British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

On 12/14/2018 at 2:48 PM, New era Panthers said:

Starke will not fit in the team alongside Wilson / Dean   and  Barker unless Ged  manages to get 2.5% reduction for BWD but Lasse  Bjerre  would fit regardless .

Quite so.  We're basically singing from the same hymnsheet.  Thing is, last time you just said "but Starke wont fit..." 

The reason I picked you up on it was nothing personal.  It was just that there's far too much stuff posted on here that reads like it's an unequivocal fact.  The danger then is that others pick up the baton and run with it :rolleyes: 

From what I can make out, Ged is under the impression - rightly or wrongly - that BW-D will get the reduction. Hence the widely held belief that the remaining three riders will be  BW-D, Starke & Barker.   BigCatDiary has posted on here that he thinks BW-D does qualify for the reduction.  I'm no expert on the rules & regs, but BCD is usually on the ball. 

But if it turns out to be wrong, or if Ged gets shafted over this reduction thing (which is far less likely now that Buster is involved with Panthers) then slotting in Lasse Bjerre instead of Starke would still give us a terrific team imho. 

I guess we'll find out soon enough!  But however it pans out, I'm sure every Panthers fan is looking forward to next season with more enthusiasm than for ages. 

Edited by PE7Panther

20 minutes ago, Ozzy15 said:

Welcome to Peterborough Charles Wright. Cracking signing on that average.

Good signing :t: I would of had him at Lynn :angry:

1 hour ago, PE7Panther said:

From what I can make out, Ged is under the impression - rightly or wrongly - that BW-D will get the reduction. Hence the widely held belief that the remaining three riders will be  BW-D, Starke & Barker.   BigCatDiary has posted that he thinks BW-D does qualify for the reduction.  I'm no expert on the rules & regs, but BCD is usually on the ball. 

Workington have signed BWD assuming he is on his full 6 point average with no reduction. Although the AGM PR said all ex-NL riders qualify it's been suggested that it only applies to those that meet the current British passport and ACU licence requirement. BWD qualified by patriality in 2015 which is why he was assessed at 5 rather than 3 and that situation no longer applies.

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

So will it be one announcement Monday and the final two on thursday

More than likely one ex Panther  followed by two more ex Panther's.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

So will it be one announcement Monday and the final two on thursday

Two riders being announced tomorrow.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

More than likely one ex Panther  followed by two more ex Panther's.

Konopka, Dilger and Simota to finish it off nicely......

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Konopka, Dilger and Simota to finish it off nicely......

What about mooooller

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hans fan said:

What about mooooller

Oh I don't think I would have the patience with any of them again , but Konopka seemed liked a nice polite chap just a pity he had a non-stick saddle honest 100% trier though and (Moooolar) he would have been better taking up chess.

Ben Barker and Lasse Bjerre signs and both will start at Reserve for the Panthers.

Next signing Thursday AM.

Don't get much at reserve to start the season. Even during the season, realistically will be either Wright/Barker/BWD or Lasse all season, very happy with that!

• Like 1

And that leaves a Bradley Wilson-Dean sized gap. 

Really happy with this team on paper. 

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Flappy said:

And that leaves a Bradley Wilson-Dean sized gap. 

Really happy with this team on paper. 

On paper you should be over the moon. Im just disappointing that midweek racing is too far without time off so will have to pick and choose a couple of meetings (dependant on opposition) as the team looks both brilliantly entertaining and hugely dominant around the showground.

• Like 1

A reserve duo of L Bjerre and Barker is a potent weapon. Won’t see any better reserve pairings than that! Poole may push them close if Allen joins Covatti. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

4 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Should be fun when 4 riders hate each other on this team. 

And 2 almost didn’t sign because they hate each other so much! 

Well that could indeed throw a huge spanner in the works. An unhappy camp is very rarely successful! Let’s hope for the Panthers sake there’s little foundation to that particular rumour.