Peterborough Panthers 2019

14 hours ago, Noodles said:

Yep, that's what the ET said

...before he went home?!:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/10/2018 at 1:19 PM, Daniel Smith said:

A very good looking side being put together at the showground :cry:

Certainly will be a very entertaining season at Peterborough in 2019, fingers crossed that some promoting in the local area is done and the crowds turn up as it looks to be a team well worth backing.

Exciting for the Panthers - depressing for the Stars :cry:

Panthers fans, you must be delighted so far??

:t:

Hopefully those that left when Panthers relegated themselves will return.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 2:17 PM, New era Panthers said:

Yes i'm  well impressed  with the top 3 in place and with the other 4 yet to be named  , things are looking good. Just hope crowds are good for Thursday night racing and we can get back to being an established top flight club again . It would also be good if we could get most of those who deserted the club when they left after dropping down a league to return and see what is on offer at the showground . If fans want it to succeed then they need to show up , the foundations have been laid now it's down to supporters to show they really want top flight speedway.

I'm confident that crowds will be bigger next season.  I know a couple of fans who used to be regulars in the EL, but had gradually attended less and less since Panthers dropped down - but they're already talking enthusiastically about next season.  And that's just me; I'm sure plenty of other Panthers fans could report a similar story.  Anyway, nobody will be going less often, surely?!  

One positive aspect of next season's line-up is that most of the riders (assuming it comprises the 7 we're expecting) have some sort of history with Panthers.  Ged could have brought in 7 riders who are totally new to the club; it could well have been successful and we'd all be delighted.  But then it's like supporting a team of strangers, speedway mercenaries.  I know that's the nature of speedway, but I'm really glad that the first three signings are not only top riders, they also give us a certain feeling of being "our boys".  Same goes for  Bradley W-D and Paul Starke.  Even Ben Barker to a lesser extent.  Then, if the rumours are correct, it'd just leave ChasW as a "new" boy.  The fact that the management team is still Ged, Neil & Carl only adds to the feelgood factor, imho. 

And I can't wait for the new season!   

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I'm sure many will 

Edited by PE7Panther

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

We need 20% of the fans that attended the 2006 play off final, then dissapeared to return, then it would be happy days !!

Looks a good team for the Panthers however just imagine if a Polish team had Harris, Cook and Anderson , sadly shows the gulf between the league's i suppose

2 hours ago, bruno said:

Looks a good team for the Panthers however just imagine if a Polish team had Harris, Cook and Anderson , sadly shows the gulf between the league's i suppose

Look at it like this.

No POL team wants Cook or Harris. Anderson now only good enough for POL Nice 1 and not POL EXL and think I heard that his team may not even have a licence to race next year due to some issues. Nothing like those facing the team that Hancock/Morris & Becker ride for who seem to have a boss who has commited some nasties in not paying riders of the team - plus an individual Tournament and also for a car they purchased that was given as a prize. They paid 1/2 payments and then stopped. News on them looks pretty bleak according to the main POL Speedway site https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/i-liga/statystyki/2018  Check the recent headlines on right hand site of the web page. Mentions Anderson's team and some stadium payment issues as well as the various Hancock team issues which look more serious.

Interesting to Norbi still riding so well, higher average than the likes of Robert Lambert and Troy Batchelor...

1 hour ago, moorelsm said:

Interesting to Norbi still riding so well, higher average than the likes of Robert Lambert and Troy Batchelor...

No thanks 

7 hours ago, PE7Panther said:

I'm confident that crowds will be bigger next season.  I know a couple of fans who used to be regulars in the EL, but had gradually attended less and less since Panthers dropped down - but they're already talking enthusiastically about next season.  And that's just me; I'm sure plenty of other Panthers fans could report a similar story.  Anyway, nobody will be going less often, surely?!  

One positive aspect of next season's line-up is that most of the riders (assuming it comprises the 7 we're expecting) have some sort of history with Panthers.  Ged could have brought in 7 riders who are totally new to the club; it could well have been successful and we'd all be delighted.  But then it's like supporting a team of strangers, speedway mercenaries.  I know that's the nature of speedway, but I'm really glad that the first three signings are not only top riders, they also give us a certain feeling of being "our boys".  Same goes for  Bradley W-D and Paul Starke.  Even Ben Barker to a lesser extent.  Then, if the rumours are correct, it'd just leave ChasW as a "new" boy.  The fact that the management team is still Ged, Neil & Carl only adds to the feelgood factor, imho. 

And I can't wait for the new season!   

Nice to read its refreshing someone posting enthusiastically rather than doom and gloom  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bruno said:

Yoyr absolutely right about the gulf but I don’t think it’s the right point to emphasise it, because I think this Peterborough team is vastly over rated. It’s a reasonable top 3, nothing more. They will struggle in the bigger races.

3 minutes ago, acef said:

Yoyr absolutely right about the gulf but I don’t think it’s the right point to emphasise it, because I think this Peterborough team is vastly over rated. It’s a reasonable top 3, nothing more. They will struggle in the bigger races.

We'll come back to that after Hans and Cookie have slammed in a match winning 5-1 at the National Stadium next season  ;)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ArthurRudge said:

Nice to read its refreshing someone posting enthusiastically rather than doom and gloom  

:cheers:

4 hours ago, acef said:

Well, I guess everybody's entitled to their opinion but, with only 3 riders announced so far, surely it's a bit early to be writing a team off.   We had similar bollox before the start of last season with some people rubbishing Panthers' chances before a wheel had been turned......  and who finished top o' the league?  

Just saying like ;)  

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 4