to do that but still you've carried it on.  You started the issue by making an offensive comment to me, yet because YOU don't think it was offensive, you wouldnt and didn't apologise.  I simply replied to your repeated pm's asking for an apology.  You didn't want to give one. 

Going on your logic, i'm quite happy with my language thanks and you interpreting it as derisive is just your view of that.  

See, pointless isn't it ? You can't say your language is fine and then expect to chastise me about mine....  

2 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Well the "mod" you contacted said to do that but still you've carried it on.  You started the issue by making an offensive comment to me, yet because YOU don't think it was offensive, you wouldnt and didn't apologise.  I simply replied to your repeated pm's asking for an apology.  You didn't want to give one. 

Going on your logic, i'm quite happy with my language thanks and you interpreting it as derisive is just your view of that.  

See, pointless isn't it ? You can't say your language is fine and then expect to chastise me about mine....  

In answer to your comments:

1.  "You started the issue by making an offensive comment to me"   ANSWER:  No I didn't, I clarified it was only jovially and light-hearted.  It was also long after your badgering me with pm's so by then it had become a bit secondary.

2.  "I simply replied to your repeated pm's asking for an apology.  You didn't want to give one."  ANSWER: To clarify, I only asked that you respect my (previous) request to stop sending me pm's.  Your pm's by this time were also full of derisive language so this was hardly an appropriate basis for discussing anything and especially as I had already previous asked you to stop sending me pm's.  Will come back to below.

3.  "i'm quite happy with my language thanks and you interpreting it as derisive is just your view of that."  ANSWER: Well that's a pity as your posts to me and your pm's are full of derisive language.  Honestly, you would get nowhere in the business world using that type of language, nowhere.

In summary, I've made a jovial light-hearted comment, I was quite happy with no intent whatsoever, you've take it the wrong way and gone off the deep end, sending me repeated pm's.  Perhaps if you'd used more reasonable language in the first instance in your representations to me, respected my request to stop sending me pm's, etc, then there would have been no problem.

There's certainly no way that I would wish to cause offense to anyone, that just isn't me.  Unfortunately you've jumped off the deep end, that's just been the way of it, and that you're content to discuss using derisive language all the time unfortunately hasn't helped.  So on that basis, sadly, yes it does appear to be pointless as you say.

Your as bad as each other . Neither of you can leave it. you both want to have the last word so this is just going to run and run. Until one of you actually grow up.

• Like 2

In answer to your comments:

Wow, what nonsense all that is.

1 minute ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Your as bad as each other . Neither of you can leave it. you both want to have the last word so this is just going to run and run. Until one of you actually grow up.

So you'd accept someone saying you're talking bollocks with all the aggression of the original posts this chap made ?  I'm sure you will say you will of course.

Call me old fashioned but if someone says something like that and tries to then accuse you of bullying, i'd like to stand my corner.  

I've repeatedly said to leave it with the mods and the guy is still coming back.  

If a few others of you actually came off the fence perhaps he would stop.  He has intentionally brought this up tonight days after it was over.

Just now, topaz325 said:

Is this the Glasgow topic?

When anyone can get a word in edgeways. Block the problems and the thread becomes reasonably sensible.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Not at all.  Easy to say that when you haven't been on the receiving end of it and haven't actually been in the position.  Nothing to do with last word either.  Certainly as far as I was concerned I was happy to try to help, nothing more nothing less.  I knew/know that there was no intent at all.  I've done my best and it's been to no avail.

Getting very tedious , the 2 of them are like children , give it a rest and lets get back to the topic of speedway

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Is this the Glasgow topic?

Yep.  Should be again soon.

Not at all.  Easy to say that when you haven't been on the receiving end of it and haven't actually been in the position.  Nothing to do with last word either.  Certainly as far as I was concerned I was happy to try to help, nothing more nothing less.  I knew/know that there was no intent at all.  I've done my best and it's been to no avail.

Saying i was talking bollocks ???  Trying to help ? .  Doing your best would have making an apology for foul language and attacking the poster..  Both rule breaks.  

7 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

When anyone can get a word in edgeways. Block the problems and the thread becomes reasonably sensible.

Yeh and you'd be fine with someone saying you're talking bollocks would you ?  Give over.  

Just now, dorothy58 said:

Getting very tedious , the 2 of them are like children , give it a rest and lets get back to the topic of speedway

Easy to say that when you haven't been on the receiving end of it Dorothy and haven't been in the position.  I've certainly never experienced anything like it in my life.  I tried my best to help and gave doc the opportunity to agree to disagree, etc, it's been to no avail.  I did my best.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

I did my best, it was to no avail so whoever wants last word or to discuss can do so if they want, I did me best.

Now discussing all things Glasgow...