British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

20 hours ago, Gordon Pairman said:

No problem. Happy to explain my position. Much of it is a matter of public record anyway

It was an honour to be part of my home city club. 

Would you ever consider writing a book about your time in speedway? I'd like to see more after Woffinden's effort.

3 hours ago, JCookie said:

Would you ever consider writing a book about your time in speedway? I'd like to see more after Woffinden's effort.

When I was young and would ask my dad an awkward question, he’d reply “I’ll tell you when you’re 21” which, of course, he never did. 

Now when people ask me about my Speedway experiences, I say “You can read it in the book” which, of course, will never be written!

I’ve had some great times and met some amazing people but also had plenty of negatives which I’m happy to leave behind. I miss the fun, but not the back biting and the politics

• Like 3

So if Redcar progress on Saturday it’s Glasgow v Redcar next week with the away leg on Thursday - the same day as the Swindon v Ipswich match. Who has priority for Claus and Rasmus? 

I’d have said Glasgow as they rode for us first but seem to remember reading something about the Premiership taking priority. 

21 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

So if Redcar progress on Saturday it’s Glasgow v Redcar next week with the away leg on Thursday - the same day as the Swindon v Ipswich match. Who has priority for Claus and Rasmus? 

I’d have said Glasgow as they rode for us first but seem to remember reading something about the Premiership taking priority. 

If that tie comes to pass. Then Glasgow's away leg, would be on Friday the 18th of October.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gordon Pairman said:

When I was young and would ask my dad an awkward question, he’d reply “I’ll tell you when you’re 21” which, of course, he never did. 

Now when people ask me about my Speedway experiences, I say “You can read it in the book” which, of course, will never be written!

I’ve had some great times and met some amazing people but also had plenty of negatives which I’m happy to leave behind. I miss the fun, but not the back biting and the politics

The politics is the biggest turn off for many of us . Still the best sporting spectacle when it's done properly , which compensates for the few who strangle the sport with self interest . 

• Like 6

On 10/10/2019 at 3:53 PM, Gordon Pairman said:

The names could be changed to protect the guilty...

I mean the innocent... ;)

10 hours ago, mikebv said:

The names could be changed to protect the guilty...

I mean the innocent... ;)

Like Gordon Davide or Con Jook?!

Anyway, it’s been done by, amongst others, John Berry, the man who walked away from speedway with two million quid but lost it all as a Lloyds “name”. But that’s for chapter 21 :party:

• Haha 1

its not a Judge Rinder thread . stop telling stories on other people and concentrate on the speedway ...

6 hours ago, Gordon Pairman said:

Anyway, it’s been done by, amongst others, John Berry, the man who walked away from speedway with two million quid but lost it all as a Lloyds “name”. :party:

If you ever need to quote the word 'karma'.......

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 8:44 PM, mac101 said:

Redcar Friday Glasgow Saturday 

Friday means Cook can definitely ride as well as his sick line for Poole runs to the Thursday.  Assuming he is well enough to return obviously!