British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

We must be doing another pre-season , sod's law weather to be glorious and nothing on.

I would lay odds on rain next week though.

Edited by Gazc

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

We must be doing another pre-seaon , sod's law weather to be glorious and nothing on.

I would lay odds on rain next week though.

Plus the crowds were building up nicely and the racing was top notch. Will be a month since the last home match at this rate. just hope the lads don't get caught cold when we return next week weather permitting! 

53 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Plus the crowds were building up nicely and the racing was top notch. Will be a month since the last home match at this rate. just hope the lads don't get caught cold when we return next week weather permitting! 

Not ideal but not much you can do about the weather but it is very frustrating seeing this weekends forecast.

Being a bank holiday weekend getting anyone to agree to come up would have been slim to none.

17 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Not ideal but not much you can do about the weather but it is very frustrating seeing this weekends forecast.

Being a bank holiday weekend getting anyone to agree to come up would have been slim to none.

Plus Mr Maximum Is away GP Challenging this weekend 

Craig's adventure to qualify for the GPs is over. I wonder how much his injury has affected him plus the Eastbourne stushie. However he did win one race beating Vaculik, Fricke and Pavlic. He also beat Iversen, Lambert and Bellego. Some good scalps seeing as Iversen and Fricke both qualified. On the other hand he must have got the set up wrong in his first race as he finished last with Chris Harris even beating him for 3rd. So a good effort from our captain. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 8/25/2019 at 8:30 AM, SharpenRake said:

Craig's adventure to qualify for the GPs is over. I wonder how much his injury has affected him plus the Eastbourne stushie. However he did win one race beating Vaculik, Fricke and Pavlic. He also beat Iversen, Lambert and Bellego. Some good scalps seeing as Iversen and Fricke both qualified. On the other hand he must have got the set up wrong in his first race as he finished last with Chris Harris even beating him for 3rd. So a good effort from our captain. 

It is all about wrong set up with the Brits:rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It is all about wrong set up with the Brits:rolleyes:

Why do British 'fans' seem to think only UK riders have problems with set ups. I assume you watched Smektala highly thought of young Pole plus others struggle at Ashfield when Cook went through the card unbeaten in the grand prix qualifier. I

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Why do British 'fans' seem to think only UK riders have problems with set ups. I assume you watched Smektala highly thought of young Pole plus others struggle at Ashfield when Cook went through the card unbeaten in the grand prix qualifier. I

Where did I say it was only the Brits.I watched Smetala,dont know  the reasons why he didn’t practice or limited practice if he was there in time ,and he did struggle for set up but he had never ridden at Ashfield.Harris has ridden all over theContinent for many years and “ supposedly “ still struggles.Cook didn’t beat the lesser riders later on though!

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Where did I say it was only the Brits.I watched Smetala,dont know  the reasons why he didn’t practice or limited practice if he was there in time ,and he did struggle for set up but he had never ridden at Ashfield.Harris has ridden all over theContinent for many years and “ supposedly “ still struggles.Cook didn’t beat the lesser riders later on though!

Don’t think smetala had his own bikes at Ashfield and took him a few rides to sus the bike out 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Where did I say I was referring to you. I was making a general point. Also my specific comment about set ups and Harris beating Cookie was a 'joke' as that is the reason Harris uses when he does badly :rolleyes:

A bad workman always blames his tools.

or, the quality of the materials.

Edited by ruffdiamond

20 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Where did I say I was referring to you. I was making a general point. Also my specific comment about set ups and Harris beating Cookie was a 'joke' as that is the reason Harris uses when he does badly :rolleyes:

You Quoted my Post:rolleyes: so I took it you were including me;)

Wow! What a read. Had the a few debates with the Mr Doc but he knows his Speedway, which is what this forums intends. In fact I’d love to have a beer talking Speedway with the Doc, It’s all about opinions. Sadly I fell out with a member through a complete misunderstanding, as this appears.