British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

4 minutes ago, WorkyWorky said:

Certainly not the witches... however Halloween is on its way ;)

If I’m totally honest, John will have carpal tunnel after typing all that rubbish... jeezzzz did you even come up for air!

...Bit like Gazc eating that pie! :D:lol:

It's still bitter :D.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, jenga said:

when did you cease trading as a Glasgow co owner ?

I was a co-owner of A & S Entertainments Ltd. A & S sold the promoting rights and other assets to a new company called Glasgow Tigers Speedway Limited (“GTSL”) which I think was 60% owned by Alun Biggart and 40% owned by me. After a year, I bought Alun out and became the sole owner. In due course, I sold the company to the current owners. 

I did not “cease trading” as you put it at any point. 

A&S was wound up by the owners when it was no longer required, all known debts having been settled. 

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Go back into the tread it's all self explanatory and been covered ad nauseam 

Regards 

THJ 

You have not answered my question. You choose to slander me and my former colleagues and then hide behind some nonsense. 

Please either justify your outrageous comment or apologise 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Gordon Pairman said:

You have not answered my question. You choose to slander me and my former colleagues and then hide behind some nonsense. 

Please either justify your outrageous comment or apologise 

Gordon

Pogue  Mahone

We have had conversations about this in the past at both Newcastle Workington and Kings Lynn if you cant be bothered to read the thread don't get your knickers in a twist at page 105. So I refer you back to my opening statement...

Pogue Mahone...

Regards 

THJ  

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Gordon

Pogue  Mahone

We have had conversations about this in the past at both Newcastle and Workington if you cant be bothered to read the thread don't get your knickers in a twist at page 105. So I refer you back to my opening statement...

Pogue Mahone...

Regards 

THJ  

A bet your favourite Christmas song is, 'Fairytale of New York'. ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Gordon

Pogue  Mahone

We have had conversations about this in the past at both Newcastle Workington and Kings Lynn if you cant be bothered to read the thread don't get your knickers in a twist at page 105. So I refer you back to my opening statement...

Pogue Mahone...

Regards 

THJ  

Your gross offence is unacceptable even if you try to hide it with crock Gaelic. 

Please be advised I do not take accusations of any form of financial impropriety lying down.

I give you a last chance to answer my question, thereby justifying what I consider to be a slanderous and thereby actionable remark. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gordon Pairman said:

I was a co-owner of A & S Entertainments Ltd. A & S sold the promoting rights and other assets to a new company called Glasgow Tigers Speedway Limited (“GTSL”) which I think was 60% owned by Alun Biggart and 40% owned by me. After a year, I bought Alun out and became the sole owner. In due course, I sold the company to the current owners. 

I did not “cease trading” as you put it at any point. 

A&S was wound up by the owners when it was no longer required, all known debts having been settled. 

isorry , i was not prying in your part of Glasgow speedways financial  stuff . it was just a genuine question , that was all .

Hi folks,  don't know what's going on here , thj can you find some other thread to haunt , your seemed obsession with all things Glasgow are becoming tiresome , yes you were having a boring day so you thought let's put the cat amongst the pigeons just for the fun of it . fair play but it seems you have offended a few folks and can't be bothered to apologise for your mischief, thought better of you.

33 minutes ago, Tigeratheart said:

Hi folks,  don't know what's going on here , thj can you find some other thread to haunt , your seemed obsession with all things Glasgow are becoming tiresome , yes you were having a boring day so you thought let's put the cat amongst the pigeons just for the fun of it . fair play but it seems you have offended a few folks and can't be bothered to apologise for your mischief, thought better of you.

To many "touchy" people who take things too personal and offer opinions as fact... trying to deride or shout down what others have to say with bully boy tactics... people allude to the facts that what they state is right, correct, close to the club or what the club mean, what a statement, adjudication or position is taken by the club, when in reality they (most not all) do not have one idea or clue as to what is going on or the reason behind any decision made and it's the hypocracy what spurs me on the constant  chastising and criticism of others who when it doesn't fit with the image that is trying to be portrayed find themselves rounded upon by the clique and the so called self appointed experts who think they can get away with making crass statements who I like to remind on every now and then what the truth actually is and if the humour and content is near to the bone then so be it... respond how you deem fit or laugh it off its your choice...  after all Edinburgh have had it off the Weegies for a long time now... but the positions have changed and all that is conveniently forgotten...

Someone once said...

On 9/28/2019 at 2:11 PM, ruffdiamond said:

am happy for you, but just because you don't like something, you don't have to keep quoting my posts,,,, as I am likely to reply to you, if you do :t:

And I think I agree with the sentiment of that post and there is certainly nothing to apologise for... unless you want to give me a specific point... and finally get over yourself there isn't any "obsession with all things Glasgow" there are a few who need to lose the chips off their shoulder and get rid of the persecution complex...

