British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Cook is taking a chance with appeal ,might miss the important stuff at end of season.Unless they know more than they are telling.

Hope Cook is successful with his appeal, another appeal rejected and one not bothering, a wonder why ?

20 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

I think he could perhaps be trying to get out on a technicality along the lines of if it was noted by the ref on the night that punches were thrown, then why was free to carry on racing?

He obviously isn't innocent of violent conduct or whatever the rule stated as he plainly did what the rule mentioned so it can only be a challenge on procedures not being followed correctly or something like that.

You're talking bollox!!!  Who the hell do you think you are to dictate what the bleedin law is and/or the facts - that's the job of the authorities and for the hearing itself - let them do your job.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BigBoaby said:

You're talking bollox!!!  Who the hell do you think you are to dictate what the bleedin law is and/or the facts - that's the job of the authorities and for the hearing itself - let them do your job.

Scuse me ?  Dictating ?  Get a grip.

The facts are that punches were thrown.  Did you read the original press release where it said what rule was breached.

Other than a technicality how on earth is he getting away with punches thrown ?  Enlighten me 

Edited by The Doctor...

55 minutes ago, BigBoaby said:

What about simply the sole reason why most people want a full hearing....  if he considers he is innocent of the charge, he has evidence to back it up, and for those reasons confident that he will be cleared.

If I was innocent and had the evidence to back it up I sure would appeal it and for those speculating anything except the obvious reason then let them go figure.

There has to be a Technicality .:rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Doctor... said:

Scuse me ?  The facts are that punches were thrown.  Did you read the original press release where it said what rule was breached.

Other than a technicality how on earth is he getting away with punches thrown ?  Enlighten me 

Let the authorities deal with it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigBoaby said:

Calm doon maan !,,, am sure there is a reason for an appeal ;)

• Haha 1

Just now, Fromafar said:

There has to be a Technicality .:rolleyes:

Maybe not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Calm doon maan !,,, am sure there is a reason for an appeal ;)

I'm as cool as a freezer me.  Reason for the appeal - yeah sure there is mate.  B)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BigBoaby said:

Let the authorities deal with it.

So your rant was just a rant then.  He threw punches, therefore that rule from the original statement was breached. 

It can only be a procedural technicality he is appealing on. 

1 minute ago, The Doctor... said:

So your rant was just a rant then.  He threw punches, therefore that rule from the original statement was breached. 

It can only be a procedural technicality he is appealing on. 

No idea what you're talking about mate.  I only said let the authorities deal with it.

6 minutes ago, BigBoaby said:

No idea what you're talking about mate.  I only said let the authorities deal with it.

You said "You're talking bollox!!!  Who the hell do you think you are to dictate what the bleedin law is and/or the facts "

I was there, i know the facts.  The authorities have already dealt with it.  

5 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

You said "You're talking bollox!!!  Who the hell do you think you are to dictate what the bleedin law is and/or the facts "

I was there, i know the facts.  The authorities have already dealt with it.  

Well you were taking bollox so fair enough.  They have not finished dealing with it - there is an appeal and a full hearing - so let the authorities deal with it.

You mention punches being thrown, however nothing reported regarding Cook on that particular line.  Above all else though - let the authorities deal with it.

Or are you above the authorities.  Appears you think you are.

Edited by BigBoaby
  • Haha 1

Just now, BigBoaby said:

Well you were taking bollox so fair enough.  The have not finished dealing with it - there is an appeal and a full hearing - so let the authorities deal with it.

You mention punches being thrown, however nothing reported regarding Cook on that particular line.  Above all else though - let the authorities deal with it.

Or are you above the authorities.  Appears you think you are.

Anyone can pass comment ?  Since when do we have to keep silent because something is ongoing ?  

Punches were thrown, so don't try to be clever - the rule is there saying about any act that is violent, etc - i think the punches fit that criteria.

I love how you're all protective of him and that - i'd be the same if it was one of my teams riders - however you need to get your head round the fact there is gonna be discussion.

2 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Anyone can pass comment ?  Since when do we have to keep silent because something is ongoing ?  

Punches were thrown, so don't try to be clever - the rule is there saying about any act that is violent, etc - i think the punches fit that criteria.

I love how you're all protective of him and that - i'd be the same if it was one of my teams riders - however you need to get your head round the fact there is gonna be discussion.

There has been discussion , must have missed this were.:D