British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

So what night are the panthers going to run. Thursdays or the graveyard monday, or maybe a combination of the two.

Still think that Buster will be the money man and will dictate who gets paid what, hes not going to give Rathbone and Louis a free reign and as Louis has said there is no financial gamble for him  involved in running Ipswich now the same no doubt for Rathbone, they may tell him who they think will do a good job but he will have the last say as the owner 

Just now, Racin Jason 72 said:

As a Ipswich fan I’m very concerned about our new owner. How do you panthers fans feel about it.  You all seem quite positive. 

We are positive because we are running next season which again was put in jeopardy.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Yup I thought so. Panthers just relieved to be alive.  However , Witches in Shock..unexpected & to the enemy!!

1 minute ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

As a Ipswich fan I’m very concerned about our new owner. How do you panthers fans feel about it.  You all seem quite positive. 

We were in a different position as there was a chance of the club not running with Rathbone wanting out so I guess most are just happy that we’re running. I feel uneasy about it all and would like a decent statement from Rathbone as a lot of questions unanswered regarding the whole situation. Comments at the end of last season suggested travelling and the future direction of the sport were his reasons for wanting out. New owner doesn’t change that so would be nice to know why it’s changed and how he’s going to work with chapman which from the outside always looked like a bad relationship between the two, particularly after the whole Jack Hilder mess. 

• Like 3

As far as the team goes though, a line up including Hans, J Holder, BWD and buzz would do me nicely. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

It is what it is. I think Buster has saved the Prem as well as keeping one club going, and maybe 2( Don't know what was going on at Ippo) . I'm pretty sure he has done it in the interest of the sport. I suspect there is a buy back clause in there somewhere. No doubt Buster will have a wage limit, but he said Chris will carry on so I don't think theres a worry of fixing meetings, if that's your worry. Buster wouldn't want that and Chris would never agree, and i'm sure he can't wait to get one over the Stars.

Looking forward to it.

• Like 3

Until there is any action that suggests otherwise I'm happy to take the positives from the situation

We have all 3 teams in the same league and at the current highest level - 2019 could be a great year and one to remember for all the right reasons

• Like 3

Just now, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Until there is any action that suggests otherwise I'm happy to take the positives from the situation

We have all 3 teams in the same league and at the current highest level - 2019 could be a great year and one to remember for all the right reasons

Lets hope so :t:

• Like 2

It could of been Matt Ford  :blink:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 1

1 Kasprzak 

2 Wright 

3 Andersen 

4 Bjerre 

5 Iversen 

6 Pickering 

7 Shanes 

Edited by Flappy

23 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

It could of been Matt Ford  :blink:

Then you would have been really on the up !!!:D 

• Haha 1

I am not happy with Chapman taking over but better that than club folding. Some things do not sit right with  me with Rathbone continuing although he had said one of the factors in him selling up was due to time and travel, also in the not too distant past Chapman said that he was getting fed up with or wanted out of Speedway

28 minutes ago, Flappy said:

1 Kasprzak 

2 Wright 

3 Andersen 

4 Bjerre 

5 Iversen 

6 Pickering 

7 Shanes 

That has the potential to be a very very good team. Top 5 is dirty to say the least.