British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

Way too much..

As they become teenagers often their interests wains and 'other' things take over their lives...

And paying nothing for a kid, for say five years or so, till they reach eleven, then feels a huge leap to paying a tenner when they are twelve..

Thats an extra £40 a month to find, then add on the usual food and drink they consume and you have circa £80 a month extra to pay out..

That will reduce visits for many families I would suggest...

It really is a false economy as I am sure many more adults with teenagers would go more regularly if it was free...

Better to get £20 twenty times a season than £30 four or five..

And the more visits will hopefully sustain their interest into adulthood..

Simple answer is kids go free but accompanied by a paying adult, based on  1 adult 1 or 2 children

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Simple answer is kids go free but accompanied by a paying adult, based on  1 adult 1 or 2 children

Its no surprise that Isle of Wight do that and have done for several seasons (although I don't think the child needs the paying adult). 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Its no surprise that Isle of Wight do that and have done for several seasons (although I don't think the child needs the paying adult). 

The problem with no adult, is they run around all over the place making a pest of themselves

• Haha 1

It has also been stated that the increase in crowd levels were due to the amount of free tickets handed out. The were then hoping that these freebies would spend their money on food, drinks or merchandise.

4 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

The problem with no adult, is they run around all over the place making a pest of themselves

Some do it when they are (supposed to be) with an adult.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

It has also been stated that the increase in crowd levels were due to the amount of free tickets handed out. The were then hoping that these freebies would spend their money on food, drinks or merchandise.

Which is fine when that spending goes to the speedway club (and a sensible plan where it is the case)

Unfortunately it is a small minority of clubs that could attempt that strategy

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Which is fine when that spending goes to the speedway club (and a sensible plan where it is the case)

Unfortunately it is a small minority of clubs that could attempt that strategy

Even a club that charges a food unit a site rent on a speedway night will not receive anything, just make more profit/trade for the food unit. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

luckily there's usually plenty of room on the terraces.

plus you could always trip one up "accidentally"!

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

They have always done this, I remember doing it myself upwards of seventy years ago!

• Like 3

I really like and admire the way Glasgow promote there club and riders. I don't agree the way they spend money after admitting how much they have been looking but it's their money not mine.

The social media is great but I just don't see more fans returning. You have Cook again who brings fans in himself without any doubt. I was surprised at the numbers watching last season when Workington visited especially in the play off semi final. The crowd of that size does not pay the bills.

You had a winning team most of last season until Cook got injured so my point is even after all the superb promotion of the Tigers the goal is more fans through the turnstiles.

It not a dig in any way just that if Glasgow with the best rider in the league promoting the sport the way they do in a major massive city can not get enough fans through the turnstiles what hope have the rest of the club's ? 

One major problem was the fixture list last year or rather the lack of weekly fixtures. we also raced on Sundsays, Tuesday night and even a Saturday afternoon as well as our preferred Fridays. The crowds for some meetings were good and then it seemed to be weeks before we raced again as a team. I think a lot of momentum was lost and with Cooks injury, racing at short notice and on off nights plus the weather, the crowd did seem to drop of. Hopefully the meetings will be held on a weekly basis and on the same day - presumably Fridays? 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, H20 said:

the goal is more fans through the turnstiles.

It not a dig in any way just that if Glasgow with the best rider in the league promoting the sport the way they do in a major massive city can not get enough fans through the turnstiles what hope have the rest of the club's ? 

You could post this on every thread in every league because who rides where is of no interest to people in the real world ( outside of the speedway "bubble" ) who have never heard of the sport. And yes, if a free-spending, well-financed club like Glasgow can't pull in 2 - 3,000 fans to every match, certainly no-one else can anywhere in the UK.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cj69 said:

Luke Chessell signs. 

Thought it was a joke when people said Chessell was signing. Must've spent all the budget on cookie...