Lighten up not everyone in England votes Tory or wanted Brexit...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

To many "touchy" people who take things too personal and offer opinions as fact... trying to deride or shout down what others have to say with bully boy tactics... people allude to the facts that what they state is right, correct, close to the club or what the club mean, what a statement, adjudication or position is taken by the club, when in reality they (most not all) do not have one idea or clue as to what is going on or the reason behind any decision made and it's the hypocracy what spurs me on the constant  chastising and criticism of others who when it doesn't fit with the image that is trying to be portrayed find themselves rounded upon by the clique and the so called self appointed experts who think they can get away with making crass statements who I like to remind on every now and then what the truth actually is and if the humour and content is near to the bone then so be it... respond how you deem fit or laugh it off its your choice...  after all Edinburgh have had it off the Weegies for a long time now... but the positions have changed and all that is conveniently forgotten...

Someone once said...

And I think I agree with the sentiment of that post and there is certainly nothing to apologise for... unless you want to give me a specific point... and finally get over yourself there isn't any "obsession with all things Glasgow" there are a few who need to lose the chips off their shoulder and get rid of the persecution complex...

Lighten up not everyone in England votes Tory or wanted Brexit...

Regards 

THJ 

Yes you do , you canny fool us . And an obsession with Glasgow is perfectly understandable , because as I've said before - there are two types of speedway fan . Those who support Glasgow and those who wished they supported Glasgow . 

So you can deny it all you want , having a Tigers fixation is healthy and doesn't make you a bad person. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Paulco said:

Yes you do , you canny fool us . And an obsession with Glasgow is perfectly understandable , because as I've said before - there are two types of speedway fan . Those who support Glasgow and those who wished they supported Glasgow . 

So you can deny it all you want , having a Tigers fixation is healthy and doesn't make you a bad person. 

Ad rather vote SNP than Tory... I come from Shipbuilding stock and Satan's daughter (MT) decimated that industry in the 80's.... (never forgive them or her for that)

An aye av still got me Tigers beanie a won up there in a raffle a couple of year back which a wear on very special occasions... usually Newcastle's home match against the Monarchs (can't help me self).... closet Glasgow fan whose struggling to come out the closet? aye ya could be right.... a do have a soft spot for anything North of the Tyne...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling,

17 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

I have no idea what this is about, or what it’s doing in “Glasgow 2019” For me, the 2019 Championship is very similar to 2018 in overall team strength. I can’t see many if indeed any riders having an artificially increased average. 

Also, it’s a bit sad not to say sick using Workington 2018 as the yardstick for anything. Workington were, after all, serial late, sometimes very late payers - were they not barred from attending the 2017 AGM because they were so far behind with their rider payments?

I can’t remember how much Laura Morgan said she lost running the Comets but a figure in excess of half a million comes to mind. 

I feel sorry for the Workington supporters who must have believed that their winning run would guarantee financial stability, only then to have to face closure. 

Whatever any feels about Glasgow, it’s owners and it’s promotion, at least you know, win or lose, they pay their way. This is not a sport where anyone can buy success, but not should it be one where you have to sell everything you have to make ends meet. 

Honestly, do not feel sorry for us Worky fans, I would guarantee most of us wouldn't change a thing for what we accomplished in 2018. Won every single trophy on offer , going down in history , my did we go out with a bang :approve: . Sadly something Glasgow will have to wait yet another year to try and match , even with half a Comets team :D 1 last piece of silverware , scraped into the Grand Final which has taken that long to run , is anyone actually interested .....

Speedway in this country is dying on its arse , only a matter of time

• Like 5

17 hours ago, WorkyWorky said:

Isn’t it absolutely crackers that I’ve logged back in almost 12 months later to find the EXACT same argument is still going! 

Surely not... :o:rofl:

WOH! The 3rd "witch" has come out of hibernation to stir the pot(get it) ;). Nice to hear from you again but we will almost all be going back to slumberland after the season & AGM.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, jenga said:

isorry , i was not prying in your part of Glasgow speedways financial  stuff . it was just a genuine question , that was all .

No problem. Happy to explain my position. Much of it is a matter of public record anyway

It was an honour to be part of my home city club. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

WOH! The 3rd "witch" has come out of hibernation to stir the pot(get it) ;). Nice to hear from you again but we will almost all be going back to slumberland after the season & AGM.

Ahhhh yes ALMOST all Scorp ;) but we can count on those that don’t seem to sleep to keep this thread going until I catch up again next Halloween :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1