British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

1 hour ago, Argos said:

Worst reserves in the League  

Would put the Somerset reserves as the weakest so far not a lot of nl experience between them really also will depend how fit Luke chessals is come March he is a better riders than most of the 2 pointers that have teams already and Joe Lawlor on decent equipment will do ok having watched him a good few times in the nl this year it’s a shame the amount of times his bike chucked it while miles in front at Belle Vue and with cookie helping them it can’t be bad but as the old saying goes “to finish first you have to finish first “

11 hours ago, Tigerforever said:

Think you could be right there Manse, lesson learned for next year, wait until the AGM is over before signing riders.

Now you're just being silly.... :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

Why are people on here continuing to perpetuate this bitterness toward Glasgow? Speedway fans in the past have been like a family who can enjoy great banter, but recently this has descended into football-like hatred and is tending to create ill feeling. It's all been covered earlier on this thread but some people can't move on and are resurrecting the same old guff about what they "know" or "have heard" about how Glasgow run their business.  As I said before,  other clubs would similarly splash the cash had they Glasgow's wherewithal. It would be foolish for anyone to think otherwise.

Oh dry your eyes :rolleyes: poor Glasgow  ..yawn ..This unveiling video of Rasmus’s is taking sometime in the making , must be a blockbuster this one :D ...who is it ? Who can the last rider be ? The suspense :rofl: 

4 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Oh dry your eyes :rolleyes: poor Glasgow  ..yawn ..This unveiling video of Rasmus’s is taking sometime in the making , must be a blockbuster this one :D ...who is it ? Who can the last rider be ? The suspense :rofl: 

True,they could have made a remake of Ben hur the time it's taking, unless he's waiting for the cheque to clear

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Taylorj said:

8 hours ago, gregory peck said:

True,they could have made a remake of Ben hur the time it's taking, unless he's waiting for the cheque to clear

To be fair I really feel sorry for Laura Morgan, she has invested her compensation in good faith but sadly she has done so with the support of a lot of 'richards', fans with the IQ  that makes Baldrick look like prime minister material, but then again …….. Anyway lets not beet about the bush I really hope that Workington beet Glasgow at Workington 65-15 and then Worky go bust whith Ramus saying things like  I told you so.  And why would we believe worky fans  even if they are Honest  or do important jobs, after all how could we cope without a programme especially when its sold by such nice people

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

To be fair I really feel sorry for Laura Morgan, she has invested her compensation in good faith but sadly she has done so with the support of a lot of 'richards' not to mention the fans with the IQ  that makes Baldrick look like prime minister material, but then again …….. Anyway lets not beet about the bush I really hope that Workington beet Glasgow at Workington 65-15 and then Worky go bust whith Ramus saying things like  I told you so.  And why would believe worky fans  even if they are Honest  or do important jobs, after all how could we cope without a programme especially when its sold by such nice people

you overdosing with the sugar BEET again . we dont have the problem WHITH RAMUS moving on to bigger things . 

65..15 . now that would be nice . but ,  remember there are  90 points in a meeting total , not 80 .! ! .. ...... fancy saying workington would/could go bust . thats not nice . anyhow ,........... 

ENJOY YOUR N.L. TEAM IN 2020... cos thats where yer heading . and you may be able to squeeze Greg Hancock in with a brown envelope to the bspa lol.

and here come the triplets ..........

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Glasgow fans arent responsible for the signings, we read the same statements you do. Email the club if you are so aggrieved.

2 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Certainly in my case - and I suspect many others - its not a case of 'bitterness' at all. I suspect that some fans might be a little envious of the financial resources that Glasgow have but, as you rightly say, they would all want the same for their teams.

However, it sticks a little in my craw that in one minute you have the Glasgow owners spouting about 6 figure losses season on season and the possibility that 2019 might be the last one for the Tigers and then throwing huge sums of money about - and I don't think there's any doubt of that whatsoever - in building a team for the forthcoming year.

That, to me, seems to me to be the very point that many are making, and that's not 'bitterness', its merely condemning hypocrisy and irresponsibility.

The only people on here spouting their  - - - - -   are the Workington Richards and you Yes they said about the losses and they have do something to rectify these losses which  has already started . Now on to the h HUGE sums of money we are throwing about I await details.[answer it was a rumour I heard ]

Strange bunch these obsessed mentalist's from Cumbria , surely they must have fields to plough or witches covens to clean rather than slaver p*sh on here about Glasgow.

I am hopping off to work knowing that we really p*ss them off SADDO'S.  

• Like 1

Just now, MANSE said:

The only people on here spouting their  - - - - -   are the Workington Richards and you Yes they said about the losses and they have do something to rectify these losses which  has already started . Now on to the h HUGE sums of money we are throwing about I await details.[answer it was a rumour I heard ]

You seem to forget those little words called 'friends' 'pals' which I know some of us Worky fans are with Rasmus and have been for quite a few years, maybe old codgers like your good self don't partake in Facebook Messenger , Snapchat,  Instagram you know communications, the wonderful world of social media  ?? Thought not :rolleyes: . I won't go into details the conversations on here , I don't blame Rasmus , he's a young man making a living he was bound to grab that massive carrot , in fact been on his hols lately too so possibly only half of it left :lol: so as for your rumours crap , quashed that one too ...Now onto to our youngest rider , again close friends , he went to school with my daughter , know the family really well, a massive carrot but decided to shun the millionaires and stay loyal to his home town and fans . You have your team and we have ours , it is what is and deep down even you know why your promotion get on everyone's t**ts .. But Merry Christmas and all that , enjoy watching Cookie a lap ahead with Sarjeant and the two 2 pointers like rabbits in headlights behind that , good luck marra you're gona need it :approve: :drink:

2 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

You seem to forget those little words called 'friends' 'pals' which I know some of us Worky fans are with Rasmus and have been for quite a few years, maybe old codgers like your good self don't partake in Facebook Messenger , Snapchat,  Instagram you know communications, the wonderful world of social media  ?? Thought not :rolleyes: . I won't go into details the conversations on here , I don't blame Rasmus , he's a young man making a living he was bound to grab that massive carrot , in fact been on his hols lately too so possibly only half of it left :lol: so as for your rumours crap , quashed that one too ...Now onto to our youngest rider , again close friends , he went to school with my daughter , know the family really well, a massive carrot but decided to shun the millionaires and stay loyal to his home town and fans . You have your team and we have ours , it is what is and deep down even you know why your promotion get on everyone's t**ts .. But Merry Christmas and all that , enjoy watching Cookie a lap ahead with Sarjeant and the two 2 pointers like rabbits in headlights behind that , good luck marra you're gona need it :approve: :drink:

You on here again dafty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

You seem to forget those little words called 'friends' 'pals' which I know some of us Worky fans are with Rasmus and have been for quite a few years,

At last I can now understand why rasmus would want to leave Workington 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

A massive carrot to Bickley we offered about 6 other 2 point riders MONEY 

• Confused 2

Time to put this nonsense to bed . Does it really matter what other fans think of our club or it's custodians . We're the ones turning up for home meetings and the occasional away ones , not them . 

If we're hated , so be it , i wont lose any sleep over it . 

• Like 4