British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

10 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I don't get how those averages have been allowed. Lasse Bjerre and Ben Barker should be on their 2017 Premiership averages as it's the highest official average they have.

Lasse Bjerre 6.10 - Ben Barker 5.85

Quiet Daniel, 4.72 and 4.58 is much better  :D

Edited by BluPanther
  • Like 1

Lets not forget that these are just announcements at this stage. Nothing is certain until every team and its averages is ratified by the BSPA.

6 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

5.25                  BWD  =5.22

5.37 left for the final rider 

29 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

4.72 and 4.70 respectively

4.72 and 4.58

8 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Correct.

Both Lasse and Ben come in on converted 2018 CL averages, Ben’s average includes the 2.5% discount.

4 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Both Lasse and Ben come in on converted 2018 CL averages, Ben’s average includes the 2.5% discount.

Why? They both contain official premiership averages from 2017

So 5.37 left and MPT is 5.36 ..... Fits like a glove, but would be happy with BWD ...

9 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I don't get how those averages have been allowed. Lasse Bjerre and Ben Barker should be on their 2017 Premiership averages as it's the highest official average they have.

Lasse Bjerre 6.10 - Ben Barker 5.85

The most recently established MA is used, unless a rider has an average from both leagues in the same season when the appropriate average applies. (Art 16.2.7)

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Lets not forget that these are just announcements at this stage. Nothing is certain until every team and its averages is ratified by the BSPA.

Spot on, all averages need to be ratified by the BSPA Office in due course

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

The most recently established MA is used, unless a rider has an average from both leagues in the same season when the appropriate average applies. (Art 16.2.7)

But it’s plain stupid to say that a PL to CL conversion rate of 1.5 will be applied to PL riders to discourage them from doubling up in the CL and yet allow the rate in reverse to allow CL riders who have had experience in the PL be brought back into the PL on lower averages.

So a 2018 PL reserve like Wajtknecht, who is doing his best to progress, now has to face CL heat leaders riding at reserve for another team. That can’t be right.

Rasmus Jensen is anotherer example. He has a CL average of 6.59 (compared to Wajtknecht’s CL average of 5.19) but could come in to a PL reserve berth on a paltry 4.39 (compared to Wajtknecht’s genuine PL average of 4.37).

How is that fair to 2018 PL riders?

Just wrong.

• Like 3

What a side. 

I have a job interview on Thursday for a position in Lynch Wood, near the Showground. 

Wish me luck guys. If I'm successful, I will then buy a season ticket. 

10 minutes ago, DC2 said:

But it’s plain stupid to say that a PL to CL conversion rate of 1.5 will be applied to PL riders to discourage them from doubling up in the CL and yet allow the rate in reverse to allow CL riders who have had experience in the PL be brought back into the PL on lower averages.

So a 2018 PL reserve like Wajtknecht, who is doing his best to progress, now has to face CL heat leaders riding at reserve for another team. That can’t be right.

Rasmus Jensen is anotherer example. He has a CL average of 6.59 (compared to Wajtknecht’s CL average of 5.19) but could come in to a PL reserve berth on a paltry 4.39 (compared to Wajtknecht’s genuine PL average of 4.37).

How is that fair to 2018 PL riders?

Just wrong.

Unfair but one has to take into a/c that Zach has ridden in Prem for 2 seasons where Jensen has never ridden. Zach therefore has established 20 match rolling GSA av in Prem.

Jensen is perhaps an extreme example and when you look at all his results for Workington in OCT (of which quite a few) you would think you are comparing a HL in Champ compered to a reserve in what may well be Poole's Prem side. Perhaps that and Klindt pestering Ford to look closer at him is part of the reason he may well turn out for Poole. BUT then again it could go wrong. Remember Spaniak last season.

I take the point though that a young British rider learning his trade is somewhat disadvantaged by the rules.

5 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

What a side. 

I have a job interview on Thursday for a position in Lynch Wood, near the Showground. 

Sure you won't be pushing the No Confidence Vote with your friend in Parliament ??? ;)

at last panthers do look like they have got team  building right on paper , not barkers biggest fan but if he's on it at start of season panthers could be nigh  on unbeatable early doors

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

What a side. 

Yep, good luck! And if you need a character reference there'll be plenty of your fellow Panthers forumites willing to step forward :t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

5.37 left for the final rider 

4.72 and 4.58

Neil,

What about  Bomber and Cook; Brit rider reduction for them too? 

And dare I ask whether BW-D also gets it...... ?

10 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Unfair but one has to take into a/c that Zach has ridden in Prem for 2 seasons where Jensen has never ridden. Zach therefore has established 20 match rolling GSA av in Prem.

Jensen is perhaps an extreme example and when you look at all his results for Workington in OCT (of which quite a few) you would think you are comparing a HL in Champ compered to a reserve in what may well be Poole's Prem side. Perhaps that and Klindt pestering Ford to look closer at him is part of the reason he may well turn out for Poole. BUT then again it could go wrong. Remember Spaniak last season.

I take the point though that a young British rider learning his trade is somewhat disadvantaged by the rules.

Would Starke be 5 (his 2017 PL average) or 3.92 (his 2018 CL average converted back on 1.5)?

Was a full list of averages supplied to all promoters before riders were signed?

23 minutes ago, PE7Panther said:

Neil,

What about  Bomber and Cook; Brit rider reduction for them too? 

And dare I ask whether BW-D also gets it...... ?

So it looks like MPT would fit.