British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

28 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Cookie could miss play offs when his ban kicks in.

Very hard to undo it when the other two riders have served theirs.

pretty obvious that Cook appealed so that he went to Qualifier race fit rather than stone cold and it has backfired.

Now Glasgow and Kings Lynn will suffer for his petulance and arrogance. 

Would have been better to have served his ban like Vissing and Kennett and got some rest to his wrist and some practice on similar tracks to Qualifier.

Doubt he'll ever qualify for a full SGP season again as others improving across Europe and World all the time.

Lambert is only realistic SGP option we have over next 3-4 years.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Cookie could miss play offs when his ban kicks in.

Very hard to undo it when the other two riders have served theirs.

Don’t think that’s will happen.

Cook is nothing better than a decent CL/PL rider, he will never make it in the GP's thank god we don't have to watch him struggling at the back next season ! Couldn;'t even make it in Poland :D He's a complete tool who thinks he's better than he is , totally unprofessional as showed again yesterday at Belle Vue lets hope his ban kicks in soon and he serves it like Vissing and kennett did

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jamlad said:

Cook is nothing better than a decent CL/PL rider, he will never make it in the GP's thank god we don't have to watch him struggling at the back next season ! Couldn;'t even make it in Poland :D He's a complete tool who thinks he's better than he is , totally unprofessional as showed again yesterday at Belle Vue lets hope his ban kicks in soon and he serves it like Vissing and kennett did

He speaks highly of you as well

• Like 1

Whoever thought the signing of MBA was a good idea to replace Sarj must be deluded.

This signing has to go down as one of the worst signings i can remember in recent times , the injury to Starke and this signing has put as from a good team to a mediocre one at best.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Gazc said:

Whoever thought the signing of MBA was a good idea to replace Sarj must be deluded.

This signing has to go down as one of the worst signings i can remember in recent times , the injury to Starke and this signing has put as from a good team to a mediocre one at best.

Perhaps it's a cunning plan to get him to reserve and then the true MBA will appear, 7 rides and double figures in the playoffs . OK I've had a few beers but wouldn't it be good if I was right for once 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gazc said:

The bottom four are fragile. We changed Sarjeant as the team owners thought the middle of the team was softening. Its positively mush now. Bailey cant take any of the heat as he's only three months into UK speedway and Bickley is only in his second full CL season. He has tailed off after a good start but young riders are often inconsistent, just look at Bewley still. Sam Jensen is in the team at the wrong time, he has shown potential in the match at Leicester however we cant groom a young rider in a struggling team whilst we are at the business end of the season. Next year he should be a serious consideration though for now we need Starke back pronto.

Speculation on here that Cook will have his appeal heard on Friday, not sure how true that is, we should be kept aware via the SCB website which hasn't had an update since 15 August. If he does get banned that adds another layer of difficulty altogether. 

Edited by MD

17 minutes ago, MD said:

The bottom four are fragile. We changed Sarjeant as the team owners thought the middle of the team was softening. Its positively mush now. Bailey cant take any of the heat as he's only three months into UK speedway and Bickley is only in his second full CL season. He has tailed off after a good start but young riders are often inconsistent, just look at Bewley still. Sam Jensen is in the team at the wrong time, he has shown potential in the match at Leicester however we cant groom a young rider in a struggling team whilst we are at the business end of the season. Next year he should be a serious consideration though for now we need Starke back pronto.

Speculation on here that Cook will have his appeal heard on Friday, not sure how true that is, we should be kept aware via the SCB website which hasn't had an update since 15 August. If he does get banned that adds another layer of difficulty altogether. 

Should be 12 day ban plus whatever they add on for the fact he has no new evidence and was just a stunt to get him in to GP Qualifier race fit and CLRC at which he made a complete muppet of himself and his Club. Hence the reception by fans of every other Club.

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

When is this appeal going to be heard! this season maybe

Friday. Source: Daily Star

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, HGould said:

Should be 12 day ban plus whatever they add on for the fact he has no new evidence and was just a stunt to get him in to GP Qualifier race fit and CLRC at which he made a complete muppet of himself and his Club. Hence the reception by fans of every other Club.

Get over yourself, if he gets banned he gets banned, you'll be pi55ing yourself regardless.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, HGould said:

I think it will be overturned.  It shouldn't, but i think it will be.  

32 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

I think it will be overturned.  It shouldn't, but i think it will be.  

For the benefit of Kings lynn and Glasgow not the actual sport.

19 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

For the benefit of Kings lynn and Glasgow not the actual sport.

No opinion on that from me, i think there was a procedural cock up on the night which will get him off. 

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Friday. Source: Daily Star

Wednesday was mentioned last night at Berwick