Glasgow 2019 Onwards

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Póg mo thóin, or if you like Pogue Mahone

Regards
THJ

If you don't like Hank Williams.... 

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

If Glasgow win the Play off final will there joy be tempered knowing really deep down that this is a "Watered Down League"

That they haven't really won the Championship title like Workington did last year (treble as it happens... H18tory...) in a much stronger league, but they have only won the play off final of a "Beefed Up" National Development League.

A watered down lesser product on the previous years Championship; after all what is the point of winning something if the whole product is watered down, getting excited over such a devalued product must surely take the edge off any glory that might be gleaned.

Worky may be gone but the glory will always remain of winning the Championship when it meant something not the Championship Light or the NDL + with cash to buy in the talent

Never mind if Glasgow take the 30 pieces of silver they can go into the Premiership next year which although "Watered Down" and is on a par with the Championship of last year; then they can have a pop at that and see if they can buy what basically Workington won on merit last year... H18tory...

Regards
THJ

I have no idea what this is about, or what it’s doing in “Glasgow 2019” For me, the 2019 Championship is very similar to 2018 in overall team strength. I can’t see many if indeed any riders having an artificially increased average. 

Also, it’s a bit sad not to say sick using Workington 2018 as the yardstick for anything. Workington were, after all, serial late, sometimes very late payers - were they not barred from attending the 2017 AGM because they were so far behind with their rider payments?

I can’t remember how much Laura Morgan said she lost running the Comets but a figure in excess of half a million comes to mind. 

I feel sorry for the Workington supporters who must have believed that their winning run would guarantee financial stability, only then to have to face closure. 

Whatever any feels about Glasgow, it’s owners and it’s promotion, at least you know, win or lose, they pay their way. This is not a sport where anyone can buy success, but not should it be one where you have to sell everything you have to make ends meet. 

• Like 3

On 11/19/2018 at 8:06 PM, Gazc said:

Probably appeals as his average is attractive in a watered down league , i would be dissapointed if my team signed him.

No dis-respect to him but i have never been impressed any time i saw him albiet he was banging some big scores in towards the end of last season.

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

I have no idea what this is about, or what it’s doing in “Glasgow 2019” For me, the 2019 Championship is very similar to 2018 in overall team strength. I can’t see many if indeed any riders having an artificially increased average. 

Honestly 

It was in reference to a comment made by the expert on all things Glasgow and Speedway about the value of Rasmus Jensen in "this watered down league".

On Worky, they never lost as much as Glasgow (ever) however financially the promotion didn't have bottomless pockets. It's well documented on here...

Regards 

THJ 

6 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

It was in reference to a comment made by the expert on all things Glasgow and Speedway about the value of Rasmus Jensen in "this watered down league".

On Worky, they never lost as much as Glasgow (ever) however financially the promotion didn't have bottomless pockets. It's well documented on here...

Regards 

THJ 

The first paragraph seems to describe you to a tee. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

If Glasgow win the Play off final will there joy be tempered knowing really deep down that this is a "Watered Down League"

That they haven't really won the Championship title like Workington did last year (treble as it happens... H18tory...) in a much stronger league, but they have only won the play off final of a "Beefed Up" National Development League.

A watered down lesser product on the previous years Championship; after all what is the point of winning something if the whole product is watered down, getting excited over such a devalued product must surely take the edge off any glory that might be gleaned.

Worky may be gone but the glory will always remain of winning the Championship when it meant something not the Championship Light or the NDL + with cash to buy in the talent

Never mind if Glasgow take the 30 pieces of silver they can go into the Premiership next year which although "Watered Down" and is on a par with the Championship of last year; then they can have a pop at that and see if they can buy what basically Workington won on merit last year... H18tory...

Regards
THJ

This must be a wind up, if not I thought you were better than that Thj

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Well if you go back to my response to Fromafar I think you have sussed it 

Regards 

THJ 

40 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

Regards 

THJ 

Care to elaborate on the slur that Workington “never lost as much as Glasgow (ever)”? 

And please, be very careful about who you are accusing of what. As a one time director and co-owner of Glasgow Speedway, I know what I am talking about. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Gordon Pairman said:

Care to elaborate on the slur that Workington “never lost as much as Glasgow (ever)”? 

And please, be very careful about who you are accusing of what. As a one time director and co-owner of Glasgow Speedway, I know what I am talking about. 

Go back into the tread it's all self explanatory and been covered ad nauseam 

Regards 

THJ 

57 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Er och aye... 

Nah sorry Rabc deffo not guilty you have that crown...

Regards 

THJ 

The master of foot and mouth strikes again.

Rabc is a fair comparison at least he was funny and well your not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gordon Pairman said:

when did you cease trading as a Glasgow co owner ?

2 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Course it's a wind up it is what he does , as i say the master of foot and mouth.

• Thanks 1

Isn’t it absolutely crackers that I’ve logged back in almost 12 months later to find the EXACT same argument is still going! 

Surely not... :o:rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WorkyWorky said:

Isn’t it absolutely crackers that I’ve logged back in almost 12 months later to find the EXACT same argument is still going! 

Surely not... :o:rofl:

Yep and we all know were it's coming from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gazc said:

Yep and we all know were it's coming from.

Certainly not the witches... however Halloween is on its way ;)

If I’m totally honest, John will have carpal tunnel after typing all that rubbish... jeezzzz did you even come up for air!

...Bit like Gazc eating that pie! :D:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1