British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

17 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

For me, Peterborough will be team to beat. 

They have assembled a great team TBF. It's going to be a fun season watching them 7 all year 

There seems to be that many variations of teams about but if starke and barker are at reserve it will take some beating

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, hans fan said:

There seems to be that many variations of teams about but if starke and barker are at reserve it will take some beating

Not starke no. But barker is at reserve apparently 

So I'm guessing if the Brits get a 2.5% reduction, we could be looking at:

Harris 7.58

Wright 5.14

Bjerre 7.03

Cook 7.53

Hans 7.38

Shanes 3.24

Barker 4.58

Could have a reserve upto 3.26, Shanes seems a good fit, rides the track well, but sure will have a lot of offers!

9 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

So I'm guessing if the Brits get a 2.5% reduction, we could be looking at:

Harris 7.58

Wright 5.14

Bjerre 7.03

Cook 7.53

Hans 7.38

Shanes 3.24

Barker 4.58

Could have a reserve upto 3.26, Shanes seems a good fit, rides the track well, but sure will have a lot of offers!

If thats the team buster better have deep deep pockets 

6 hours ago, PE7Panther said:

I'd be V. happy with that line-up. :t:

BigCatDiary seems to be saying that BW-D qualifies for a reduction (?) - in which case Ben Barker could fit.

Or.... if Panthers went with K.Bjerre or NK.Iversen instead of Cook, it'd give a bit more to play with at reserve and (if my sums are correct) BB would fit.   

Either way it'd be a strong team;  hard to beat at the EoES and capable of picking up plenty of points away too. 

I haven't felt so upbeat about a forthcoming season for ages - and I'm sure that goes for every Panthers fan. :party: 

Sorry no not yet - only two signings announced and I’m hoping I will feel more upbeat once more are known.   Very pleased to have binned afternoon racing though - I hate it - Speedway needs to be under lights.  Fans have posted some good suggested line-ups on here and I hope one of them is close. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, hans fan said:

If thats the team buster better have deep deep pockets 

He may have deep pockets but from what I am hearing he has very short arms! :)

• Haha 6

Peterborough are getting a cut of the money Busters saving by not giving much to Ipswich 

Edited by scoobydoo

7 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Peterborough are getting a cut of the money Busters saving by not giving much to Ipswich 

That's what it feels like:(

Is it really in Buster’s interest to build a power house team at any of his 3 venue’s? Surely he wants close exciting meetings.   No good having a strong team at Boro and packing the place if no sod turns up at Foxhall or Saddlebow.

i would suggest he wants 3 evenly balanced sides 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, semion said:

Is it really in Buster’s interest to build a power house team at any of his 3 venue’s? Surely he wants close exciting meetings.   No good having a strong team at Boro and packing the place if no sod turns up at Foxhall or Saddlebow.

i would suggest he wants 3 evenly balanced sides 

In reality I would hope and expect you are correct in that assumption - it just doesnt feel that way at the moment

When all the 1-7s are complete we will be able to properly judge the situation

Until then a little banter doesnt hurt.....:)

Still think that any sponsors money makes up the difference. 

Buster couldnt turn around and say i will share it out evenly across the three teams he would obviously risk losing it otherwise

49 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Still think that any sponsors money makes up the difference. 

Buster couldnt turn around and say i will share it out evenly across the three teams he would obviously risk losing it otherwise

Wonder if we are to continue to be known as the T-Balfe Panthers - does anyone know? 

1 hour ago, maneacat said:

Wonder if we are to continue to be known as the T-Balfe Panthers - does anyone know? 

Not heard anything about sponsorship at all, not sure when the two year deal is up and even more uncertain of it's continuation now that we have new owners of the club and what effects it will have , but I would hope they are willing to carry on with there excellent support that they have already given to the club as it is valued highly for there help. Regardless which ever way they choose to go , I think we should thank them for the way they have supported the club in there quest to lay foundations for the clubs future.

• Like 3

Is Buzzkowski still riding?