British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

40 minutes ago, ray c said:

looks like a walk in the park for Peterborough next season :t:

Nothing is won on paper but an encouraging start and a team full of entertainment so far

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sully said:

Nothing is won on paper but an encouraging start and a team full of entertainment so far

it does sound expensive though don't you think 

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

it does sound expensive though don't you think 

I think Craig will have re-aligned his income expectations more in line with Buster's thinking, after the prospect of not having a ride in the top division. Don't think the team is anywhere near as expensive as you may think

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wtf said:

I think Craig will have re-aligned his income expectations more in line with Buster's thinking, after the prospect of not having a ride in the top division. Don't think the team is anywhere near as expensive as you may think

the thing is how do you define expensive ?

11 minutes ago, wtf said:

Geds Rathbone has always maintained he budgets sensibly and won’t break the bank for excessive demands for riders or guests, I don’t doubt that will continue despite the fact that Buster is paying the bills next year.

• Like 2

Glad for Craig. Can earn some good money now. He’ll have a great year. 

Edited by ouch
  • Like 1

Good luck to Cookie at Peterborough,

Looking forward to giving him a great reception when he returns to the NSS

• Like 1

Panthers fans are in for some successful but late nights as the number of restarts  will be huge at Peterborough next year with Cook and Andersen it'll be 'rolling rolling rolling'!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, maneacat said:

I remember being told exactly the same as Wealdstone’s comment and I’m certain we were not the only ones to believe that at the time from conversations with other fans.   An expansion on Mick’s statement would be useful - not sure what to think or believe at present.  

Think that we've been there before and it wasn't pretty. Best thing Mick can do is leave it there. It's old news and doesn't really need to be dragged up again. We're back in the big league with a decent team so time to move on from there - that's me being positive btw (yes that's twice in a month Rodders :shock: )

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Three top riders and they go well away from home too.   Peterborough should be a good team to watch and have plenty of success.

• Like 1

Certainly a good start with the names announced so far.

Glad to hear Cook is able to get a starting place in the top flight.

• Like 1

Excellent start to the Panthers Line-up.  Must have ticked a good few peoples wish list.   Now for the Nuts and bolts of the team.  Is Simon 'Rambo' Lambo a shoe in of the No 7 berth ( or even 6) ?

10 minutes ago, semion said:

Excellent start to the Panthers Line-up.  Must have ticked a good few peoples wish list.   Now for the Nuts and bolts of the team.  Is Simon 'Rambo' Lambo a shoe in of the No 7 berth ( or even 6) ?

No.

Good Luck to Cookie, I think his home average at the EoES will be higher than it was at the NSS,  he will do fine hopefully if he copes with the travelling.

He will certainly be racking up the miles next year, around a 500 mile round trip to home meetings which from experience isn't the quickest place to get to, along with 2x away trips to a southern based league.

Add in his Home meetings at Glasgow and I'm sure he'll be spending more hours on the road than most!

Edited by Marksman