British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

30 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

So has the non Brit min 4 average rule been scrapped as well then.....

Even on a 4, he'd be better than Bacon on a 3

I'd go with something like:

1. H.Andersen 7.56

2. Palm Toft 5.65

3. Lawson 6.81

4. R.Worrall 5.81

5. Iversen 7.36

6. Wilson-Dean 5.22

7. Grondal 4.00

Ave: 42.41

Strength in depth and far easier to find replacements for injury. If you have a big hitting No1 like Doyle, replacements become impossible and promoters then look to remove 3 or 4 rider's to make things fit. As a return to the top flight a solid throughout approach gives a far greater scope to improve over the season.

22 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Probably at this time

Bacon was one of if not the most improved riders in the Championship in 2018 - a great shame he ended up on the injured list

Given that Id say he would be better in the 2nd tier again next year but if he comes back strong after the injury could well be capable of a breakthrough to the next level

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BluPanther said:

Bacon's last six away scores were 9+2,  6+1, 12+2, 1, 6+1, 14. That's not too shoddy ....

Championship level though. I hope he does well as a Brit rising talent, rivalry aside. New names in the top league is a good thing. But if he scored 2 (earned) points away in the top league then as a number 7 newbie he has done well. At home he may score well enough like lambert did at lynn.

59 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Not a chance, Bacon every time.

• Like 5

Have not seen anywhere that Palm Toft or Iversen and Jorgensenare are  keen to ride for Peterbro  they might want to stay at Lynn   and I would have a guess that they would want them

but it will be up to them   

• Like 1

i've a feeling Niels might move on

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alan_Jones said:

There's no such rule.

The rule was put in last year so if Zagar, Woffinden etc that had sub 8 averages could only return on 8.00 minimum. That's why Vaculik came in on 8.00 but as Chris Holder had ridden here in 2017 he was allowed to keep his 7.16 average.

now he has missed a season, I would have thought he now has to be assessed at 8.00 just as others were.

• Like 1

What would remain points limit wise if Bachelor, K Bjerre, BWD & Nicholls began the Panthers team building process?

Edited by Col

6 minutes ago, Col said:

What would remain points limit wise if Bachelor, K Bjerre, BWD & Nicholls began the Panthers team building process?

Allen a lot better rider than Wilson dean ,with an his average he will be in a few teams plans I think

On 10/27/2018 at 9:29 AM, Crump99 said:

As you'll appreciate from the first line I didn't realise that I was dealing with Exidor and that THJ was a pseudonym, although it does now make my evaluation correct.

Here's one of his classic quotes which shows why knowing when to take your ball home is an acquired skill:

Exidor: I realized that my faith had been misplaced and I began my quest for truth. I tried Buddhism, Catholicism, Judaism, Punch-and-Judy-ism, but nothing worked for me until I found speedway!

Oh, and as I just scanned this page for THJ posts: " And a bet ya did read it all... you little tinker... that post... you read it all... at least that's what everyone is thinking anyway." - wrong as usual. Looking at your replies on here or anywhere come to that I don't want to see anymore of your dross and vitriol so I'll stick you in the moron section (ignore list as it's know on the system). Feel free to say shazbot and reply this time Johnboy because you're history :t:

On 10/29/2018 at 12:04 AM, Crump99 said:

If you've not used the ignore function then it's worth the effort. All you see is a single line saying " You've chosen to ignore content by TotallyHonestJohn" - wonderful invention 

19 hours ago, Crump99 said:

You're always tempted to open a post out of curiosity but it usually only confirms why one doesn't bother to read the diatribe on a regular basis. Excellent contribution of drivel as per usual sir, I feel that you're overdue for your visit to nurse Ratched for your medication :icon_smile_clown:

Hey Grumpy Crumpy99, your not allowed to have a moan you put me on the naughty step remember; back on the 27th of October, That didn't last long did it,  You were far to important to read anything I was posting, you stated I will apply the ignore button because I am an an anally retentive dinosaur was what you come back with. Does this mean I am back on the team you old wind-bag.

However to your credit it is nice seeing you getting with the programme, having a go at quoting from "Mork and Mindy" then there was the snide slight that I let pass where you quoted "Blackadder", (yes I seen it) and although you are a bit old to be classed as a "Padawan" there is hope that your sphincter might be slackening off. Impressive to say the least Padawan.

However you must work on your context old boy as my Avatar picture is from "The Shining" your Nurse Mildred Ratched  jibe who is a fictional character and the main antagonist of Jack Nicholson in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" is not the same movie. Although it is relatable to Jack Nicholson I suppose, so grudging kudos to you for that as you are trawling the internet looking for the barbed return and at least doing some research and I appreciate that, honestly; and I suppose it keeps you off the "Dark Web" and keeps the old grey matter working and the synapses firing.

I honestly think you are getting a twinge over this and enjoy it really; as it fits in with your "Victor Meldrew Syndrome",(yes its a real syndrome) so keep up the good work and I will now assume I am off the naughty step and the ignore button has been unchecked for the moment unless otherwise informed of course you pompous old apple tart..

Regards and Lots of Love and Kisses (cos you luuurve me)
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
missed out key words
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Hey Grumpy Crumpy99, your not allowed to have a moan you put me on the naughty step remember; back on the 27th of October, That didn't last long did it,  You were far to important to read anything I was posting, you stated I will apply the ignore button because I am an an anally retentive dinosaur was what you come back with. Does this mean I am back on the team you old wind-bag.

However to your credit it is nice seeing you getting with the programme, having a go at quoting from "Mork and Mindy" then there was the snide slight that I let pass where you quoted "Blackadder", (yes I seen it) and although you are a bit old to be classed as a "Padawan" there is hope that your sphincter might be slackening off. Impressive to say the least Padawan.

However you must work on your context old boy as my Avatar picture is from "The Shining" your Nurse Mildred Ratched  jibe who is a fictional character and the main antagonist of Jack Nicholson in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" is not the same movie. Although it is relatable to Jack Nicholson I suppose, so grudging kudos to you for that as you are trawling the internet looking for the barbed return and at least doing some research and I appreciate that, honestly; and I suppose it keeps you off the "Dark Web" and keeps the old grey matter working and the synapses firing.

I honestly think you are getting a twinge over this and enjoy it really; as it fits in with your "Victor Meldrew Syndrome",(yes its a real syndrome) so keep up the good work and I will now assume I am off the naughty step and the ignore button has been unchecked for the moment unless otherwise informed of course you pompous old apple tart..

Regards and Lots of Love and Kisses (cos you luuurve me)
THJ

What makes you think that people want to read your drivel when the forum is for people to chat about Peterborough speedway?

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Sully said:

What makes you think that people want to read your drivel when the forum is for people to chat about Peterborough speedway?

Well obviously you have you plum and you have dignified it with a reply!!! Doh!!!

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Now waiting for season ticket prices and hope that for once they reflect the up front commitment.

Under Chapman ownership - lol - you’ll be lucky!!!!