British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

7 hours ago, PE7Panther said:

Well, I guess everybody's entitled to their opinion but, with only 3 riders announced so far, surely it's a bit early to be writing a team off.   We had similar bollox before the start of last season with some people rubbishing Panthers' chances before a wheel had been turned......  and who finished top o' the league?  

Just saying like ;)  

You know who your 7 riders are.

The top 3 are distinctly average. 

11 hours ago, BluPanther said:

We'll come back to that after Hans and Cookie have slammed in a match winning 5-1 at the National Stadium next season  ;)

Against Fricke and Bjerre? Not a chance. It’s an absolute no brainer of a choice. 2 riders who ride in the top polish league vs a washed up former gp rider in hans, and one who tried and failed and can’t get even get a ride overseas.

Its literally not even a debate.

Edited by acef
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, BluPanther said:

We'll come back to that after Hans and Cookie have slammed in a match winning 5-1 at the National Stadium next season  ;)

'Rolling, rolling, rolling. Keep those dawgies rolling.'!!:o:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, acef said:

Against Fricke and Bjerre? Not a chance. It’s an absolute no brainer of a choice. 2 riders who ride in the top polish league vs a washed up former gp rider in hans, and one who tried and failed and can’t get even get a ride overseas.

Its literally not even a debate.

Referring to Cook I, I find your statement amazing considering most of your supporters are gutted that he's not back at the NSS , it sounds a bit like sour grapes to me .

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 5

I hear another rider is not coming to the show ground next year because of the restrictions in the contract

Not allowing  a rider to have his own personal sponsors on his bike covers is wrong 

I just hope Buster enjoys his big kickback from the BT deal

• Like 1

2 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Referring to Cook I, I find your statement amazing considering most of your supporters are gutted that he's not back at the NSS , it sounds a bit like sour grapes to me .

You can count me in the minority. It most certainly isn’t sour grapes.

I am a fan of Craig’s commitment but that’s where it ends. Bjerre on a lower average is a much better rider than Craig and it was absolutely the correct decision. Craig is a nearly man. Nearly does a lot of things but never quite gets it in full. He’s a 3rd HL in this league. The time was right. 

I’m not entirely sure why bv supporters are gutted tbh. They get lost in the euphoria of his passion and commitment but forget that he’s a distinctively average rider who thinks he’s better than he is.

Peterboro will not have a number 1 in that team. Cook and Harris were 1 and 5 for Glasgow in a division lower last season. Andersen is half decent but he is no number 1 anymore. Like Craig, a 2nd to 3rd HL. Harris imo is done at the highest level. He’s a 2nd string.

Edited by acef

27 minutes ago, acef said:

You can count me in the minority. It most certainly isn’t sour grapes.

I am a fan of Craig’s commitment but that’s where it ends. Bjerre on a lower average is a much better rider than Craig and it was absolutely the correct decision. Craig is a nearly man. Nearly does a lot of things but never quite gets it in full. He’s a 3rd HL in this league. The time was right. 

I’m not entirely sure why bv supporters are gutted tbh. They get lost in the euphoria of his passion and commitment but forget that he’s a distinctively average rider who thinks he’s better than he is.

Peterboro will not have a number 1 in that team. Cook and Harris were 1 and 5 for Glasgow in a division lower last season. Andersen is half decent but he is no number 1 anymore. Like Craig, a 2nd to 3rd HL. Harris imo is done at the highest level. He’s a 2nd string.

Name all the other heat leaders that are better than Peterborough’s? They may not be a Number 1 when compared to Doyle but there aren’t many of those heat leaders left in this country. 

Weve seen enough of Bjerre to know he goes missing at the business end of the season. 

Edited by Sully
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sully said:

Name all the other heat leaders that are better than Peterborough’s? They may not be a Number 1 when compared to Doyle but there aren’t many of those heat leaders left in this country. 

Weve seen enough of Bjerre to know he goes missing at the business end of the season. 

Max Fricke.

Robert Lambert.

