British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

17 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I know if I owned three clubs Ipswich would be my priority and I’d have great delight in giving the other two poorer teams.  

You've had a better team then us last two years & we've still won more than you.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:20 PM, wealdstone said:

About time we saw some action on team building, team manager and season ticket prices ( hopefully they will for once be value for money)

Hardly encouraging signs from Ged to say he's considering rider options for 2019 and will be sharing the news in the new year , should be keeping fans up to date and getting them interested and enthusiastic for the new season and not shutting off from parting with any news until a later date , already the 200 club has been halted until things where sorted promotion wise and maybe some of those people who have been willingly participating over the past few seasons will be reluctant  to re-join with little news being imparted from the promotion who can blame them ,

,promoting means you have to win the fans over , not standing still and think people will switch on just when it suits. Fans need to be kept up date and not given the mushroom effect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

7 teams is hardly a league anyway but point taken.

It was fine last year - one of the closest competitions for years!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

It depends how you judge it. Far too few meetings for me with only 7 teams.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Crump99 said:

7 teams is hardly a league anyway but point taken.

But the Polish Extraliga is marvellous with it's 8 whole teams!! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ray c said:

there may not been a premiership league if buster had not stepped in ?

Delaying the inevitable - or prolonging the agony!

2 hours ago, Trees said:

But the Polish Extraliga is marvellous with it's 8 whole teams!! 

Says who? If it's marvellous it'll be more to do with stadium, crowds, atmosphere and the quality of the riders on show but you probably think Kings Lynn has that all anyway!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I'm assuming that Poole won.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Hardly encouraging signs from Ged to say he's considering rider options for 2019 and will be sharing the news in the new year , should be keeping fans up to date and getting them interested and enthusiastic for the new season and not shutting off from parting with any news until a later date , already the 200 club has been halted until things where sorted promotion wise and maybe some of those people who have been willingly participating over the past few seasons will be reluctant  to re-join with little news being imparted from the promotion who can blame them ,

,promoting means you have to win the fans over , not standing still and think people will switch on just when it suits. Fans need to be kept up date and not given the mushroom effect.

That’s how kings lynn did it last season. 1 announcement a week pretty much. You guys are top league on a budget. You will have a competitive team but I don’t see any expensive signings. I see a team with strength in depth with riders the big spenders overlook. That’s not a negative. Lynn last season were predicted to finish last. But t means holding out a bit for other teams to fill up so riders have fewer options in negotiations. Makes sense

43 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

That’s how kings lynn did it last season. 1 announcement a week pretty much. You guys are top league on a budget. You will have a competitive team but I don’t see any expensive signings. I see a team with strength in depth with riders the big spenders overlook. That’s not a negative. Lynn last season were predicted to finish last. But t means holding out a bit for other teams to fill up so riders have fewer options in negotiations. Makes sense

Then Peterborough are going into the premier league just to prop the others up is that what you are saying , if so they are going into it for the wrong reasons and I don't think   fans will see this in an enthusiastic light . If they are going into the premier league surely you have to be competitive and get best riders to  fill teams not wait for others to sort there positions and then be left with crumbs off the plate, I just get the feeling Peterborough and Ipswich are just make waits  for the survival of the premier league for another year .

18 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

I think you make some good points, 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

It's not a worry at all. Your whole 7 could already be done. With Buster as owner he likes the whole team to be announced at supporters meetings or after the new year. This helps with the build up to the new season.

Absolutely no need to panic :t:

So what else do you need, surely not press releases daily?

The AGM was only last week and you've already had news that you're moving up a division, Buster owns ya a$$ and Ged is looking at rider's.

Keep calm ya mardy bunch :D;)

Edited by Daniel Smith
  • Haha 1

1. Matej Zagar 7.48

2. Scott Nichols 6.65

3. Krzysztof Buckzkowski 6.02

4. Niels K Iversen 7.36

5. Jack Holder 7.39

6. Simon Lambert 3.00

7. Jake Allen 4.59

42.50. Yes please! 

could well  be favourites! the two reserves would be there all season,are you happy with that? i sort of like the system where one reserve can regularly alternate with someone from the 1-5