Kenneth Bjerre

Jason Doyle

Troy Batchelor

NKI

Tobias Museliak 

Brady Kurtz

Jack Holder

I can go on if you wish. All those are either currently better or will become better.

As for Bjerre, your statement simply isn’t true. Have a look at scores in the play offs for bv in 17 and compare to cook. Nice little example for you there.

4 minutes ago, acef said:

Max Fricke.

Robert Lambert.

Kenneth Bjerre

Jason Doyle

Troy Batchelor

NKI

Tobias Museliak 

Brady Kurtz

Jack Holder

I can go on if you wish. All those are either currently better or will become better.

As for Bjerre, your statement simply isn’t true. Have a look at scores in the play offs for bv in 17 and compare to cook. Nice little example for you there.

The majority of those have averages lower than Peterborough’s top 3 so not sure you’ve made your point there? Have a look at Bjerre in the playoffs for Peterborough. One good performance for BV in a playoff doesn’t prove your point. Ask panthers fans how many of them were left disappointed with his efforts in the play offs. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, acef said:

Max Fricke.

Robert Lambert.

Kenneth Bjerre

Jason Doyle

Troy Batchelor

NKI

Tobias Museliak 

Brady Kurtz

Jack Holder

Bjerre  has a 7.02 average for one reason . I would also point out that Leicester didn't value him that highly by dumping him mid season in 2018.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sully said:

The majority of those have averages lower than Peterborough’s top 3 so not sure you’ve made your point there? Have a look at Bjerre in the playoffs for Peterborough. One good performance for BV in a playoff doesn’t prove your point. Ask panthers fans how many of them were left disappointed with his efforts in the play offs. 

Horses for courses. Bjerre has always been a very good rider for BV. How he rides for other clubs isn’t comparable. He seems very much at home at BV, and the majority of fans will vouch for what I’m about to say. He is a proper number 1 for us. He was the only one who got anywhere near Lindgren when he was knocking out a tune. Often beating him infact.

Some of those mentioned riders have slightly lower averages but they are all improving. In Andersen/Harris you have riders that are well seasoned but who are on the decline. Cook is just cook. He will have about a 7 to 8 point average.

Give me a HL trio of Holder/Kurtz and Fricke any day over Peterborough’s. 

2 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Bjerre  has a 7.02 average for one reason . I would also point out that Leicester didn't value him that highly by dumping him mid season in 2018.

See my above post 

He was also having a poor season and was basically about to drop Britain. He wasn’t coming to the Uk this season until bv picked up the phone.

like I said, horses for courses. Everything just seems to work for him at the nss and when he pulls on a bv race jacket

Edited by acef

10 minutes ago, acef said:

Give me a HL trio of Holder/Kurtz and Fricke any day over Peterborough’s. 

Maybe but no one is going to be getting that trio so a bit pointless arguing it really? My point is which other team has a better top 3 with plenty of scope for a solid bottom end. You could also argue Harris and Hans May enjoy things a little more at a decent race track like Peterborough so may well add to their averages. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sully said:

Maybe but no one is going to be getting that trio so a bit pointless arguing it really? My point is which other team has a better top 3 with plenty of scope for a solid bottom end. You could also argue Harris and Hans May enjoy things a little more at a decent race track like Peterborough so may well add to their averages. 

In the right environment you could well be right.

As it stands I think BV, Swindon, Wolves and Kings lynn (assuming the predictions are correct) have a better HL combination than Peterborough.

I’ll always favour youth and riders who are developing, and getting onto the next level or are at least maintaining a level at number 1.

For me Peterborough don’t tick any of those boxes but I guess time will tell.

8 minutes ago, acef said:

In the right environment you could well be right.

As it stands I think BV, Swindon, Wolves and Kings lynn (assuming the predictions are correct) have a better HL combination than Peterborough.

I’ll always favour youth and riders who are developing, and getting onto the next level or are at least maintaining a level at number 1.

For me Peterborough don’t tick any of those boxes but I guess time will tell.

That’s the beauty of sport. We can all have opinions but nothing is ever guaranteed.